Network Vision/LTE - Atlanta/Athens Market

frank04

Coverage is definitely getting a lot better. Using the sensorly app so I can map 4g in my area, I drove from the morrow georgia area all the way to trader joe's in atlanta then back to jonesboro which was about 30 to 40 miles total and my gnex didn't lose 4g not one single time.

• Like 4

Coverage is definitely getting a lot better. Using the sensorly app so I can map 4g in my area, I drove from the morrow georgia area all the way to trader joe's in atlanta then back to jonesboro which was about 30 to 40 miles total and my gnex didn't lose 4g not one single time.

Glad to hear they are patching the gaps with LTE! :)

Traveling up I95 from South Carolina to New Jersey really makes me appreciate the coverage in Atlanta...

Sent from my EVOlte using tapatalk

Traveling between Jersey and NYC makes me appreciate the LTE coverage everywhere else.

How does Sensorly's coverage inside city ATL compare to peoples experiances? Their mapping data seems to be nearly all along I-85 with minimal surveying in town. http://www.sensorly....t/lte_310sprint

I noticed a spot by me missing, so I went and gathered LTE data for it. It was a busy midtown area, so I would infer there's a lot more 'easy' coverage areas missing.

How does Sensorly's coverage inside city ATL compare to peoples experiances? Their mapping data seems to be nearly all along I-85 with minimal surveying in town. http://www.sensorly....t/lte_310sprint

I noticed a spot by me missing, so I went and gathered LTE data for it. It was a busy midtown area, so I would infer there's a lot more 'easy' coverage areas missing.

More people just need to use the app. Basically that solid line going down 75 south from midtown atlanta(a few mile past atlanta medical center) into morrow and jonesboro(hwy 19/41) is all me from last week. Before it was just spots here and there along the expressway.

• Like 1

More people just need to use the app. Basically that solid line going down 75 south into morrow and jonesboro(hwy 19/41) is all me from last week. Before it was just spots here and there along the expressway.

Yeah, I get the impression that Sensorly's user base, at least among Sprint LTE users who actually run the app and submit data, is not that large. I don't think there was anything showing in Waco until Robert visited the city last week and drove all over collecting Sensorly data.

More people just need to use the app. Basically that solid line going down 75 south from midtown atlanta(a few mile past atlanta medical center) into morrow and jonesboro(hwy 19/41) is all me from last week. Before it was just spots here and there along the expressway.

Thanks for mentioning it...I like the concept. I'll take a ride later on today so look out for 30078.

Thanks for mentioning it...I like the concept. I'll take a ride later on today so look out for 30078.

Cool, when you get through just post here with the details so we all can check out what you were able to map out.

I'm back now. Trying to figure out how to get the details now.

Just say what areas you drove to and anyone else can look at the sensorly map, it will update what areas you were in automatically.

Edit:

I just looked at the map and there is a solid line from north of snellville to around the stone mountain area. Was that your route?

Just say what areas you drove to and anyone else can look at the sensorly map, it will update what areas you were in automatically.

Depending on your settings in the app, you might need to explicitly upload your report to the Sensorly mothership. I've never run the app in passive mode. Maybe that is fully automatic.

Maddeningly for me, the app seems to provide no way for me to isolate my route locally. It certainly does not let be export a log for myself.

Depending on your settings in the app, you might need to explicitly upload your report to the Sensorly mothership. I've never run the app in passive mode. Maybe that is fully automatic.

I don't use passive mode being that it will basically run on its own whenever it decides, I always use full auto and when I am done I just exit out of the app. There is nothing to upload, it does it all automatically for you.

Edit:

Actually I am not sure how the passive mode works when it comes to uploading data but I am sure its the same.

Edit:

I just looked at the map and there is a solid line from north of snellville to around the stone mountain area. Was that your route?

Yep that was me...went up 124 towards Lawrence too. Maybe as far as Webb Gin House rd. My map doesn't show it though.

Yep that was me...went up 124 towards Lawrence too. Maybe as far as Webb Gin House rd. My map doesn't show it though.

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=30078

Have you all seen better performance and LTE connection with the newer OTA update?

I finally was able to get s-off and update my Radio , PRL, etc today.

I will know more in a few days after I dont reboot my phone.

You all notice improvement?

• Like 1

Have you all seen better performance and LTE connection with the newer OTA update?

I finally was able to get s-off and update my Radio , PRL, etc today.

I will know more in a few days after I dont reboot my phone.

You all notice improvement?

I am not in atlanta at the moment but with the new ota I did see an improvement. Basically the problem with being able to actually reconnect to lte has been solved the only problem now is staying connected to lte once the signal gets low. From what I can tell it seems like my evo loses connection around -107, if I toggle airplane mode it will connect then drop again anything above that though and its smooth sailing for the most part.

• Like 1

Before I did my update this morning, my LTE has keep degrading by the day until it can never find LTE anymore even if I am feel blocks from the LTE tower.

I like to wait a few days without reboot or toggle airplane mode to see it can really hang onto the LTE before I celebrate a little.

I have been pleased with the update radio after 1 day.

I have also join Sensory and my house got a purple circle on my street. I guess themuffinman had it on the side where Hooters is? :lol:

The radio update made a HUGE improvement for the EVO - it's still not perfect but it's at the point where I feel it's pretty solid. This update seems to make the EVO hold onto 4G LTE until about -110dBm. Not sure about the old radio because I couldn't get it to connect at all, horrible.

The radio update made a HUGE improvement for the EVO - it's still not perfect but it's at the point where I feel it's pretty solid. This update seems to make the EVO hold onto 4G LTE until about -110dBm. Not sure about the old radio because I couldn't get it to connect at all' date=' horrible.[/quote']

The EVO update feels solid when used on its own. But when used side by side with other LTE devices, you will still notice a huge difference.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

The EVO update feels solid when used on its own. But when used side by side with other LTE devices, you will still notice a huge difference.

You mean between S3 and HTC LTE, the S3 wins?

After 1 day, the radio update as been great compare to previous radio. I want to wait few more days and see if it hang on the LTE more often.

You mean between S3 and HTC LTE' date=' the S3 wins?

After 1 day, the radio update as been great compare to previous radio. I want to wait few more days and see if it hang on the LTE more often.[/quote']

In LTE signal reception, discoverability, and ability to keep a signal...yes. Performance, no.

• Like 1

I have been pleased with the update radio after 1 day.

I have also join Sensory and my house got a purple circle on my street. I guess themuffinman had it on the side where Hooters is? :lol:

Yeah that big area around hooters is all me, all they way down tara blvd to krogers. Try to use sensorly as much as you can so we can get a more accurate map of the area.

Yeah that big area around hooters is all me, all they way down tara blvd to krogers. Try to use sensorly as much as you can so we can get a more accurate map of the area.

I find that Sensorly does not work with the screen off. That is what it said due to Android OS.