Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

'

thanks very much i know its owned by crown castle i figured if it was shared by everyone it would have everyone's name on the door to get in, it says att personal only so thats why i was confused.

so is this a full NV or GMO do you know??

i just read the whole article about GMO which was very informative.

btw how do you become a sponsor? i looked around and i dont see a link maybe s4gru might want to put a link thats on top of every page that says become a sponsor because i cant even figure it out LOL

thanks again! and YAAAA i miss 4g i had wimax and its been tough going back to 3g my area was wimax 4g for a long time

AT&T likes to post signs all over the sites they are located. Kind of like a dog pissing on a fire hydrant...marking his turf. I don't know why the tower owners allow it.

There are very few GMO sites on the Florida peninsula. I wouldn't figure any sites in your area are GMO's.

For information about sponsorship, visit this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Thanks.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

AT&T likes to post signs all over the sites they are located. Kind of like a dog pissing on a fire hydrant...marking his turf. I don't know why the tower owners allow it.

There are very few GMO sites on the Florida peninsula. I wouldn't figure any sites in your area are GMO's.

For information about sponsorship, visit this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Thanks.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Lol too funny (att)

Tks

Just had two separate 4g sightings on UM's campus.

For those that are familiar with the area (like rjw and luisrodg), I saw 4g on my phone very briefly in the area between the post office and the law school, behind the new UC. It's that area with the traffic circle behind where the farmer's market is on Wednesdays. I saw it on my phone but it disappeared after a few seconds, so it was probably a faint signal.

I also was in the Physics conference room in the Physics building, on the 3rd floor. I was next to my friend with an iPhone and noticed her phone said LTE (with 1 or 2 bars), but mine still said 3g. She was next to a window that overlooks the courtyard outside of Wilder Auditorium. I didn't try to see if I could get 4g when on the 1st floor outside.

Edited by Jaggrey

My sister attends UM so when I visit her I noticed my phone picked up LTE. There are a few sites near by the school that are in progress and one really distant site that was 4G accepted. If you guys subscribe you'll be able to see the exact locations of the sites..

Just had two separate 4g sightings on UM's campus.

For those that are familiar with the area (like rjw and luisrodg), I saw 4g on my phone very briefly in the area between the post office and the law school, behind the new UC. It's that area with the traffic circle behind where the farmer's market is on Wednesdays. I saw it on my phone but it disappeared after a few seconds, so it was probably a faint signal.

I also was in the Physics conference room in the Physics building, on the 3rd floor. I was next to my friend with an iPhone and noticed her phone said LTE (with 1 or 2 bars), but mine still said 3g. She was next to a window that overlooks the courtyard outside of Wilder Auditorium. I didn't try to see if I could get 4g when on the 1st floor outside.

In the last few days I have been able to connect to 4G from a few places on campus, such as the area outside of the Starbucks that you mentioned, and also now my phone will connect to 4G while inside my office in Ungar 5th floor (whereas before it was only outside). However, the 4G is unusable. Just today I was sitting outside the Starbucks studying and my phone was connected to 4G the whole time, however, I couldn't use the internet as none of the pages loaded. It was so annoying! I actually was forced to put the phone in CDMA mode only to be able to use the internet. I don't know why it would connect to 4G if the signal is unusable. All the area around Ungar on the floor level as well as inside has 4G but again, unusable.

I haven't posted about this new "findings" since they are worthless.

Yea I've noticed that with quite a few of the new 4G areas I'm seeing. I can now also grab 4G on 826 from around NW 36th Street all the way up to around NW 103rd or 122nd. The area around NW 103rd has been on for a little bit but I just noticed the area around NW 36th Street yesterday, although it didn't appear to be too usable. I also noticed on my ride in yesterday that on Miller headed toward the University I'm on 4g until close to NW 57th Ave.

Happy to see all the progress being made! It seems usually when the phone switches to it even if it isn't initially usable it seems to be within a few days. Hopefully this will be the case in this instance.

I just checked and my phone says EVDO instead of the HRPD it has said continuously now for months all over Miami. In my house I have had HRPD for months now as well as anywhere I go. Does this sudden EVDO mean anything? Such as, could it mean they are working in the tower near my house?

I just checked and my phone says EVDO instead of the HRPD it has said continuously now for months all over Miami. In my house I have had HRPD for months now as well as anywhere I go. Does this sudden EVDO mean anything? Such as, could it mean they are working in the tower near my house?

I've seen the occur here in Broward. It usually reappears within a day or two.

It happens to me all the time when I leave my job. I just flip airplane mode on and off.. my job usually goes into roaming since the signal from the sprint tower is weak and it has to pass through several buildings before getting to me. Key Biscayne is lame.

Just got to university and still EVDO here (which again, has been HRPD for months) . Cycled airplane mode (which I didn't do back at my home) and still EVDO.

It doesn't really matter... Just hoping it means they are working on the towers I'm connecting to.

Where I live I get ehrpd or evdoa. Sprint told me ehrpd is a slower network he said its kind of like 2g. He said the evdoa network is a much better network. It is not the new nv though if you run a speed test throuh speed test.net app u will notice the speed different or you should because I sure do. They are still upgrading old towers still with the old network crap. If you go to sprints site it might say u have a data upgrade or capacity upgrade or voice upgrade they are upgrading the towers they are not workng on due to all the issues south florida has been having. My zip code has like 166 upgrades. Sprint said they can legally only upgrade so many towers to nv and lte at once due to the law and fcc. I dont know how true that is but I was talking to network ticket support which deals with open network tickets. When you call them it goes straight to them they have a special phone number.

I'm sorry but I think that Sprint rep is so uninformed it's not even funny...

eHRPD a 2G network? Where did he get that from?

He said thats the best way he could describe it. Its not 2g just an analogy

I hope it wont be long until the tower on glades an 441 get upgraded. I am shocked to see work being done. I was by the mall but I could not find the tower that is giving off lte. Ill have to check tomorrow when jts daytime

I hope it wont be long until the tower on glades an 441 get upgraded. I am shocked to see work being done. I was by the mall but I could not find the tower that is giving off lte. Ill have to check tomorrow when jts daytime

Why are you shocked? Work eventually had to start in the Boca area sometime.

Why are you shocked? Work eventually had to start in the Boca area sometime.

I knew work would start eventually but I know boca has harsh laws to get permits an what not. I thought it would be 2maybe 3 months until work would start. But im glad it finally started. I live in between two towers off 441an once they get upgraded i will be set when ever I leave my house to go to work or when im around my general area. I think the tower off 441 an glades by the best buy will be a ground mount option cause that tower has like 4 other carriers on it besides sprint an its full.

I believe Robert stated there wouldn't be much if any Ground mounted sites in Florida. Also remember they'll be removing the Legacy panels but we'll just have to wait and see how things play out..

is it a tower or is it on a building ??

All I know is that when I am near glades an I-95 I have a full 5 bars of LTE. On the sprint website it shows the tower just to the southeast of the overpass. I know its this tower because on the Network Vision site that is the closest one that says "Data Speed Upgrade"