Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

So is LTE on up there now or just small area's?

It's not activated in all of Tulare it's just mainly around Loves gasoline station as mentioned by

I've seen them working on them for the last 5 months, They usually only take a day or two from what I've seen. Yesterday I seen more antennas go up by Loves looked liked sprint to me :)

It's not activated in all of Tulare it's just mainly around Loves gasoline station as mentioned by

I'm going to take a cruise over there hopefully I can connect to it. At my house I can only connect to the tower by the Tulare St exit off the 99

Very nice. The sucky thing is that, based on your location, you're probably being served by a stealth tower. Can't go check it for updates...

http://www.antennasearch.com/sitestart.asp?sourcepagename=antennachecktowerreview&getpagename=pgtowerdetail_faa&cmdrequest=getpage&ipos=1&faa_study_number=2004-AWP-5536-OE

I'm pretty sure this is the sprint tower signal that I'm getting. It's a stealth site as you said it's actually a giant cross in front of the church, and based off of the tower information is owned by Ubiquitel, which was purchased by sprint back in 2006. As I mentioned, I've always had really good Sprint coverage around here even during peak times (typically 1 meg minimum). The one thing that I've noticed a drastic improvement on lately has been the latency usually being in the 70-100ms range. 

Being that this is probably never going to be a Network Vision site that will be upgraded any time soon, does that also mean that I won't get LTE coverage for a long time as a result? I'm not sure how stealth sites play into network vision, but if that's true I'd be pretty sad (even though I use WIFI at home, it'd be nice to have for when I"m out and about in the neighborhood walking the dog. 

attachicon.gifimage.jpg here's a sc if I put it right

How close are you to 99? I'll be driving down through the area this morning on my way to Shafter for work.

It takes a few days for the equipment itself to be installed, but it will still have paperwork and inspections to go through, too. I'm not sure of the time frame that Tulare and Visalia look at between completion of installation and acceptance. Perhaps MacinJosh can chime in when he can...

And as Oedipus said, July was when they got the 1st 2 of the 4 Sprint sites in the City of Visalia done. A third one has an issued permit, but as of 1 1/2 weeks ago, it wasn't done. That may have changed. Things are much different in my life right now, and I haven't had the time to drive my the site and look yet.

How close are you to 99? I'll be driving down through the area this morning on my way to Shafter for work.

Sorry for the late response and yea I'm close to the freeway and the tower is almost right behind loves which is next to the 99

Edited by Roxas13ven25

I've been following this for a while now but decided to finally comment because I found LTE in Fresno, CA! Not sure how long it's been there but I haven't heard anybody mention it so I thought I'd bring it up!

Looks like a site was accepted in Firebaugh just in the last couple of days. 

• Like 1

Sorry for the late response and yea I'm close to the freeway and the tower is almost right behind loves which is next to the 99

No, that's not where it is. The site in question is on the east side of the 99. It wasn't even in progress when I checked it out about 2 months ago.

No, that's not where it is. The site in question is on the east side of the 99. It wasn't even in progress when I checked it out about 2 months ago.

Your right you can see it on my screen shot it looks like it's by the ag center

I was near mission oak high school in Tulare about 2 miles west of it and picked up lte I didn't get a speed test because I had bought a car and was to busy to stay in the area I screen shot my lock page I will post the link tomorrow from Dropbox

I was near mission oak high school in Tulare about 2 miles west of it and picked up lte I didn't get a speed test because I had bought a car and was to busy to stay in the area I screen shot my lock page I will post the link tomorrow from Dropbox