Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Ok if u click on the first pic I posted if u look at the very bottom rack u will see very skinny pannels an then a big thick pannel next to it. The. Big thick pannels are new on that tower. If u look above those pannels u will see big white pannels with 1 rru behind them I thought those were att? But If u look at the bottom rack u will see the big thick pannels have nothing attached to them. They were jus instslled today. Maybe ur right idk

Looks like the new t-mobile rel. 10 ericsson AIR panels to me.

Looks like T-Mob is deploying LTE down in Miami... Just saw a crew on a T-Mob only site with tower climbers installing new panels down in Homestead...

They just installed new pannels on a tower near me. Look at the pics I posted on this page an page 61.

This weekend I did the "Upgrade Now" thing on my wife's line and got the Note 2, swapped it to my line and gave my wife my S3 (replacing her Evo 3D which was mine before I got the S3). Gotta love this beast of a phone.

I also saw a new sensorly dot where the Palmetto ends at the US1 at the Dadeland South metro station. When I take the metro back home I will see if I'm able to connect to LTE around the area since up to now there hasn't been anything in that area.

This weekend I did the "Upgrade Now" thing on my wife's line and got the Note 2, swapped it to my line and gave my wife my S3 (replacing her Evo 3D which was mine before I got the S3). Gotta love this beast of a phone.

I also saw a new sensorly dot where the Palmetto ends at the US1 at the Dadeland South metro station. When I take the metro back home I will see if I'm able to connect to LTE around the area since up to now there hasn't been anything in that area.

I also got 4G on UM's campus very briefly. I was on the 7th floor of the Ashe bldg. I'm sure I just caught it from a faraway tower that wasn't obstructed by trees and buildings.

Turns out tmobile is doing lte upgrades in my city I just talked to the tower guys that were working on the tower by me. Tmobile pannels look way different then sprints when u get a good look at them

I also got 4G on UM's campus very briefly. I was on the 7th floor of the Ashe bldg. I'm sure I just caught it from a faraway tower that wasn't obstructed by trees and buildings.

I have actually gotten 4G on UM's campus more than a month ago and still do, but only when I'm in the balcony of the stairs of the 5th floor of Ungar building.

So I guess it's the same thing as you described that I must be getting it from a faraway tower because as soon as I go inside on the 5th floor I lose it and have never gotten it at floor level no matter how many times I cycle airplane mode.

If you look on sensorly at UM's campus you will see some purple on the Ungar building, that was me (it's been there for 1+ month). Also on the University metro station there's some purple dots which was also done by me, also 1+ month ago, but this one is unpredictable. Sometimes I connect and sometimes I don't, whereas on the 5th floor of Ungar I can connect every time for the past month if I'm outside on the balcony.

Was by the site in homestead that has the 3g/4g/800 and 3g data speed were almost 0. Couldn't even do a speed test via the app. Just sat there. Wondering if the new 3g hardware is activated or connected to legacy backhaul.

Was by the site in homestead that has the 3g/4g/800 and 3g data speed were almost 0. Couldn't even do a speed test via the app. Just sat there. Wondering if the new 3g hardware is activated or connected to legacy backhaul.

I suspect that contractors in South Florida sometimes give antennas priority, as Osprey nesting season (Spring/Summer?) is near (http://neotropical.b...?p_p_spp=119196) and so backhaul can wait.

Just speculation...

:ty:

3G is accepted, but not yet live. They bring 3G live in clusters. Sprint even mentioned that in the Q&A article on the wall. At the Homestead site, 4G is live but 3G is legacy until the other 3G sites in the cluster are ready.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ahhh ok - Thanks Robert. Hope they can get more on air pretty quick. Is there any reason tho they are bring up the clusters instead of just activating them as they finish the install?

Yes. With the LTE, they don't have any interference issues with so few towers online. However, the 3G side has to be set precisely and coordinated with other adjacent sites, so they optimize an entire cluster all at once on the 3G side before it can go live. Otherwise, there will be dropped calls and performance issues.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

What is the difference between tmobilw lte an sprint lte? Like bands an all that good stuff?. Also I have one more question is tmobile following what sprint is doing as in turning on a site when its done or waiting for a whole market to be finished then turning it on?

Over in the Sponsor section, I have posted about two LTE sites that were accepted yesterday in the Miami/West Palm market. Sponsors can check out more details and the maps here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/588-network-vision-site-map-florida-markets/page__view__findpost__p__103555

Robert

• Like 1

I looked up tower permits in my area for the month of january cause thats the latest the city website has an I saw applied permits for my city for cell towers an the descriptions on them said replace antennas an equipment on existing towers. An some others mention about cabinets an what not. But the contractors were goff communications and westower communications. How do I know if thats tmobile or sprint upgrading the tower? Is my only option going to those towers my self? Is anyone familiar with the contractors?

I looked up tower permits in my area for the month of january cause thats the latest the city website has an I saw applied permits for my city for cell towers an the descriptions on them said replace antennas an equipment on existing towers. An some others mention about cabinets an what not. But the contractors were goff communications and westower communications. How do I know if thats tmobile or sprint upgrading the tower? Is my only option going to those towers my self? Is anyone familiar with the contractors?

Both are working for Ericsson on the Sprint deployment. Network Vision permits typically say something like, "replace 6 or 9 antennas with 3 antennas and new cabinets" or something similar. Tmo permits usually just say add 3 antennas.

Both are working for Ericsson on the Sprint deployment. Network Vision permits typically say something like, "replace 6 or 9 antennas with 3 antennas and new cabinets" or something similar. Tmo permits usually just say add 3 antennas.

Oo ok. Well I went back and looked at the permits an they said this exactly.

Modify existing tower an ground equipment.

Replace antennas and equipment on existing building

Replace antennas and cabinets on existing tower.

So maybe this is not sprint or tmobile? Since it does not specifically say a number of pannels?

Oo ok. Well I went back and looked at the permits an they said this exactly.

Modify existing tower an ground equipment.

Replace antennas and equipment on existing building

Replace antennas and cabinets on existing tower.

So maybe this is not sprint or tmobile? Since it does not specifically say a number of pannels?

Based on the fact that it says *replace* antennas and equipment or cabinets, I would be willing to bet that this is Sprint work you're looking at here. Good news!

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

Based on the fact that it says *replace* antennas and equipment or cabinets, I would be willing to bet that this is Sprint work you're looking at here. Good news!

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

I hope so. If tmobile is doing work then could be to. Im going to drive to the towers an see what I can find. One of the towers is on a building so I wont be able to see pannels right?

I hope so. If tmobile is doing work then could be to. Im going to drive to the towers an see what I can find. One of the towers is on a building so I wont be able to see pannels right?

Maybe. Best way to find out is to go check it out.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD