Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

Well after looking around on the net i see there is a tower it looks like around 63rd ave west and 14th street west. But until the site op upgrades me i can't check the area of this site which shows if that tower will get LTE or not.

Correct, there are actually two towers there, right next to each other, right behind the gas station on the corner of 14th St. and Florida Blvd. On the second rack of the northern-most tower is Sprint.

I pulled into that site the other day just to check it out and there is a cabinet that appears to be pretty much brand new so there is no reason to believe that tower won't be upgraded. Assuming that new cabinet is a Sprint LTE cabinet then they're probably just waiting on backhaul, RRU's and panels. Towers don't get upgraded all in one shot, it's a project that is spread out over weeks.

The tower that I've been monitoring over 14th Street, behind the donut shop, had RRU's ground mounted over a month ago, I'm pretty sure backhaul has been installed, but as of yet no panels. I can't wait till that one gets finished!

That would be awesome! am curious about the block around sumter, appomattox, north port blvd, and 41.

i live off appomattox in the villas of sabal trace. in laws are in villas of sabal trace phase 2 off north port blvd.

Thanks again. I wish i already had a 4g device. would love to go out mapping. :-)

jc

Had 4g on summter and 41 today lightning fast in my speed test like 25000 down. Didn't make it down towards appamatix though was working

Had 4g on summter and 41 today lightning fast in my speed test like 25000 down. Didn't make it down towards appamatix though was working

That is Awesome. Thank you! I don't like making assumptions....... but I would assume I would have it on appomattox if the signal is that great on Sumter and 41. How far down 41 did you make it? North Port Blvd? Biscayne? Further than that? I will check it out on sensorly tomorrow or later tonight. (Just checked it and didn't see it yet.) let me know when you make it to appomattox. I really can't thank you enough for doing this.

I am wondering what tower this might be. North Port tower or Port Charlotte?

Johnboyinfl

That is Awesome. Thank you! I don't like making assumptions....... but I would assume I would have it on appomattox if the signal is that great on Sumter and 41. How far down 41 did you make it? North Port Blvd? Biscayne? Further than that? I will check it out on sensorly tomorrow or later tonight. (Just checked it and didn't see it yet.) let me know when you make it to appomattox. I really can't thank you enough for doing this.

I am wondering what tower this might be. North Port tower or Port Charlotte?

Johnboyinfl

No problem. . I think it went down to Biscayne. Its definitely a tower in north port not the one by chamberlin listed as active. Sometimes you have to Zoom in and out on sensorly to see it. I also got some signal by river road and 41

No problem. . I think it went down to Biscayne. Its definitely a tower in north port not the one by chamberlin listed as active. Sometimes you have to Zoom in and out on sensorly to see it. I also got some signal by river road and 41

just checked it out on sensorly. thanks again! maybe it is the tower near biscayne. the only other i think i could be is the one by price. Of course, it might be the one on the east side of 75. That one is showing complete for 3G. Maybe it is now 4G complete as well. i am confused as to what tower it might be. this is fun.

i don't have any idea what i am talking about. :-)

johnboyinfl

I was down in Pc yesterday at the cracker barrel and I was getting full service 4g I guess it was coming off of the tower right off of the interstate. This even being in a bigger community I was still getting 19 down and 10 up which is faster then my Internet at home.

New Sprint LTE locations

-------------------------

Palm Bay, Fla.

Port St. Lucie, Fla.

West Palm Beach, Fla.

Albemarle, N.C.

Bloomington, Ind.

Charlotte, N.C.

Contra Costa County, Calif.

Denison, Texas

Greeneville, Tenn.

Joplin, Mo.

Kerrville, Texas

Lafayette, Ind.

Lincolnton, N.C.

Los Angeles

Mankato/North Mankato, Minn.

Memphis, Tenn.

Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Newport News, Va.

Rochelle, Ill.

Salisbury, N.C.

Shelby, N.C.

Tullahoma, Tenn.

Coming in the next few months:

-------------------------------

Orlando, Fla.

Tallahassee, Fla.

Fargo, N.D.

Portland, Ore.

Spokane, Wash.

Albertville, Ala.

Centralia, Wash.

Coeur d’Alene, Idaho

Durant, Okla.

El Paso, Texas

Enid, Okla.

Enterprise/Ozark, Ala.

Eugene/Springfield, Ore.

Faribault/Northfield, Minn.

Greenville, Miss.

Hattiesburg, Miss.

Jacksonville, Texas

Kennewick/Pasco/Richland, Wash.

LaGrange, Ga.

Longview, Texas

Longview, Wash.

Milledgeville, Ga.

Moses Lake, Wash.

Paducah, Ky.

Picayune, Miss.

Poplar Bluff, Mo.

Russellville, Ark.

Seaford, Del.

Sterling, Ill.

Talladega/Sylacauga, Ala.

Tulsa, Okla.

Valdosta, Ga.

Wenatchee/East Wenatchee, Wash.

Yakima, Wash.

Why not finishs something? the towers in Bradenton which way back in OCT were announced are still loagging way behind. I ride by the tower off Florida BLD each day now in Bradenton and it may have some new panels but nothing is being done with it at this time so it will be ages yet before we get 4g lte they talked about back in OCT

Why not finishs something? the towers in Bradenton which way back in OCT were announced are still loagging way behind. I ride by the tower off Florida BLD each day now in Bradenton and it may have some new panels but nothing is being done with it at this time so it will be ages yet before we get 4g lte they talked about back in OCT

Finish something? You say that as if the crews in your market are leaving to go work somewhere else. They are not. Ericsson and Sprint are using local subcontractors who have a contract to work in your market. They are working as fast as they can given the number of qualified workers they can get, how fast they can get permits and many other logistical factors.

Sprint working in other markets has no bearing on what's going on around you. They have local Contractors and subcontractors in those markets doing the work there. The South West Florida market production rate is the highest in Florida right now. Work on recently started and they have made a lot of progress in a short period of time.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

That list is really disapointing. The Naples/Marco Island market is no where to be seen there. Here on Marco Island we never got wimax. I'm seriously doubting we will ever see LTE here. Our 3g speeds are getting worse by the week.

That list is really disapointing. The Naples/Marco Island market is no where to be seen there. Here on Marco Island we never got wimax. I'm seriously doubting we will ever see LTE here. Our 3g speeds are getting worse by the week.

Naples have quite a bit of 4G already. Marco Island I'm not sure about that Naples is pretty covered.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I posted the bradenton permits. Its not sprint your waiting on! The county is holding it up. Permits are applied for. Some over a month ago. They are still sitting there waiting on approval. If you want to complain to someone yell at the county.

I did not see that tower on the permit lists that were posted but i would hope that tower gets on the list :) and i never said they were leaving the area i just do not want them to do like they did with 4G when 4G was coming this way it made it in Tampa and south in Sarasota but never made it here. So again i never said they were leaving i just wish they moved faster and i wish the county who charges us a ton on our bill for service would let those permits go.

I did not see that tower on the permit lists that were posted but i would hope that tower gets on the list :) and i never said they were leaving the area i just do not want them to do like they did with 4G when 4G was coming this way it made it in Tampa and south in Sarasota but never made it here. So again i never said they were leaving i just wish they moved faster and i wish the county who charges us a ton on our bill for service would let those permits go.

There are two permits that have been open for a long time at that location. None of them are closed yet. Meaning it is approved but work is not done.

Permit Number:12081095

Parcel ID:6500605008

Section:23

Township:35S

Range:17E

Zoning/Overlay:GC/NONE/NONE

Flood Zone:X5+

Fire District:Cedar Hammock Fire Dept

Owner:Balon, John J

Address:1507 Florida Blvd

Permit:12081095

*Prime Contractor:CGC1515461--

Mooney, Ronald

Permit Type:Antenn

Application Date:Aug 24, 2012

Issue Date: Sep 27, 2012

Cert. Occupancy or Cert. Completion Date:

Certificate Type:No Certificate Type Found

Declared Value:30000

Source:Tresun

Comments:Ncrqd:Replace Exist Antenna/Sprint/1 Of 2 Antenna 96080394*Setbacks To Be Same As ExistingMbll

Permit Number:12081096

Parcel ID:6500605008

Section:23

Township:35S

Range:17E

Zoning/Overlay:GC/NONE/NONE

Flood Zone:X5+

Fire District:Cedar Hammock Fire Dept

Owner:Balon, John J

Address:1507 Florida Blvd

Permit:12081096

*Prime Contractor:CGC1515461--

Mooney, Ronald

Permit Type:Concrete

Application Date:Aug 24, 2012

Issue Date: Sep 27, 2012

Cert. Occupancy or Cert. Completion Date:

Certificate Type:No Certificate Type Found

Declared Value:30000

Source:Tresun

Comments:Ncrqd:Replace Exist Equipment Cabinet/Sprint/2 Of2*Setbacks To Be Same As ExistingMbll

Marco Island may not be on published Sprint lists, but I assure you that Marco Island Sprint sites are being upgraded to LTE. And there is already some sites live around Naples. It's coming. Stay tuned.

Okay thanks so the permits are opne they just have not done any work there yet with them.I do hope 4g LTE is one of the things they plan on doing sometime with that tower :)

I will take a ride by there late today and see if anything is going on.

Marco Island may not be on published Sprint lists, but I assure you that Marco Island Sprint sites are being upgraded to LTE. And there is already some sites live around Naples. It's coming. Stay tuned.

I know that the 3g speeds in Arcadia were ban then they got better then now they are getting worse. Are they working on the tower here too or is just because the tower is overloaded?

I will take a ride by there late today and see if anything is going on.

I ride past it almost every day and look for changes as i pass it and nothing besides what has been there for awhile now. But hopefully soon.

Thanks for the reply. I try to be patient. Is there somewhere I can see a list of sprint sights where I live. I'm only aware of one cell tower on Marco

Thanks for the reply. I try to be patient. Is there somewhere I can see a list of sprint sights where I live. I'm only aware of one cell tower on Marco

if you become a sponsor here, you have access to those maps. awesome resource.

johnboyinfl