Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Right!! Yesterday weather was fine for the show, I am sure you were listening to wbbm also. They said it was only the 3rd time it has happen in the 70 years the show has been going on

Of course I was listening. I was so proud to have nextradio playing real time fm radio without a data stream. It was perfect yesterday, but I got off work at 6am. Meh.

my report from the air and water- I was mostly on band 25(at oak street beach), I went to the second carrier a few times and was on band 26 a few times too. regular and second carrier didn't get much over a few mbps, band 26 was 5-6 mbps the few times I speed tested it. Over all I was able to get on twitter and do everything I wanted, with how many people were there and no band 41. It wasn't to bad, I really wanted band 41 too. Next year there will be though :)

my report from the air and water- I was mostly on band 25(at oak street beach), I went to the second carrier a few times and was on band 26 a few times too. regular and second carrier didn't get much over a few mbps, band 26 was 5-6 mbps the few times I speed tested it. Over all I was able to get on twitter and do everything I wanted, with how many people were there and no band 41. It wasn't to bad, I really wanted band 41 too. Next year there will be though :)

I was also pretty satisfied considering the circumstances. There were times where 25/26 were simultaneously hammered and websites timed out. I never saw the second pcs carrier on north ave beach, but I got it on lsd right next to oak st beach which makes sense because that and 26 are pretty much everywhere in Chicago now. I don't think the cow that I was connected to all day was supporting 3 5x5's (maybe a microwave bandwidth constraint on their cow)?

The short hops that would be required could easily have been 60 GHz. Just a few grand and you have a 1 gigabit link.

So for the guy who doesn't know what that means--it could or could not have handled all 3 5x5's?

So with the COWs along with the regular cell coverage for this area on Lakeshore Dr, how would Sprint have handled the interference of the extra LTE/CDMA signals right in the same area? ....

... noting that LTE/CDMA are single frequency technologies with a frequency reuse factor of 1 which requires carefully managing adjacent overlap areas to minimize interference so as to not significantly impact capacity.

1bb909940c2fdffc64ccc724199a731f.jpg

Were cruising along at State and Monroe - rush hour on the second carrier.

87e94a8d37e34f07fc54b17daa075ac6.jpg

Not as fast at Canal & Monroe on the second carrier. I've been running a lot of speedtests and this is about what I've been averaging just over 1 Mbps.

They're doing something funky around here in the North/Northwest burbs. I finally get the second carrier at home, and the original carrier has been giving me 300 ms pings and sub 1mbps speeds. Second carrier and B26 are performing like usual. Fingers crossed for some optimization!

• Like 1

They're doing something funky around here in the North/Northwest burbs. I finally get the second carrier at home, and the original carrier has been giving me 300 ms pings and sub 1mbps speeds. Second carrier and B26 are performing like usual. Fingers crossed for some optimization!

The 2nd carrier seems to have suddenly popped up all over the far Northwest. B26, not so much. Still, it's progress.

• Like 1

To me, this sounds like a bad carrier card on the original B25 carrier or a mistake in setting up the backhaul appropriation when bringing on the additional carriers. No reason for disparate traffic levels on two B25 carriers.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I have been noticing an increase of switching over to band 26 while sitting still, and occasionally while driving in places where that never happened before. Mostly in the city, not so much in the burbs. This has been happening since Monday.

The 2nd carrier seems to have suddenly popped up all over the far Northwest. B26, not so much. Still, it's progress.

Can you remind me how you know you are on a second carrier of B25?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can you remind me how you know you are on a second carrier of B25?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On an android with signal check: your cgi will end in 03/04/05

On an iPhone field test or android engineering screen, your upload/download frequencies will be 26315/8315