Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

On 9/12/2024 at 10:58 AM, cooltech6597 said:

Unfortunately Tmo still cuts out quite a bit on 530, and Tmo is missing on the North Cascades site in the park. VZ added onto the Tmo site in Marblemount with cband recently, and it seems tonperform better than Tmo speedwise because of backhaul. Hopefully Tmo will start filling in their gaps around that area!

T-Mobile is planning on colocating on the Newhalem site that AT&T and VZW are on as well as the site in Trafton. There are no finalized plans to address the coverage gap west and north of Darrington, although it’s being looked at. 

It would be nice to see them build out at Lake Cavanaugh too, but no plans to do that yet as far as I’m aware. 

12 hours ago, RAvirani said:

T-Mobile is planning on colocating on the Newhalem site that AT&T and VZW are on as well as the site in Trafton. There are no finalized plans to address the coverage gap west and north of Darrington, although it’s being looked at. 

It would be nice to see them build out at Lake Cavanaugh too, but no plans to do that yet as far as I’m aware. 

That's really nice to hear--seems like this is the trend nationwide in general. Lots of new collocations planned around rural MI and OH from what I've seen in from the American Tower site portal. Also, the Att site around Greenwater WA got a new Tmo collocations (no n41) but wasn't online when I was around that area.

Btw, how are you able to get information on collocations plans? Are there permits available in those areas?

30 minutes ago, cooltech6597 said:

That's really nice to hear--seems like this is the trend nationwide in general. Lots of new collocations planned around rural MI and OH from what I've seen in from the American Tower site portal. Also, the Att site around Greenwater WA got a new Tmo collocations (no n41) but wasn't online when I was around that area.

Yup—the current plan is to go with the AT&T site in Greenwater and the Verizon site atop Grass Mountain, although there have been so many problems getting the tower physically built and backhauled that the AT&T site south of 410 is looking like a candidate. 

32 minutes ago, cooltech6597 said:

Btw, how are you able to get information on collocations plans? Are there permits available in those areas?

I do some work in the industry; there is a lot a can’t share but some that I can :). Permits are a good way to track movement; although permitting happens only very late in the process. 

• Like 3

On 9/15/2024 at 8:38 AM, RAvirani said:

Yup—the current plan is to go with the AT&T site in Greenwater and the Verizon site atop Grass Mountain, although there have been so many problems getting the tower physically built and backhauled that the AT&T site south of 410 is looking like a candidate. 

I do some work in the industry; there is a lot a can’t share but some that I can :). Permits are a good way to track movement; although permitting happens only very late in the process. 

Thanks for sharing the details that you CAN share.