Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

My appointment place just so happens to be in perfect range of one of the 800 sites. Its a water tower site.

Holy S**t that same site is 800 cdma/800 lte also. IS TODAY CHRISTMAS?! I will definitely be reporting all when I leave in a few hours.

• Like 2

I'm just glad that Ericsson is a fan of the Gators. Maybe this means that Florida will see more love soon. Everbank Field definitely needs priority, plus St Augustine needs some love since it's Tebow country.

• Like 1

lol going at 1-2pm to investigate. But it has been accepted with 800 lte :D

If you do get 800 1X or LTE I would like to know the -dBm difference from right outside a building to when you step inside. In building penetration improvement is what I am most excited to see.

Happy 800mhz hunting!

• Like 4

Fingers crossed. I will report

If you do get 800 1X or LTE I would like to know the -dBm difference from right outside a building to when you step inside. In building penetration improvement is what I am most excited to see.

Happy 800mhz hunting!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So far I am exactly 5.2 miles away from this legendary water tower and there is no 800 cdma or 800 lte. I have confirmed that my phone has been scanning for both with no dice. Im going to get closer after my appointment and try again. I roamed on metro with no 800 cdma to save me even though i am 5 miles away. Im starting to think 800 lte will come in clusters meaning houston has the best chance right now

So far I am exactly 5.2 miles away from this legendary water tower and there is no 800 cdma or 800 lte. I have confirmed that my phone has been scanning for both with no dice. Im going to get closer after my appointment and try again. I roamed on metro with no 800 cdma to save me even though i am 5 miles away. Im starting to think 800 lte will come in clusters meaning houston has the best chance right now

What device and PRL are you using?  If it's the G2 are you in 3G mode? 

I was afraid you would say that.....

55017 prl didnt have time to flash the new one. Is there one to get 800 lte?

55017 has LTE enabled.  You won't get 800 CDMA unless you lose PCS signal or force a PRL rescan by hitting Update PRL. 

How do you know there's a ticket open?

Interesting thing is there was no 800 cdma/lte or 1900 lte coming from that tower. I was getting a 117 lte signal from another tower. I'll go back next week and check on it. Very dissapointed though :(

Could also be a CSFB thing which you would have to force LTE only to connect.

I made a Costco run after lunch today. Of course I wasn't able to check email or do anything data-wise while I was there. Totally unusable.

As I got on the overpass to get on JTB, I noticed that there are three cranes at the tower by the FBI building. This location shows up as one tower on the maps, but it looks like there are actually two sets of panels on two separate transmission line towers. They were hoisting equipment up to the platforms.

Heading east, the tower near JTB and Hodges shows activity. They were hoisting new equipment up. At the end of JTB near Marsh Landing, there was a crane and flatbed with equipment last weekend.

It has been a long wait, hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. I hope that they are making further plans in the town center area to handle the high traffic.

The Town Center and Alltel Stadium are two places that you would think Sprint would put a little more effort into. What kind of PR is it to have all of your customers pissed off at you, and all of their friends making note not to switch to Sprint, even if it is cheaper and you have unlimited data?

• Like 2