Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Its all over Florida now coverage is about to skyrocket

That's kinda how it happened over here...well at least at the 1 site I have been to broadcasting b26. I'll take a short drive over to the UCF campus and see what I pick up later. It seems like down tilt needs to be adjusted here. I feel like I should have a much lower dbm at less than a mile away from the site with relatively no obstructions...BUT, it is really good at penetrating buildings even on the higher dbm.

Honestly with the massive amount of towers Verizon and att have I don't think even band 26 can save sprint on being better. Maybe close to matching them though

I look forward to that. I'd love to be able to say I have better coverage than my friends with att and/or verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They need to work on optimizing band 26 before any claims can be made. My band 26 signal is far worse nearly everywhere I go and speeds are half as much as band 25 in St Augustine. It is rather depressing.

• Like 1

Now they're turning on those last single sectors on the towers Broadcasting Spark that I have not been able to utilize, and the most important one to me is the one 2 Blocks from my house that I had not been able to connect to :-)

My local tower on cr 210 has been having problems connecting to LTE on both my GS5 and G2 but my parents Note 2 and S3 are connecting to LTE fine. My device grabbed B26 for a short period at -102 dBm but dropped very quickly. I'm thinking it's an ecsfb issue with B26 but would that mess with my connection to B25?

Edit: turned off b26/b41 in settings and I got a stable LTE connection. Turned them back on, stuck on 3G again.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Now I don't recommend this but I have found that if you run continuous speed test while on band 26 your phone will only switch between band 26 sites. Every site in my city is band 26 and the coverage is good I was tricked because the network will keep you on band 25 sometimes even when band 25 is congested

• Like 1

Now I don't recommend this but I have found that if you run continuous speed test while on band 26 your phone will only switch between band 26 sites. Every site in my city is band 26 and the coverage is good I was tricked because the network will keep you on band 25 sometimes even when band 25 is congested

I will keep that in mind but I don't run speed test anymore. Are you using the new radio to run these test?

My phone normally locks b26 when it detects it and keeps it the rest of the time I'm connected to that site. Last week I was on a bogged down b26 and it actually shunted me over to b25 when I did airplane mode. It was weird because... Well it's b26 lol. I think the issue has since been resolved. Now if only they would adjust the down-tilt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My phone normally locks b26 when it detects it and keeps it the rest of the time I'm connected to that site. Last week I was on a bogged down b26 and it actually shunted me over to b25 when I did airplane mode. It was weird because... Well it's b26 lol. I think the issue has since been resolved. Now if only they would adjust the down-tilt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find myself on b26 a lot myself. I kept my old radio when I updated to 4.4.3 on my nexus so I can have coverage over speed. Maybe later down the line when b26 is more widespread I'll use the new radios.

No LTE here in Tampa also.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Weird. Statewide LTE outage? That doesn't make a lot of sense. Tampa and Jax are on two different MSCs, correct? So it can't be a MSC outage.

Maybe they're adding a second B25 LTE carrier! Wishful thinking.

Weird. Statewide LTE outage? That doesn't make a lot of sense. Tampa and Jax are on two different MSCs, correct? So it can't be a MSC outage.

Maybe they're adding a second B25 LTE carrier! Wishful thinking.

Missouri also another forum member is reporting.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk