Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Anyone see this on the news?  http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/gallery?section=news/local&id=9147259&photo=1

2200 block of Byberry Rd in Bensalem.  Was it a Sprint tower?  NV?

Wow,  according to the sponsors map that is definitely a Sprint tower. Pretty sure I see NV cabinets as well. How the hell can a tower burn like that?? I guess the rubber that the coax/fiber is wrapped in can burn?

I live around the corner from that tower. Word is (unverified.. This was word of mouth so take it with a grain of salt) welders were installing some sort of steps or ladder, insulation caught fire and they couldn't contain the blaze so they allowed it to burn out on its own. They are taking it down now and replacing it. The news in the area said it was an AT&T tower. But it looks like sprint NV on there to me, and my cell service has been out since the fire. So I'm assuming the news got it wrong, or it may be a shared tower with AT&T.

They were huge. And I'm not gonna lie, it was fun to watch lol. I wish sprint would bring in a COW though. It sucks not being able to text or call people for idk how long. I'm not even picking up a roaming signal at my house.

Wow,  according to the sponsors map that is definitely a Sprint tower. Pretty sure I see NV cabinets as well. How the hell can a tower burn like that?? I guess the rubber that the coax/fiber is wrapped in can burn?

I live around the corner from that tower. Word is (unverified.. This was word of mouth so take it with a grain of salt) welders were installing some sort of steps or ladder, insulation caught fire and they couldn't contain the blaze so they allowed it to burn out on its own. They are taking it down now and replacing it. The news in the area said it was an AT&T tower. But it looks like sprint NV on there to me, and my cell service has been out since the fire. So I'm assuming the news got it wrong, or it may be a shared tower with AT&T.

They were huge. And I'm not gonna lie, it was fun to watch lol. I wish sprint would bring in a COW though. It sucks not being able to text or call people for idk how long. I'm not even picking up a roaming signal at my house.

My office isn't far from where that tower is located.  Even though I have several other towers closer than this one, my entire week has been one of dropped calls, no data, roaming, etc.  Only today is my service looking more normal.  Not sure what had to be adjusted, but I haven't had any issues all day.  We'll see what the drive up Street Rd brings though; it has been really bad every day this week.

I'm having some data issues in the roxborough area don't know what's going on I have full bars but nothing loads, I did a service update but it still comes and goes maybe they're working on a near by tower.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I'm having some data issues in the roxborough area don't know what's going on I have full bars but nothing loads, I did a service update but it still comes and goes maybe they're working on a near by tower.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I am also having data issues in central Bucks county...same thing as you.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am also having data issues in central Bucks county...same thing as you.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Glad I am not the only one, I keep getting a pop-ip in Safari saying "Could not activate cellular data" or something like that, calls are fine and so are texts it's just data that has been flaky today. I contacted Sprint via online chat and they said they didn't see any issues with any towers in my area and that they would pass this on to the network guys and hopefully they could resolve my issues. They had me do a service update to update the PRL but it was already on the latest version "51097" so obviously that didn't work and they refreshed the services on my phone. *shrug*

Edited by BlueAngel

I'm on vacation in West Virginia...there is 4G LTE in random small towns in the WV mountains, but not yet in most of the Lehigh Valley!  Hopefully by the time I come home next Saturday there will be some more 4G spots!

(Yes, I realize WV is in the Shentel area, so that is probably why there is LTE here already.)

Allentown right off of 78 Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm over near "Bicentennial" and got 2.2Mbps down 1Mbps up a few months ago, haven't seen it since though. Your speedtest results happen pretty regularly around this time of night for me, I haven't noticed a huge bump in speed since I was pulling down 300Kb/s a long time ago. Not sure why it was so fast, but it hasn't come back. :(

Just now, 1.33 down 0.92 up. Pretty normal for me here. Not awful, but not network vision either I don't think?

Edited by burnout8488

I remember last year getting speeds like 1-5-1.6 down near the Home Depot on Lehigh St.  Now speeds there soooooooo slow.

I also got something crazy like 2.4 down in the parking lot of Rite Aid on Tilghman Street & Route 100 some time last year.  Never happened again!

I remember last year getting speeds like 1-5-1.6 down near the Home Depot on Lehigh St.  Now speeds there soooooooo slow.

I also got something crazy like 2.4 down in the parking lot of Rite Aid on Tilghman Street & Route 100 some time last year.  Never happened again!

Lehigh street Home Depot was horrrrrible for me too, I'll check again later today maybe.

Posted ImageI live on west emmause ave and pulling down 1.50 mb now 4 days ago it was 7kbs a second if u didn't have wifi u had no data it was like that since march when I got service

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

8y8usy9u.jpgI live on west emmause ave and pulling down 1.50 mb now 4 days ago it was 7kbs a second if u didn't have wifi u had no data it was like that since march when I got service

I've noticed large improvements in the last few weeks around the LV.

Hope lte soon in my area

Me too!  I have no cable at my house, and won't have DSL until next October sometime (2014) (required from Verizon by state law), so I'm hoping LTE will be a nice bridge between the two.  We have a Mifi right now, and it has been a bit better, lately, but still slow.  And it disconnects randomly all the time.

Whoa, it's back!

null-64.png

The speed was so quick that it seemed to *slam* into a cap at 300KB/s, is this the theoretical limit for whatever technology we are currently using? 

Edited by burnout8488