Network Vision/LTE - Atlanta/Athens Market

frank04

I just got home and as I was driving by I saw some guys working on the tower close to my house(the one right behind Hooters on tara blvd). These are the same guys I spoke to the beginning of last month when they were completing the lte upgrades. I didn't have a chance to stop by and talk with them, but I will try to do so if they are still there later on today.

Nice. I suspect that was the tower from looking at the Sprint website and this is where I get my signal also at my house. I just hope they didnt mess anything up.

How is this possible? If you type in a location in Manhattan it shows 187 planned upgrades in the next 6 months when NV should be taking over within the next 8 months. This would seem like a lot of money going out the window to repair something that is supposed to be replaced within a very short amount of time. Is it possible that they are starting to show any NV improvements? It just seems like the bandaid repairs would involve almost as much cash and labor as just switching to NV based on what the maps show in the NYC metro area.

That's why I constantly say that Sprint is throwing away money to limp their legacy network along. All these upgrades are already paid for though, so as little sense as it makes to do the upgrades, it makes less sense to pay for them and not carry out the work.

So if they upgrade the legacy equipment, will that mean that normal 4G might take a speedboost?

Legacy equipment is being removed when Network vision is installed. It will have no effect on 4G.

• Like 1

Well, in Lawrenceville I still can't get 4G. At my mechanic (Finish Line on Grayson Highway near Lawrenceville... HIGHLY recommended) this morning, not only did I get a solid 4G signal, I was consistently pulling 30meg down and 20meg up. Smoking hot speeds... Wish I could get them everywhere in the "covered" area.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Well, in Lawrenceville I still can't get 4G. At my mechanic (Finish Line on Grayson Highway near Lawrenceville... HIGHLY recommended) this morning, not only did I get a solid 4G signal, I was consistently pulling 30meg down and 20meg up. Smoking hot speeds... Wish I could get them everywhere in the "covered" area.

Frag...Did you have to toggle your connection mode i.e. CDMA/LTE or did it just connect?

I can't for the life of me get any LTE from downtown ATL to Buford, even around Jimmy Carter or Discover Mills, both of which were LTE reported sites. I'm pretty disappointed thus far. (<--- opinion which is subject to change)

Edited by Crimson01

Frag...Did you have to toggle your connection mode i.e. CDMA/LTE or did it just connect?

I can't for the life of me get any LTE from downtown ATL to Buford, even around Jimmy Carter or Discover Mills, both of which were LTE reported sites. I'm pretty disappointed thus far. (<--- opinion which is subject to change)

Even when you are under the tower? What cook ROM do you have? Do you ever want to do a factory reset n c? Is there something wrong with your phone perhaps?

I get 4g at jimmy carter without toggling. I'm in lilburn off rock bridge rd and got good 4g. I also got 4g at Buford mall of ga after toggle. Weird thing is if I go inside a small building of stone I revert back to 3g.

I fear that also. I was hoping LTE would pentrate building well but so far it has not. It's fine through houses, and but stone buildings are bad. Luckily my office is on the top floor of a building and has a window and I can pick it up well there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Even when you are under the tower? What cook ROM do you have? Do you ever want to do a factory reset n c? Is there something wrong with your phone perhaps?

My phone is stock. That's why I'm asking because with the exception of July 15 @ Mall of GA, I haven't gotten any 4G, and I travel up and down 85 every day. Last time I did get it at the Mall speed was great, but I had to toggle to get it.

Spacesurfer whereabouts on Jimmy Carter? I was on the West side (from 85) of it today, nothin.

• Like 1

Crimson... I'm running a stock Evo LTE and leave my 3G/4G off until I want it (saves battery). Turned on my "3G" and it connected to 4G and stayed connected.

i checked netmonitor today, and the tower i normally connect to from my house appears to be offline. I am connecting to a couple of towers that are alot farther away.

Hopefully this means they are doing some work here in Cumming (windermere area).

I have not seen a 4g signal at all on my Evo LTE since launch.

I'm not sure if others are following the sprint thread (http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/94177?start=30&tstart=0), but a sprint employee spoke out basically confirming most things that were said here (not comprehensive at launch and will fill out over the next months). I at least think that it's a good start to informing the customers who were mad about not being in the loop.

285/Johnson Ferry Rd. still pulling 1.60Mbps

I'm not sure if others are following the sprint thread (http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/94177?start=30&tstart=0), but a sprint employee spoke out basically confirming most things that were said here (not comprehensive at launch and will fill out over the next months). I at least think that it's a good start to informing the customers who were mad about not being in the loop.

285/Johnson Ferry Rd. still pulling 1.60Mbps

I'm not sure what the hold up is. In my case...I was pulling LTE speed before launch...now nothing post launch. Sprint says that is on all around me (I know...reps are no more the authority on LTE than my butcher). I also noticed that while driving around that if I'm lucky enough to get an LTE signal that the speeds are horrible! 4/6 bars pulling 91k down and 200k up. Would be nice to know that things are getting better for some...Would be a moral booster since I have I have a feeling that LTE may be a end of year thing...at best.

Proxcee that really sounds like your phone being the being the problem, although you may never know because sprint won't give a straight answer of where coverage should currently really be available.

Proxcee that really sounds like your phone being the being the problem, although you may never know because sprint won't give a straight answer of where coverage should currently really be available.

That crossed my mind after LTE was launched. So, me being the troubleshooter that I am went to the closest sprint store (about 2 miles away) to test some stock EVO's and GS3's. I tried a bunch of things in order to get an LTE signal on any of the display devices but they were simply not able to. In total...2 different EVO's, 2 different GS3's, and 1 Viper....nada. Given what I found at the sprint store I doubt that my phone is the problem...its the towers.

Looks like my connection has switched from eHRPD to EVDO_A while at home. I wonder what that means? BTW...I am in CDMA/LTE/EVDO mode...(as always). Average 3G speeds are now slower than usual.

Do you have an airrave or someone close by with an airrave?

Edit: Never mind that doesn't make much sense. If it was connected via an airrave to Wi-Fi it would be faster. I'm tired.

Edited by 4ginnc