Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I look forward to not being obsessed with speed tests because I will just know that I am going to have exceptional to amazing and reliable speeds.

That day will come. Hopefully soon this march. Glad to see Gainesville is doing so well over there

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Can't wait for that day. Im slowly backing away from using speed test because it does use unnecessary network resources. Sometimes I wonder how much a COW would be to place in the backyard lol.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Overall I'm satisfied with my sprint service since switching away from HTC devices. If I wouldn't have purchased a Nexus 5. I wouldn't have known sprint has this much LTE coverage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Overall I'm satisfied with my sprint service since switching away from HTC devices. If I wouldn't have purchased a Nexus 5. I wouldn't have known sprint has this much LTE coverage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

After having Evo LTE and a HTC One, I know that exact feeling. Can't believe I gave up the S4 (single band) for a HTC One but thankfully got a G2 at a steal of a deal. Getting LTE a lot more for sure

After having Evo LTE and a HTC One, I know that exact feeling. Can't believe I gave up the S4 (single band) for a HTC One but thankfully got a G2 at a steal of a deal. Getting LTE a lot more for sure

I am in the middle of a triangle of 3 towers that have b41. If I had a triband device, I might be sitting in b41 gold. But just based on my average signal in my apartment which is 0-1 bars, I don't know if b41 would be able to make it over here. :(

edit: such grammar.

I am in the middle of a triangle of 3 towers that have b41. If I had a triband device, I might be sitting in b41 gold. But just based on my average signal in my apartment which is 0-1 bars, I don't know if b41 would be able to make it over here. :(

edit: such grammar.

Don't judge potential B41 signal on your B25 signal. B41 from Clearwire sites have pretty good propagation. I'm actually very surprised by what I'm seeing. It's not nearly as bad as you think and in some places, I have more B41 signal than I do B25, despite having a closer B25 site. Regardless, a marginal B41 signal will usually yield a faster downlink than a decent B25 signal.

• Like 2

I was Downtown yesterday and made my way over to the Stadium, Baseball Grounds and Arena. The amount of B41 coverage in that whole area is awesome, was able to connect to 3 different towers as I made my way around Bay St, A Philip Randolph and even the far Eastern side of the Stadium where all the parking areas are located. I had great service and coverage throughout :-)

• Like 1

Don't judge potential B41 signal on your B25 signal. B41 from Clearwire sites have pretty good propagation. I'm actually very surprised by what I'm seeing. It's not nearly as bad as you think and in some places, I have more B41 signal than I do B25, despite having a closer B25 site. Regardless, a marginal B41 signal will usually yield a faster downlink than a decent B25 signal.

ehhhhh.. it could be better. There's a B41 site less than a quarter mile from my apartment building and it still drops off when I go inside. But I guess that's what I get by choosing to live in an all concrete structure. Positive= no hurricane penetration. Negative= poor TD-LTE signal propagation 

Can't wait for that day. Im slowly backing away from using speed test because it does use unnecessary network resources. Sometimes I wonder how much a COW would be to place in the backyard lol.

I miss the days when I had a Sprint site in my yard. :(

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

ehhhhh.. it could be better. There's a B41 site less than a quarter mile from my apartment building and it still drops off when I go inside. But I guess that's what I get by choosing to live in an all concrete structure. Positive= no hurricane penetration. Negative= poor TD-LTE signal propagation

Maybe that particular site has less downtilt and you're actually a little too close? Obviously, concrete is going to stop a lot of the signal from penetrating your building.

I've seen some weird/amazing things with B41 around Jax. I don't know if beam forming is involved (I thought beam forming was part of NV2.0 on sprint sites) or what, but sometimes I get a better B41 airlink than I do B25, despite having a B25 site closer to me. I've also seen B41 penetrate deep into buildings from a site that's well over a mile away. IMHO, it seems that B41 propagates almost as well as B25, all else being equal (same site distance, downtilt....etc.)

The good news around here is that Clearwire sites are pretty closely spaced, in some places closer spaced than Sprint sites. Once NV2.0 cranks up some B41 on NV sites, we'll really be rockin'. Any remaining holes in LTE coverage from B25 and B41 should be handled with B26 easily.

Any B41 showing up in downtown St Augustine?

We don't even have LTE in downtown St Augustine. The only tower in the entire area that isn't broadcasting LTE just so happens to be the one right near St George Street.

I miss the days when I had a Sprint site in my yard. :(

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I bet. How far away was the tower from your house? Also, was it a very tall rig or short? I ask because sometimes when you're too close to a tower, your airlink suffers, especially if the site is really tall and doesn't have a lot of downtilt. Obviously you know this better than anyone. Lol.

We don't even have LTE in downtown St Augustine. The only tower in the entire area that isn't broadcasting LTE just so happens to be the one right near St George Street.

Yeah, but on Sensorly, it shows that someone has mapped LTE all through downtown St A.

Maybe that particular site has less downtilt and you're actually a little too close? Obviously, concrete is going to stop a lot of the signal from penetrating your building.

I've seen some weird/amazing things with B41 around Jax. I don't know if beam forming is involved (I thought beam forming was part of NV2.0 on sprint sites) or what, but sometimes I get a better B41 airlink than I do B25, despite having a B25 site closer to me. I've also seen B41 penetrate deep into buildings from a site that's well over a mile away. IMHO, it seems that B41 propagates almost as well as B25, all else being equal (same site distance, downtilt....etc.)

The good news around here is that Clearwire sites are pretty closely spaced, in some places closer spaced than Sprint sites. Once NV2.0 cranks up some B41 on NV sites, we'll really be rockin'. Any remaining holes in LTE coverage from B25 and B41 should be handled with B26 easily.

Here is an example of how well my Mega holds onto B41 and I can still browse the Web(I am at Roosevelt and Timuquana Rd, and the tower is back up at San Juan and Roosevelt)

Screenshot_2014-03-11-14-00-34.png

I bet. How far away was the tower from your house? Also, was it a very tall rig or short? I ask because sometimes when you're too close to a tower, your airlink suffers, especially if the site is really tall and doesn't have a lot of downtilt. Obviously you know this better than anyone. Lol.

I was in the shadow of the tower.  If it fell just right, it would have hit my house square.  Sprint was mounted at 100' AGL.  Had a great PCS signal.  Usually between -65 RSSI and -80 RSSI, depending on where in my house I was and what device I was using.  Jug Jug, it was fantastic!

Robert

Not gonna lie Sprints rural 3g and lte coverage is starting to impress me in my area. They just need to finish the actually city limits but on rural coverage so far good job. I thought i was on band 26 how far a tower can reach. Cant imagine how good it will be when 800 voice and lte rolls out.

• Like 3

Oakleaf Village at Brannon Field and Argyle Forest now has solid Lte throughout, that has been a dead zone until now.

• Like 1