Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Interesting. That is about what I expected. I was saying in another thread how test drive might actually hurt tmobile. Hey, come try out our amazing shitty network and then write a few articles, post in a few forums, and tell everyone you know that tmobile sucks where you live! 

And its all for free. Most people won't go sign a new contract with a provider, but test drive...can't go wrong with absolutely free and no surprises or tricks.

I honestly think all of the carriers should do this.  It's the best way to identify their core strengths and weaknesses.  But I do agree that some people will point out most of the weaknesses and not give out the strengths enough.

Something I forgot to mention in my original post was my cousins who live in Starke, get Verizon/Sprint LTE.  Did I mention Sprint's LTE there is B26? T-Mobile is no signal and AT&T is Edge.  Judging by the amount of Spectrum available to the carriers, Starke, FL, seems to reflect those maps the best so far.

• Like 2

I honestly think all of the carriers should do this.  It's the best way to identify their core strengths and weaknesses.  But I do agree that some people will point out most of the weaknesses and not give out the strengths enough.

Something I forgot to mention in my original post was my cousins who live in Starke, get Verizon/Sprint LTE.  Did I mention Sprint's LTE there is B26? T-Mobile is no signal and AT&T is Edge.  Judging by the amount of Spectrum available to the carriers, Starke, FL, seems to reflect those maps the best so far.

It's an excellent idea. I would recommend sprint do this when there network is around 80% complete with upgrades. This would be a great way to push sprint spark in spark markets. 

• Like 1

I was thinking about test driving T-Mobile network until I read the article in the T-Mobile thread and watch techno buffalo video and now you assertion with your experience in my market. So I conclude T-Mobile is a no go here. ????????????

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A lot of my family and close friends switched to TMO in the last few months and literally every single one of them hate it. It's funny because we can never get ahold if them and when we do, their calls constantly drop, not to mention sound like total shit. Most are in the Jax market, but some are not.

How anybody can defend TMO and totally diss Sprint is beyond me, especially now that Sprint has B26, 1X800 and B41 as well as B25 active in most places (especially around this market). My service rocks and rivals my Verizon service everywhere.

• Like 6

A lot of my family and close friends switched to TMO in the last few months and literally every single one of them hate it. It's funny because we can never get ahold if them and when we do, their calls constantly drop, not to mention sound like total shit. Most are in the Jax market, but some are not.

How anybody can defend TMO and totally diss Sprint is beyond me, especially now that Sprint has B26, 1X800 and B41 as well as B25 active in most places (especially around this market). My service rocks and rivals my Verizon service everywhere.

Sprint service is straight beast mode now. Especially since band 26 and CDMA 800 is spreading like wild fire. I've been getting little blips of CDMA 800 in clay county where I work. So as soon as its fired up in clay county I'll be completely happy.

• Like 4

I've always found GSM carrier's call quality to be horrible. Anyone who says T-Mobile's voice quality is good (when it isn't HD voice) is flat out lying or doesn't know any better.

• Like 2

Come to think of it. Almost the entire state is now 3G/4g. Aren't we do for a gigantic 1x800 acceptance spree like we had many moons ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would certainly think so!! It's gotta be just around the corner now. It may already be in the process, but the acceptances haven't been reported to Robert yet.

• Like 1

I would certainly think so!! It's gotta be just around the corner now. It may already be in the process, but the acceptances haven't been reported to Robert yet.

1x 800 is active on cr 210. B26 is active too, but power levels are low so it doesn't reach further than B25 does. All it's going yo take is some optimizations then we're set.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

I have been in starke and Att does have hspa+ there. Tmobile was on grps though. Sprint and Verizon have LTE

I honestly think all of the carriers should do this. It's the best way to identify their core strengths and weaknesses. But I do agree that some people will point out most of the weaknesses and not give out the strengths enough.

Something I forgot to mention in my original post was my cousins who live in Starke, get Verizon/Sprint LTE. Did I mention Sprint's LTE there is B26? T-Mobile is no signal and AT&T is Edge. Judging by the amount of Spectrum available to the carriers, Starke, FL, seems to reflect those maps the best so far.

• Like 2

I have been in starke and Att does have hspa+ there. Tmobile was on grps though. Sprint and Verizon have LTE

My cousins live off nw cr 229 in Starke. Outside they have low signal, but inside is a dead zone. They had At&t awhile ago and they had Edge out there. I was basing it off that but things probably could have changed.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Found B26 in Atlantic Beach, although it wasn't very strong. I have no idea what site it was coming from; we were on the beach. Service was terrible on B25 and EVDO was totally dead, despite having a great signal. The beach was packed though, so that doesn't surprise me.

ehy9yma6.jpg

Then tonight we were downtown (where we live) watching the fireworks and B25 and EVDO was totally unusable, but our iPhone 5c worked just fine on B26.

• Like 2

This tells me that band 26 will not be enough and will behave like 3G and band 25 in the near future. We need the fastest deployment the mobile world has ever seen when band 41 equipment hits these towers

Found B26 in Atlantic Beach, although it wasn't very strong. I have no idea what site it was coming from; we were on the beach. Service was terrible on B25 and EVDO was totally dead, despite having a great signal. The beach was packed though, so that doesn't surprise me.

ehy9yma6.jpg

Then tonight we were downtown (where we live) watching the fireworks and B25 and EVDO was totally unusable, but our iPhone 5c worked just fine on B26.

This tells me that band 26 will not be enough and will behave like 3G and band 25 in the near future. We need the fastest deployment the mobile world has ever seen when band 41 equipment hits these towers

Maybe, but only in super high capacity situations like last night. Downtown was packed for the fireworks.

B25 was totally dead, literally. B26 was working just fine, although it was a little slow (2mbps down). I'm not sure about B41 because I didn't have my TriBand hotspot with me and we don't have a TriBand phone.

That being said, that is a total of 2 5x5mhz LTE carriers that were almost swamped last night. B26 was the savior though, because it was still usable for the most part. I'm sure B41 was doing fine, too.

As for the beach earlier yesterday, we had a fringe B25/26 signal. B25 was totally dead as was EVDO, but B26 worked a little but as you can see, it was very fringe and kept falling back to B25 which kept falling back to EVDO (which had a very strong signal). We were at 18th street in Atlantic Beach and there are two nearby sites that would serve that area. Have a look on the site maps to see. One is really close.

I disagree. The sites in that area were trying to support 100x the capacity they should. B26 band b25 will be perfectly fine in normal situations. However, b41 would've definitely held up better against that amount of people. Epcot was so packed, I'm not surprised it couldn't handle the amount of people. I bet tmobile, att, and Verizon were struggling that night.

• Like 2

I doubt Verizon was struggling. They have x LTE over there. My friend mark went there last week and Verizon was 9-15mbps the whole time. I was like wow. You have to remember Verizon is way ahead of Sprint on adding extra capacity for now anyway.

I disagree. The sites in that area were trying to support 100x the capacity they should. B26 band b25 will be perfectly fine in normal situations. However, b41 would've definitely held up better against that amount of people. Epcot was so packed, I'm not surprised it couldn't handle the amount of people. I bet tmobile, att, and Verizon were struggling that night.

I doubt Verizon was struggling. They have x LTE over there. My friend mark went there last week and Verizon was 9-15mbps the whole time. I was like wow. You have to remember Verizon is way ahead of Sprint on adding extra capacity for now anyway.

But when they hit the top end of XLTE capacity, and that bogs... Yeah, good luck with that Big Red.

Speaking of xLTE I haven't seen any work going on but yet Jacksonville is a launched market.

Are their old panels multi mode?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Now this is a good question. UCF in Gville late I was able to pull 90mbps on Verizon but the panels look the same to me.

Speaking of xLTE I haven't seen any work going on but yet Jacksonville is a launched market.

Are their old panels multi mode?

Now this is a good question. UCF in Gville late I was able to pull 90mbps on Verizon but the panels look the same to me.

I wonder if someone here on this forum can answer it. I'm all over Jacksonville almost daily and I haven't seen any vzw work being done and all their equipment looks untouched. I only see tmo and at&t work going on.

I know its not in Ocala. Verizon is the slowest carrier in peak hours

I wonder if someone here on this forum can answer it. I'm all over Jacksonville almost daily and I haven't seen any vzw work being done and all their equipment looks untouched. I only see tmo and at&t work going on.

A couple items for me this past weekend...   I have a Galaxy 5....

1.     I was downtown for the fireworks and got and kept a strong LTE coverage mostly 25.. I popped on my Slingbox and watched the Channel 4 fireworks coverage without a problem on my phone while I watched it live...  The TV coverage wasn't bad with the high views of downtown!!!  

2.    On Sunday morning, I was getting full LTE coverage (B26) inside my brick church on Atlantic near University...  Previously only 3G inside the church though I sometimes picked up LTE outside which is consistent with Sensorly map... I don't get LTE in my neighborhood now north of Merrill and between Townsend and Hartsfield.  I did get it previously but no big deal since the voice works fine and I get WIFI at home..

3.   Where is it expected to B41 coverage to start in JAX and when???  Will it be available to be seen on LTE Discovery???

A couple items for me this past weekend...   I have a Galaxy 5....

1.     I was downtown for the fireworks and got and kept a strong LTE coverage mostly 25.. I popped on my Slingbox and watched the Channel 4 fireworks coverage without a problem on my phone while I watched it live...  The TV coverage wasn't bad with the high views of downtown!!!  

2.    On Sunday morning, I was getting full LTE coverage (B26) inside my brick church on Atlantic near University...  Previously only 3G inside the church though I sometimes picked up LTE outside which is consistent with Sensorly map... I don't get LTE in my neighborhood now north of Merrill and between Townsend and Hartsfield.  I did get it previously but no big deal since the voice works fine and I get WIFI at home..

3.   Where is it expected to B41 coverage to start in JAX and when???  Will it be available to be seen on LTE Discovery???

IIRC, Nokia is starting it's B41 rollout sometime in July when the new 8T8R panels become available.  B41 is already pretty dense in Downtown Jax using old Clearwire Sites. 

3. Where is it expected to B41 coverage to start in JAX and when??? Will it be available to be seen on LTE Discovery???

I haven't heard of anyone having issues with seeing B41 or with B41 alerts on LTE Discovery so you should be able to find it with it. If that isn't the case just shoot me a message and I'll get it fixed.