Sprint LTE June 2012 Schedule Maps

How far away are you from your closest cell tower, you can find out this information with Netmonitor.

.. unless it is one of those base stations that squawk coordinates that are not the actual location, but rather are programmed to be offset out some distance -- perhaps miles away -- for each sector. Netmonitor and some other utilities, such as CDMA Field Test, read these values from the Android API, which gets them from the base stations' broadcast. We don't know why this is the way it is, but Sprint's inconsistent programming of these coordinates on different base stations can confuse such utilities.

How soon can we get some updated info as for LTE coverage in Los Angeles Area? Last post I seen was last month about coming soon, just excited to have LTE instead of Wimax, Thanks for the Site/forum very helpful :))

Hopefully Sprint 4G LTE turns on in September as scheduled for the Chicago area. I am getting really impatient with Sprint's progress on the matter. Was told by Sprint it upgrades would be done by the end of April... end of June... sometime in September. They are really going to start losing customers. Verizon 4G LTE is already in our area; ATT 4G is in our area; Sprint 4G and LTE are NOT in our area.

:(:(:(:(:(

AJ i just like it when we start a new month thread thats it. like for May to June

The first rule of the July map is: You do not ask about the July map.

The second rule of the July map is: You do NOT ask about the July map.

AJ

• Like 3

Ill i'm saying is i like the monthly threads.

Keep asking and I will create the "July Kevster1321 menstruation" thread where we take guess what day you menstruate.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 3

Why are places like Puerto Rico and Ft Wayne scheduled for LTE and NV before a large very competitive market like Cincinnati.

Likely two reasons. Number one is backhaul. Sprint awarded backhaul contracts to dozens of successful bidders around the country. Some are able to start backhaul right away. Others have to establish a lot of infrastructure work in advance. This is the biggest factor in establishing an order.

The second reason is WiMax availability. In Second Round markets, there appears be some push for larger markets that never received WiMax at all. Even though many Americans slight Puerto Rico as being some small isolated place, they have nearly 4 Million people in their market. It is not like it is Minot, North Dakota. San Juan is a major U.S. city and it never received WiMax.

There has to be a deployment order. And there are going to be people happy and unhappy with the deployment order. I think that where Cincinnati fits in deployment order makes sense to everyone, except for possible Cincinnatians.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

So i'm looking at some of the second round market completion dates and see that some are in August 2013. I'm starting to get nerves that they will not meet there goals for NV. I know i'm looking to far in the future but can you tell me when 3rd round should start. GO SPRINT!!!!!

So i'm looking at some of the second round market completion dates and see that some are in August 2013. I'm starting to get nerves that they will not meet there goals for NV. I know i'm looking to far in the future but can you tell me when 3rd round should start. GO SPRINT!!!!!

The 3rd Round of NV starts around December/January. But markets take 8 to 13 months to complete. 2013 markets are smaller on the whole and will take much less time to complete. And NV is not supposed to be complete by the end of 2013. However, the final markets are supposed to be started before the end of 2013. NV should be completing around April/May 2014.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Likely two reasons. Number one is backhaul. Sprint awarded backhaul contracts to dozens of successful bidders around the country. Some are able to start backhaul right away. Others have to establish a lot of infrastructure work in advance. This is the biggest factor in establishing an order.

No idea if it was for sprint but when I was in the USVI at the end of May I saw the local internet co stringing a lot of new fiber. It made me wonder if it was for Sprint.

• Like 1

No idea if it was for sprint but when I was in the USVI at the end of May I saw the local internet co stringing a lot of new fiber. It made me wonder if it was for Sprint.

Really? I am in the USVI as I type this. Can you tell me where you saw this?

I drove up to lone site in Palm Beach County - Florida and saw no indications that LTE was active at the site. I took a few pictures of what the tower looked like in case anyone might be interested. I was only able to do a speed test on 3G. The best I got was 386kbps DL / 725 kbps UL Ping Time 135ms.

IMG_20120708_145634.jpg

IMG_20120708_145417.jpg

IMG_20120708_145307.jpg

IMG_20120708_145248.jpg

IMG_20120708_145230.jpg

IMG_20120708_145227.jpg

IMG_20120708_145120.jpg

Really? I am in the USVI as I type this. Can you tell me where you saw this?

The two places I remember specifically: route 30 by the race track and on the corner of Kanal Gade/Norre Gade.

It was this company doing the work:

http://www.innovativevi.net

Press release:

http://www.innovativ...ion_Updates.pdf

Dunno if they are the AAV or not for sprint but they sure were stringing a lot of fiber. Considering that the Airport just got fiber... I suppose these guys are the only game in town for fiber backhaul. I am very curious how much Sprint was driving them to speed up deploying fiber.