Network Vision/LTE - Atlanta/Athens Market

frank04

At home' date=' near Mall of Georgia, I was previously getting an ehrpd connection, sometimes LTE. Now I can only get an evdo rev a connection. And a slow one at that. Something has changed for the worse - maintenance on the towers?

Sent from my EVOlte using tapatalk[/quote']

This has happened several times with a few sites to date. Lasts a day or two and then comes back. Not ever really sure the cause.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Still no hint of LTE in cumming. I have yet to see a 4g connection even for 1 second on my EVO LTE.

A couple weeks ago all the towers near my home appeared to be down, I was roaming for 3-4 days straight. I hoped that meant when the towers came back on that I would have LTE...but no luck. Towers are back, and I still havent seen an LTE connection.

My wife works in norcross and reports the same thing this week. She has been roaming while at work..normally she has decent signal.

So it appears there is work going on up here, but who knows when or if we will actually get LTE.

Still no hint of LTE in cumming. I have yet to see a 4g connection even for 1 second on my EVO LTE.

A couple weeks ago all the towers near my home appeared to be down' date=' I was roaming for 3-4 days straight. I hoped that meant when the towers came back on that I would have LTE...but no luck. Towers are back, and I still havent seen an LTE connection.

My wife works in norcross and reports the same thing this week. She has been roaming while at work..normally she has decent signal.

So it appears there is work going on up here, but who knows when or if we will actually get LTE.[/quote']

On the EVO LTE, if you don't cycle your CDMA/LTE setting to CDMA Only and back, you likely will not ever connect to LTE when you are in a LTE area. It is a bug with the EVO LTE. We have discussed it liberally throughout our news articles and forums. Hopefully HTC will fix it soon.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I was sooooo excited on July 15 when they turn on LTE. I was able to get LTE for many days.

Now I dont get LTE to hang on anymore. I mean I am literally within a few feet of the tower and I dont get anything. Even rebooting my phone does no good.

There is a like 3% completion for 1 month now at 22% right? It will never get to 100% by Dec at this rate.

Frustration aside, what is going on? It seems like it has gone from bad to worst. Did something change?

A couple weeks ago all the towers near my home appeared to be down, I was roaming for 3-4 days straight. I hoped that meant when the towers came back on that I would have LTE...but no luck. Towers are back, and I still havent seen an LTE connection.

So it appears there is work going on up here, but who knows when or if we will actually get LTE.

I work in Norcross, too, and had a great WiMax signal at my desk. Unfortunately, I don't see Norcross on the schedule to get any tower upgrades to LTE that are close by enough to affect me. Actually, in looking over the maps, there seems to be a large hole right over my office. It's definitely frustrating that Sprint's coverage maps are completely wrong for this area.

• Like 1

On the EVO LTE, if you don't cycle your CDMA/LTE setting to CDMA Only and back, you likely will not ever connect to LTE when you are in a LTE area. It is a bug with the EVO LTE. We have discussed it liberally throughout our news articles and forums. Hopefully HTC will fix it soon.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Yep I am aware of this issue, and have tried cycling that setting every couple of days or so just to see if I can see 4G if even for a moment. It still has only ever shown 3G data after the setting change.

Yep I am aware of this issue, and have tried cycling that setting every couple of days or so just to see if I can see 4G if even for a moment. It still has only ever shown 3G data after the setting change.

In our Sponsor section, we have a NV Sites Complete interactive map that shows all the sites that Sprint has accepted as complete from the OEM. You could use that information to find the nearest site to you that is complete, drive over to the site and cycle through CDMA and LTE to see if you can pick up a LTE connection. It can help you to rule out if you have a device problem. We have had one member do this and discover his LTE was not functioning and was able to get a new device.

For more information about how to become a S4GRU Sponsor: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

Ok I looked at the NV Sites Complete Interactive map and found the nearest 4G tower. Just drove out there, parked 10 feet from the tower and tried every combination of swapping from CMDA to CDMA/LTE, updating profile, updating PRL and power cycling the phone.

Was never able to get any 4g signal.

I called Sprint support and they suggested I do a factory reset of the phone, if that doesnt work then take it in to a sprint store and have them look at it.

• Like 1

While I was waiting for my plane. I literally walked all the way across the airport and stayed 3g the entire time. Well, I decided to check my usage today and noticed I've used 22kb of 4g! Somewhere while my phone was in my pocket, it must've downloaded an email or something on 4g. I'm so sad that I didn't see it in action. I'll just have to wait until Jacksonville has lte. :(

You didn't miss much. I've got a glimpse of 4g in the north and south terminals but the speeds weren't impressive at all...3-4 megs tops. Probably due to a lot of different factors. Most of the airport is 3G though...

Last week I was sitting on the plane in Atlanta on the tarmac for about 15 minutes, and it seemed like I was the only one who could use data. I heard AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint customers complaining that they couldn't use any data, but I was on LTE and had no issues whatsoever. +1 for early adopters!

• Like 4

I'm in the outskirts of Cumming (just north of 20 and Bethelview) and I can get LTE at my house, where I had zero WiMax before. Shocked that I have it, and it's a halfway decent signal. At work in Sandy Springs however, nothing on the 7th floor, and going out to lunch it is rare that I get and keep a signal.

Found some 4G in Bethlehem which is between Auburn and Athens along Hwy 316.

42576576-b652-cd33.jpg

I will in in Athens tomorrow and will see what they have to offer by way of 4G.

Mav. :cool:

Sent with Apple's permission on my Galaxy Nexus.

Edited by VW Maverick

I drove to 2 more towers that are listed as 4G on the NV Sites Complete map, and neither let me connect to 4g. So I have now been to the 3 nearest "4G" towers to my house and none allow me to connect with 4G.

But, I did get a 4g signal last night for the first time. Was at Taco Mac, the one in Johns Creek (Mathis airport road and peachtree parkway).

Signal was intermittent, I was able to complete one speed test, but the speeds were worse than 3G. I could hold 4G signal for about 5 minutes and then it would go back to 3g.

Then when I got home last night, I was once again roaming on and off and bouncing between towers.

I am getting good 13 mbps down speed now after I did a reboot of my phone few days ago and my LTE seems to stay constant the whole day when I am at home.

Can we all get along and keep it that way?

Edited by chong67

I am at this one particular location yesterday aroung 7 pm and I am getting avg 13 mbps down and 9 mbps up.

Then I did at 6:32 am this morning and it was avg 26 mbps down and 14 mbps up.

I guess it works great when nobody is using it.

Was surprised with 4G signal yesterday in Buford. Oddly enough, when I looked at my phone I saw a 4G signal momentarily, then it dropped. So I then toggled, and bang it locked. Was able to stream HBOGo while watching my kids practice! This appears to be on the completed maps as AT03XC178. I posted in the HTC EVO LTE forum that we "may" get an update tomorrow which stated improvements to LTE signal. Fingers crossed!

BufordGAAT03XC178.png

I've been able to connect to 4G quite a bit in northern suburbia (Roswell/Alpharetta/even pretty far north of Cumming). However, I've noticed a lot of towers which used to have eHRPD installed don't have it active anymore, and the handoffs between towers are choppy.

Does anyone know why this might've happened? It doesn't bother me at all (since I'm usually not browsing through Youtube and driving at the same time), but I'm kinda curious.

I've been able to connect to 4G quite a bit in northern suburbia (Roswell/Alpharetta/even pretty far north of Cumming). However, I've noticed a lot of towers which used to have eHRPD installed don't have it active anymore, and the handoffs between towers are choppy.

Does anyone know why this might've happened? It doesn't bother me at all (since I'm usually not browsing through Youtube and driving at the same time), but I'm kinda curious.

If eHRPD is down, handoffs will be much more noticeable. Sprint must have eHRPD offline because of an issue.

Robert

Had a lot of hand off issues with data on the way to work this morning and I was alternating between roaming 4g and 3g all day at work. Something must be going on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2