Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

Thanks and yea 3G it's better on the boulder and Nellis a work by it n my speeds are great and Same here can wait for lte do u know any area on Vegas it's already on

Yes, up on North Jones and the 215 near US 95.

Thanks hope fully I have time to go check it up soon. I only have lte ones on my phone n it was in Los Angeles near union station great speeds

We have one Serving Cell (197), so we need the other 2. But since you have an iPhone, both Serving Cell ID's, physical and hex. Get screenshots to share.

Never used it before, but I will grab that info when I am coming back from a corporate challenge event up way north on Decatur tomorrow.

Oh your company participates in Corporate Challenge too? Lol, my company always tried to recruit me to sign up for some events. After three or four years of me saying no to everything they finally gave up. :lol:

I see why your Sensorly speed test was way off on ping. It's using an Amazon server in Northern California.

Even still, unless there's a really serious problem with that server I would think that the ping would be under 5 seconds! :o

Even still, unless there's a really serious problem with that server I would think that the ping would be under 5 seconds! :o

It's an Amazon based server. That's the problem, lol. :lol:

• Like 1

Your other serving cells are 28 & 366 :rolleyes:

Thanks! I should have remembered that from everywhere else, but I'm just too tired lately. Now to just get the hex id's and then we are done with the first tower. :)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I should have remembered that from everywhere else, but I'm just too tired lately. Now to just get the hex id's and then we are done with the first tower. :)

That's what other members are for, get some sleep!

That's what other members are for, get some sleep!

Sleep? What's that? Between school, work, and this, I'm not getting much lately. I don't want to slack off on my duties here with the Vegas permit map. I've already started missing permits here and there. :/

• Like 1

Sitting under 4G LTE in the parking lot of the Crossroads Station Post Office at Jones and the North 215 this morning... Outstanding! (4G LTE signal started showing up by the time I passed Rainbow while heading East on the 215.) Screenshots taken from a Galaxy S3, stock rooted & stripped (MB1) ROM. SpeedTest downloads in excess of 21.5Mb/s, uploads in excess of 6.5Mb/s, ping averaging 65ms.

Sweet! :-)

Cheers,

VegasRooted

post-11453-0-59106500-1367163260_thumb.png

post-11453-0-83526600-1367163277_thumb.png

• Like 4

Sitting under 4G LTE in the parking lot of the Crossroads Station Post Office at Jones and the North 215 this morning... Outstanding! (4G LTE signal started showing up by the time I passed Rainbow while heading East on the 215.) Screenshots taken from a Galaxy S3, stock rooted & stripped (MB1) ROM. SpeedTest downloads in excess of 21.5Mb/s, uploads in excess of 6.5Mb/s, ping averaging 65ms.

Sweet! :-)

Cheers,

VegasRooted

Hey guys, new vegas tech lover here!

I was wondering if the location you spoke of was this area?

post-15161-0-26390400-1367163876_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, new vegas tech lover here!

I was wondering if the location you spoke of was this area?

No, but if you follow Jones heading north from the spot marked on your map, it will be where Jones intersects with the 215 North beltway. (Past Ann Road)

• Like 1

Here is the intersection you are looking for...

I feel like that church is going to get bombarded by tons of Sprint customers when everyone realizes that they have the only Sprint LTE signal in the valley, lol. Hopefully they don't get too suspicious.

• Like 1

I feel like that church is going to get bombarded by tons of Sprint customers when everyone realizes that they have the only Sprint LTE signal in the valley, lol. Hopefully they don't get too suspicious.

Yes indeed! The Post Office parking lot too, and that place is already crowded enough as it is! Hahaha :-D

• Like 1

That church has a school. I wouldn't be surprised if they called Metro complaining that some geeks keep cruising their playgrounds. When in reality, they're actually cruising the adjacent cell tower.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

That church has a school. I wouldn't be surprised if they called Metro complaining that some geeks keep cruising their playgrounds. When in reality, they're actually cruising the adjacent cell tower.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. That wouldn't be good.

Long time lurker on this site finally had to sign-up to see the progress over the Valley on LTE deployment. Getting ready to buy some LTE phones and what to make sure I'm not thowing money away if LTE is not available. Thanks for all the info guys.

• Like 1

Long time lurker on this site finally had to sign-up to see the progress over the Valley on LTE deployment. Getting ready to buy some LTE phones and what to make sure I'm not thowing money away if LTE is not available. Thanks for all the info guys.

Welcome to S4GRU. As of right now, we know of one tower broadcasting LTE. There could be others, but there aren't enough of us running around to find them. The one that is active has been talked about up above you in this thread.

Welcome. After you've had a chance to get the lay of the land around S4GRU, you should consider becoming a sponsor. You will get access to Sprint site maps, including maps of sites that have been upgraded.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

I hope to see you around. :welc:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I thought others said the 169 serving cell offset was found to be only an Ericsson thing?

Sent from my little Note2

That's why I'm waiting for someone to take pictures of all the serving cells, so we have confirmation if its limited to Ericsson or not.