Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Ericsson has finally come back to Jacksonville in a good way. Looks like we are getting a lot of upgrades throughout the city. I hope this means 800 is going to light up in a big way soon. I forget, who is managing the band 41 upgrades in our market? I've heard Samsung, but I've also heard that NSN was possibly taking over Ericsson markets, too.

If I remember correctly NSN hasn't started yet, so if there is stuff going active then it is from Samsung.

How is Everbank field and the Prime Osborne Center? I haven't had the chance to test them out yet. LTE is strong as death at the Town Center, though, which is awesome. I couldn't get it to lose the LTE signal even deep inside REI, Best Buy, Petsmart, Ashley and Ted's. I just had that weird issue twice now where it won't switch back to CDMA to make/accept calls and texts.

The OP Mall needed that upgrade bad. I'm glad to see the congested areas in JAX get upgraded.

Town Center - Check

Orange Park Mall - Check

Avenues Mall - Still pending

The 3G is unbearably slow on that Bank of America building just north of the Avenues. I'm starting to think 4G will turn on at any moment.

Sent from my LG-LS980

The 3G is unbearably slow on that Bank of America building just north of the Avenues. I'm starting to think 4G will turn on at any moment.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I know it was so bad when I was there last week.

How is Everbank field and the Prime Osborne Center? I haven't had the chance to test them out yet. LTE is strong as death at the Town Center, though, which is awesome. I couldn't get it to lose the LTE signal even deep inside REI, Best Buy, Petsmart, Ashley and Ted's. I just had that weird issue twice now where it won't switch back to CDMA to make/accept calls and texts.

I went to the Jags Game last Sunday and speeds were ok 2.5 down/ 1 up. Definitely usable

Went to the town center last night and in the Microsoft store they have Nokia Windows phones on display with AT&T Sim cards in them. I did a speed test on my HTC one and on the Nokia.

Sprint was 9.47 Mbps down

AT&T was 4.07 Mbps down

And the Nokia had full bars of LTE, I had like 2

I was very impressed!

• Like 4

Went to the town center last night and in the Microsoft store they have Nokia Windows phones on display with AT&T Sim cards in them. I did a speed test on my HTC one and on the Nokia.

Sprint was 9.47 Mbps down

AT&T was 4.07 Mbps down

And the Nokia had full bars of LTE, I had like 2

I was very impressed!

Nice

• Like 1

LTE at Everbank has gotten better and better...   I was able to use my sling app on my phone to watch the game going on inside on 12/22 and it was smooth as silk...  I am able to access WIFI there from the club and the LTE speed was about the same on my phone...  G-S3 LTE...

normally I do. I don't know why I didn't this time. Its in Ocala it was a site with 6 sectors and 2 different cabinets. So basically two towers on one site.

Ah I think you have mentioned this site before.  I still think this site is kind of odd.

Mapped a bunch of >50Mb Speedtests on Sensorly in North and West Jax Yesterday.

It looks like Sprint's New Year's resolution is to rock Florida with some badass LTE.

• Like 2

What site did we think was spreading the LTE love in TC? Was by the FBI office and didn't get any signal there so I don't think its that site. I am enjoying full bars of LTE in Panera right now though! Its completely awesome; this area really needed it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was at the Avenues and data was so ridiculous that it took 20 minutes to load my gmail account. On the upside, I saw a little more LTE on i95 and it was really strong along Old St Augustine road when I stopped for gas and some Tijuana Flats.

I was at the Avenues and data was so ridiculous that it took 20 minutes to load my gmail account. On the upside, I saw a little more LTE on i95 and it was really strong along Old St Augustine road when I stopped for gas and some Tijuana Flats.

I spent a lot of time on I-95 and I-4 over the past month and the LTE along there has been really good.  I seemed to be on LTE every time I looked at my phone. 

I spent a lot of time on I-95 and I-4 over the past month and the LTE along there has been really good. I seemed to be on LTE every time I looked at my phone.

I agree. I just made this drive today and my service was great, until I got close to Orlando. Then my LTE started to suck. I was not really impressed with LTE in Orlando. Everywhere I went, I didn't have a good signal or no LTE at all. What I did get was no more than 5 Mbps. I had to use the hotels wifi because I had no LTE and my 3G was barely usable.

Jacksonville is much better.