Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

HD Voice is still limited to inter-carrier calls, correct?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We have gotten several reports that HD Voice codec to landlines sound very clear and almost HD sounding. Seems like if the switch is fully upgraded to support HD voice, then the quality of the voice when hits the telephone system beyond it is still going to be at least as good as what is on the other end of the connection.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Thats what i was thinking but on the gmo sites around here they dont install new panels they just leave the old ones up then install the ruus and cabinets and call it a day. Plus this is a major site.

Must be a ground mounted site.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Thats what i was thinking but on the gmo sites around here they dont install new panels they just leave the old ones up then install the ruus and cabinets and call it a day. Plus this is a major site.

T-Mobile has the RRUs built into the panels. Maybe those are T-Mobile panels?

Sent from my LG-LS980

T-Mobile has the RRUs built into the panels. Maybe those are T-Mobile panels?

Sent from my LG-LS980

Tmo has rru in Jacksonville. I believe up north they have the built in units.

Sent from my Nexus 5

The tower on 17/Edgewood behind Moonriver pizza is broadcasting LTE and so is the tower on NAS jax along 17

That's great news, I've been looking forward to that, now I can actually use my Phone while having Lunch at Zaxbys!!
  • Like 2

Some of the towers out my way *blanding blvd/old jennings middleburg) are still being worked on, at least according to escalated support (Dan@sprint.com). Not sure what they are doing to them, but some days I have to cycle airplane mode with the phone (GS3) next to the Airave to reconnect on that. It sees just enough signal from a tower to try to connect, only to drop again every 10-15 seconds.

I did get a monthly credit for 6 months due to those issues.

It's good to see that there is some signal work being done, but having it drop every 10-15 seconds is not good for a call, especially since the Airave won't hand off to the towers. I can now carry a call into the neighborhood and to my driveway. I cannot make another call out though unless I connect to the Airave or go down the street a ways.

Here is what it looks like standing on my back porch with the Airave off.

post-3754-0-03279500-1397168765_thumb.pngpost-3754-0-86327500-1397168766_thumb.pngpost-3754-0-55108100-1397168767_thumb.png

I have had it connect to LTE the other night, but as soon as I went into the debug, it dropped back to 3G and LTE was not connected.

Riverside is rocking the LTE now, going down Park st, I no longer drop connection on Milk Music. The signal does drop some around Park and King, but stays strong enough to keep LTE.

Orlando has quite a few 4g only sites. And I don't think I've seen a new site get accepted in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude i think the contractors in Orlando are on vacation or something. There hasnt been any real substantial movement for us in a good month or so. SoFla seems like they are getting all the love nowadays with the acceptances

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk