Evo LTE battery drain

InTheRough

What can be expected for battery drain when LTE becomes available? The WiMax on my OG Evo was really bad.

Has anybody had enough signal yet to determine how it compares to being on 3G only or wireless only?

It has gotten a LOT better than early LTE and night and day over WiMax.

• Like 1

What can be expected for battery drain when LTE becomes available? The WiMax on my OG Evo was really bad.

Has anybody had enough signal yet to determine how it compares to being on 3G only or wireless only?

The big problem with the og evo was the fact that there was a separate wimax chip, the evolte and gs3 have the new s4 krait which has lte built in which means nothing else additional to suck the life out of the battery. Now naturally there will be a slight hit in battery performance but nothing on the level of what we saw in the og evo. Also, a few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to ride some lte waves for a few days and the difference in battery life from what I could tell wasn't that big of a deal.

• Like 1

The big problem with the og evo was the fact that there was a separate wimax chip, the evolte and gs3 have the new s4 krait which has lte built in which means nothing else additional to suck the life out of the battery. Now naturally there will be a slight hit in battery performance but nothing on the level of what we saw in the og evo. Also, a few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to ride some lte waves for a few days and the difference in battery life from what I could tell wasn't that big of a deal.

Was hoping you'd chime in on this one. Thanks!

• Like 1

Did you have good signal levels most of the time? Any times when it was flipping in/out of LTE?

The particular tower that I was connecting too is about a 1000 feet from my house so yeah, I had full bars for the most part. As far as going in and out of lte, there is a possibility that there are connectivity issues with the evolte that may cause it to lose lte connectivity that a software update should fix but even with minimal issues battery life was better than expected.

• Like 1

The particular tower that I was connecting too is about a 1000 feet from my house so yeah, I had full bars for the most part. As far as going in and out of lte, there is a possibility that there are connectivity issues with the evolte that may cause it to lose lte connectivity that a software update should fix but even with minimal issues battery life was better than expected.

So they have blocked the tower near you?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My EVO went 14 hours before I plugged it back in the charger. It had 20% battery left. Most was on the internet, and a few phone calls.

Sweet!!

• Like 2

My EVO went 14 hours before I plugged it back in the charger. It had 20% battery left. Most was on the internet, and a few phone calls.

Sweet!!

That matches what I normally get.

• 1 month later...

I always get a full day on my EVO LTE no mater how much I use it and most days I get two! Sometimes if I have less phone calls I can pull three days out of it! The iPhone 5 has crappy battery life as my cousin has one and get like 6-7 hours max and she constantly has to charge it at work!