Sprint 3xCA ?

I have been trying to find information on this issue on the internet and I cannot seem to find any.

1. I have a Google Nexus 5x which is 2xCA capable, it is possible that this device is 3xCA capable with a software upgrade? 

2. How can I determine if I am on just Band 41 or 2xCA ? I've been using signal check to see the Band I'm connect to, but I cannot find a way to determine 2xCA connection.

Thanks

I have been trying to find information on this issue on the internet and I cannot seem to find any.

1. I have a Google Nexus 5x which is 2xCA capable, it is possible that this device is 3xCA capable with a software upgrade?

2. How can I determine if I am on just Band 41 or 2xCA ? I've been using signal check to see the Band I'm connect to, but I cannot find a way to determine 2xCA connection.

Thanks

I don't think there is a way tell on that phone. On Sprint branded phones there is service mode

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Thanks

1. No, it cannot be updated to support 3xCA. 

2. I do not know how reliable the engineering screen is, but if you dial ##DEBUG# and then click on LTE, it will show you the band that you are connected to as well as the download channel. If you are connected to 2xCA, the SCC (secondary channel) field will be filled in as well. 

• Like 1

1. No, it cannot be updated to support 3xCA. 

2. I do not know how reliable the engineering screen is, but if you dial ##DEBUG# and then click on LTE, it will show you the band that you are connected to as well as the download channel. If you are connected to 2xCA, the SCC (secondary channel) field will be filled in as well. 

Hi Dkoellerwx-

The DEBUG code worked. When I tried it there was nothing in the SCC area, but I will use signal check and take a look next time it is connected to Band 41. Right now it's on 25.

This is also another question, I found this link:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-391-psa-carrier-aggregation-now-officially-live/

So the 2xCA uses 2 Band 41 at the same time to increase speeds (or 3xCA with newer phones) ? I know the end result is faster speeds, but I'm having a hard time specifically understanding how it works. I actually asked some Sprint employees last time I was in the store as a long shot, but they don't know what I was talking about.

• Like 2

Hi Dkoellerwx-

The DEBUG code worked. When I tried it there was nothing in the SCC area, but I will use signal check and take a look next time it is connected to Band 41. Right now it's on 25.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-391-psa-carrier-aggregation-now-officially-live/

So the 2xCA uses 2 Band 41 at the same time to increase speeds (or 3xCA with newer phones) ? I know the end result is faster speeds, but I'm having a hard time specifically understanding how it works. I actually asked some Sprint employees last time I was in the store as a long shot, but they don't know what I was talking about.

2xCA essentially aggregates two adjacent 20mhz LTE carriers to provide higher peak speeds. Think of 2xCA as sending your data over a pipe twice as wide as regular B41.

• Like 1

Hi Dkoellerwx-

dc02a57827b66b2f16003bc466e0dd46.jpg here's a example of a speed test I got from 2xca

• Like 4

That's incredible. I'll have to try it out sometime. I used to have a Nexus 6 which only had access to Band 41. Even here in California I'd still only get around the 20s down, before with an old Galaxy S4, I'd get 8s down. I have noticed my Nexus 5X is getting better reception indoors and is less sluggish than my Nexus 6 :)

dc02a57827b66b2f16003bc466e0dd46.jpg here's a example of a speed test I got from 2xca

That's incredible. I'll have to try it out sometime. I used to have a Nexus 6 which only had access to Band 41. Even here in California I'd still only get around the 20s down, before with an old Galaxy S4, I'd get 8s down. I have noticed my Nexus 5X is getting better reception indoors and is less sluggish than my Nexus 6 :)

What part of California? Parts of California mostly LA have seen small cells Deployed.

What part of California? Parts of California mostly LA have seen small cells Deployed.

I've been experimenting so far the past day, I've been primarily in Orange County although I work in LA County. It appears that a few times it was connected to 2xCA, but the speeds have been around the 30s down. Certainly faster than standard Band 41, but not the 100 mbps that you were getting. I also forgot, but I read something awhile back where there is a limitation due to an interference with Mexico, like similar bands being used or something to that extent. I don't remember what the issue was specifically, but I thought it was competing bands with Mexico and far southern CA.

Maybe it's the Band 26 ? I almost never seen Band 26, just 41 and 25 unless I go to Los Angeles or north which I typically don't go unless needed.

Edited by mikeprius

Maybe it's the Band 26 ? I almost never seen Band 26, just 41 and 25 unless I go to Los Angeles or north which I typically don't go unless needed.

It is Band 26. There are several (rather lengthy) threads in the forums documenting the International Border Exclusion Zone (IBEZ) where Band 26 and 1x800 is restricted. 

It is Band 26. There are several (rather lengthy) threads in the forums documenting the International Border Exclusion Zone (IBEZ) where Band 26 and 1x800 is restricted. 

Thanks that's what I thought it was. I'll have to take a look at the threads. Last I recall reading which was awhile ago, was that the US Secretary of State John Kerry was trying to working something out with Mexico, or something to that extent, although maybe not anymore.

I also recall it affected anything south of LA which would include OC where I reside.

Do we have any new news for band 26 in SoCal yet ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually Qualcomm stated that the Snapdragon 808/810, so long as it has a particular sister chip can do 3xCA.  Most phones come with the required sister chip. 

IIRC the only thing is that two channels have to be adjacent for it to support 3xCA.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2015/04/27/snapdragon-processors-x10-lte-put-tomorrows-connectivity-hand

Fresh off the press

3x CA to be enable on some handset early 2017

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprints-secret-booster-will-make-your-high-end-handset-run-faster_id88990

Not sure how accurate that is...it seems to state that Sprint will be doing B26/B25/B41 aggregation which I do not believe there are any plans for at this time.

Internally they told us s7/s7 edge get 3x on jan 11

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LG G5 and v20?  (there is already an update in queue for the v20, but no one has it.  Perhaps that is it? or is this something done through profile updates?)

Thanks