Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

2013-03-31%2018.57.01.jpg

I don't know if its anything do to NV upgrades but 2 white AT&T pickup trucks were parked at the We buy ugly house billboard site.

I think I saw a 3 from another company leaving as I passed on I-70. I came back on the frontage road and the guys were just chatting from one pickup to the other. There was a green bag on the ground by the padlock to get in it. I Came on home and I think I saw the 3rd pickup truck headed back there. I wonder if he forgot his keys. Think it could be AT &T with backhaul work?

By the way, I have figured out why St. Louis lags behind in Network Vision deployment. God is angry with you because you allowed Noah's Ark, a sacred artifact and one of the great I-70 roadside attractions, to be destroyed.

AJ

• Like 1

By the way' date=' I have figured out why St. Louis lags behind in Network Vision deployment. God is angry with you because you allowed Noah's Ark, a sacred artifact and one of the great I-70 roadside attractions, to be destroyed.

AJ[/quote']

Lol I know what your talking about, wonder what would happen if they take the cross down in Effingham,il??

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Lol I know what your talking about, wonder what would happen if they take the cross down in Effingham,il??

Hmm, I do not recall the cross in Effingham. Is it along I-70? But I am familiar with some frickin' huge crosses in Edmond, OK along I-35 and Groom, TX along I-40. Robert may know the latter.

AJ

• Like 1

Hmm' date=' I do not recall the cross in Effingham. Is it along I-70? But I am familiar with some frickin' huge crosses in Edmond, OK along I-35 and Groom, TX along I-40. Robert may know the latter.

AJ[/quote']

Yea south side just before you get to town going east

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

Yea south side just before you get to town going east

I see it from satellite view. It looks just like the giant cross in the Texas Panhandle.

AJ

The Effingham cross manages to creep me out to this day. It just pops up so suddenly when going north on 57 (or east on 70, they're the same highway around Effingham.) The cross there was placed strategically to say the least.

The Effingham cross manages to creep me out to this day. It just pops up so suddenly when going north on 57 (or east on 70, they're the same highway around Effingham.) The cross there was placed strategically to say the least.

They like those crosses by the interstate here as well ;)http://goo.gl/maps/lY9j2

Saw workers on tower at 55 and Bayless in ST louis this afternoon, might be sprint might not, buy I'm sure someone on here has a way of finding out .

Also I'm a sales rep and I cover all of saint Louis so if someone ever wants me to check a location they can messaged and i can take a look while I'm in the area.

-shakelford

Saw workers on tower at 55 and Bayless in ST louis this afternoon, might be sprint might not, buy I'm sure someone on here has a way of finding out .

Also I'm a sales rep and I cover all of saint Louis so if someone ever wants me to check a location they can messaged and i can take a look while I'm in the area.

-shakelford

I don't think Sprint has a tower within a mile of Bayless on I 55. There is one about 3/4 of a mile South in Oakdale cemetery.

Same here. Get to see it every time i go back home there. Luckily it was built after i left.

This week I've seen workers around the tower in St. Louis at Flushing Meadows Dr and Des Peres Rd in West County (near West County mall). The fiber that was ran last year is all marked and MCI has been onsite.

Pictures taken earlier today at theDellwood Recreation center area tower just off I-270 on W. Florissant a few blocks south. ST23XC292 (permission to use the ID was obtained from the S4GRU Administrator. Thanks Robert) I asked one of the guys if it was for Sprint just to be sure and he said "yup!" Only one antenna panel with RRUS is on the tower but I think more are going up today as someone on the ground was complaining that jumpers were not color coded. The ones on the RRUs clearly are.

{old pictures removed to save space}

A week later and as expected the antenna panels and RRUs are in place. I won't be going back until I hear of LTE acceptance.

DSCF0085.JPG

It's not to the point where I would post it in the work in progress thread because I don't know if it has anything to do with NV or not but the monopole site near McDonnell and I-270 has a cover off facing 270 and it is a Sprint tower.

https://maps.google....2,0.002411&z=19

HazelwwodMonopole.jpg

The panels visible are not yet NV.

Maybe commuters in the area could keep an eye on it.

DSCF0087.JPG

What I want to know is: when are panels going to be added to the Arch? That site is too good to waste. Come on, who is with me?

2dqikk4.png

AJ

• Like 2

2013-03-31%2018.57.01.jpg

I don't know if its anything do to NV upgrades but 2 white AT&T pickup trucks were parked at the We buy ugly house billboard site.

I think I saw a 3 from another company leaving as I passed on I-70. I came back on the frontage road and the guys were just chatting from one pickup to the other. There was a green bag on the ground by the padlock to get in it. I Came on home and I think I saw the 3rd pickup truck headed back there. I wonder if he forgot his keys. Think it could be AT &T with backhaul work?

Now there is a big square hole dug just past the asphalt near the frontage road with what sure looks like a fresh laid fiber line coiled up in it.

What I want to know is: when are panels going to be added to the Arch? That site is too good to waste. Come on, who is with me?

2dqikk4.png

AJ

Should have posted on the first! Would have been awesome.

What's interesting to me is everyone seems to be racing to fill the bottom rungs towers and removing the highest antennas so they can cover smaller areas.

Maybe next year someone can come up with a good post the first of April that McDonald's is fully funding a massive expansion of the Gateway Arch park area including the construction of a 2nd arch and painting both yellow.

Maybe next year someone can come up with a good post the first of April that McDonald's is fully funding a massive expansion of the Gateway Arch park area including the construction of a 2nd arch and painting both yellow.

And it includes the return of the McDonald's on the paddle wheel steamboat...

AJ

• Like 2

AJ you ever think carriers will start doing more than 3 sectors per site? I wonder how many they could get up to with those tight beamwidth pannels.

AJ you ever think carriers will start doing more than 3 sectors per site? I wonder how many they could get up to with those tight beamwidth pannels.

Increasing sectorization is an idea, as that can increase capacity for CDMA2000 and LTE. But it is no free lunch.

First, increased sectorization decreases coverage and increases interference along the sector boundaries. Second, sufficient backhaul needs to be in place to handle the added capacity from the additional sectors. Not to mention, existing racks are almost entirely set up for three sectors.

In the end, three sectors per site seems to be the happy medium in most cases.

AJ

• Like 1

White trucks have been at a local Sprint tower at least 2 days in the last week. I'm in Sikeston, MO (Southeast Missouri where 55 and 57 meet) and the tower is the one located off of US 60. I'm assuming that I can't put what number that tower is since this is not a sponsor forum.

Unfortunately, I can not say what they were doing since the tower is off the highway up a gravel road and I was too chicken to drive up there and check. I ran speed tests and they seem about normal for the area (~200 ping times, .5down) and I only have an iPhone 5 and Bold 9930 so I can't really conduct any further tests.

Is this a good sign for the beginning of Network Vision hitting our area?

The first live LTR in St Louis has been reported see

http://s4gru.com/ind...post__p__125028

Best I could post the link on the phone using Chrome.

Has anyone seen this site or taken pictures or mapped it with sensorly? The member who posted this only has 2 posts...so idk if it is credible...

It's not to the point where I would post it in the work in progress thread because I don't know if it has anything to do with NV or not but the monopole site near McDonnell and I-270 has a cover off facing 270 and it is a Sprint tower.

https://maps.google....2,0.002411&z=19

The panels visible are not yet NV.

Maybe commuters in the area could keep an eye on it.

I zipped past this site on 270 on my way to work this morning. I always wondered why that gigantic flagpole was there...

Anyway, the access panel is still off, and I could see the antenna inside. I was driving too fast to see any details, though. No trucks or other ground activity that I could see.

Has anyone seen this site or taken pictures or mapped it with sensorly? The member who posted this only has 2 posts...so idk if it is credible...

That's exciting news....but like you said, I'd like 2nd confirmation or at least some sensorly proof before I get too excited.