SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

More info... drove out to central Nebraska and back, hit some new sites that I know never had notes on them. Added a note, but as soon as it switched bands or sectors, the note disappeared. It seems the note is tied to that specific band AND sector rather than sharing it across the same GCI/NCI. Hopefully that means the notes that are "missing" are just because I was on the wrong band or sector!

I just got back home and got today's update and my notes fine. 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 10:20 AM, dkyeager said:

Has anyone checked Verizon n77 in areas with more than 100MHZ active? This spectrum has been fully available since August of last year.  Of course they are not typically using SA.

1402.jpg

NO SA here yet but I've been pretty happy with it. If I force my phone to SA it will attempt to connect and show signal data but but it doesn't fully authenticate and allow data.

Not bad for sitting in stopped traffic at 6pm rush hour.

iHBgLa4l.jpg

vRU7W4El.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikejeep said:

Another beta is rolling out now with some more adjustments and additional diagnostics. The last two beta releases have taken 48+ hours for approval, hopefully this one clears quicker but that's up to Google Play..

The s21 ultra with the same scp version as yesterday will often show 80 or 100mhz as 5G-NR but will also show either correctly.  sent diags. (dual sim). 

With only t-mobile network sim it only show 100Mhz and stayed on 100Mhz for me tonight.

Verizon only uses 100MHz here as visible to me, even with n77 sa enabled on phone as well.  I asked NYC for help.

• Thanks 1

since we started looking in depth at this, the firmware has updated on the s24 ultra and the s21 ultra (both factory unlocked). Doing these tests with only one sim active.  This earlier morning and now I am not seeing rapid switching between the n41 SA 100Mhz and the 80Mhz channels. Nr-arfcn matches in both cases.  s21 switched from 80 to 100 and reported it fine. 

If I airplane mode the s21 I will frequently get the 5G-NR for either band (sent a diag).  I will check again tonight during peak traffic times.

• Thanks 1

All tests have been done on 1 sim.  US Mobile has a plan for multiple carriers automatically switching to the strongest signal in dual sim phones (announced on Reddit by CEO) with existing hardware.  Beta testing was to begin right away but now has reportedly been delayed to June.  Perhaps waiting for dual sim firmware updates. 

Tested s21 ultra, s22 plus, s24 ultra all with latest released factory unlocked firmware.  Tested tonight during busiest times and occasionally in the afternoon and as noted above.  Rapid switching between n41 SA 100Mhz and 80 Mhz no longer occurs.  Basically one is chosen and it rarely changes to the other. Checked with other sites.

I also tested for NSA.  The s21 ultra, s22 plus, and s24 ultra all with latest released factory unlocked firmware.  All just displayed 5G-NR with hardly any other details.  SCP diags sent in.  one for s22 plus should be ignored (two sims).

I also tested A32 5G with April 1, 2022 firmware (T-Mobile and Factory Unlocked).  Both displayed NSA fine, ie 5G NR 2500 with details and neighbors.  They do not go into SA 5G, which used to work iirc.  Maybe lack of VoNR?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CrackedLCD said:

So far all my notes have returned!

Hmm. Mine are still missing. They do show up on single sector and band situations, but are otherwise missing. Just updated to One UI 6.1 and made sure SCP was updated as well.

• Sad 2

A SCP beta update is rolling out now.. it includes more adjustments to site note features including saving notes and displaying neighbor notes. If you are seeing odd behavior with notes (especially those of you 'missing' notes that you know should be appearing), please send a diagnostic report soon after you observe this behavior. I have added additional logging that should capture what is going on (it can be seen on the Diagnostic Mode page).

A major improvement to the function to clean up duplicate LTE GCIs is included in this release. Instead of deleting all duplicate entries, it will now save the entry that has the highest 'hits' column value, and delete all others. It is not perfect, but should be a huge improvement over deleting all of the entries. Please keep in mind if you have duplicates, this could impact site note display.

Duplicate GCI entries are typically a product of quickly-changing PLMNs that the OS does not report in sync with other data, resulting in some information being logged with the wrong PLMN. Similar issues are happening on dual-SIM devices that I have not been able to resolve yet. Keep in mind that dual-SIM functionality is still in testing, and even the new option to disable dual-SIM logging is still buggy. I'm working on it! Thanks for all of the feedback, keep it coming...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikejeep said:

A SCP beta update is rolling out now.. it includes more adjustments to site note features including saving notes and displaying neighbor notes.

My notes are back! As always appreciate your work! If I knew anything at all about how it all worked I'd offer to help haha 

• Love 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:29 PM, mikejeep said:

A SCP beta update is rolling out now.. it includes more adjustments to site note features including saving notes and displaying neighbor notes. If you are seeing odd behavior with notes (especially those of you 'missing' notes that you know should be appearing), please send a diagnostic report soon after you observe this behavior. I have added additional logging that should capture what is going on (it can be seen on the Diagnostic Mode page).

Am I crazy or were neighbor notes always available?  I know I've seen them on my device for what seems like a year or more.

After posting that my notes were back I've since discovered some that are still missing. I was driving so I couldn't send a diagnostic report but if I see it again I'll be sure to send one.  It seems my 2G and LTE notes are all intact but 5G ones are hit or miss still.

Finally got latest update within the hour. Duplicate GCI updates: Most used s24 ultra: none. S21 ultra #1:  0.3%, s21 ultra #2: 0.1%.  Networks: T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T.

All have dual sims, but recently disabled second sim given scp issues.  All with latest firmware.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CrackedLCD said:

Am I crazy or were neighbor notes always available?  I know I've seen them on my device for what seems like a year or more.

After posting that my notes were back I've since discovered some that are still missing. I was driving so I couldn't send a diagnostic report but if I see it again I'll be sure to send one.  It seems my 2G and LTE notes are all intact but 5G ones are hit or miss still.

Neighbor notes have been available for a long time.. many years. Sorry if my post wasn't clear, I was saying I made improvements to that feature.. fixed some bugs and overhauled how the app looks for notes that may be recorded under a different PLMN (like T-Mobile/Sprint Keep sites/etc).

NR sites can be tricky depending on the provider because some use multiple NCIs per site.. and in my area, T-Mobile has changed a lot of them. For T-Mobile, I have not identified a pattern between old and new NCIs, so until you save a note under a new NCI, it's going to be blank.

If you long-press on the "Connected to [LTE|NR]" label, it will send diagnostics immediately. There's no ability to add a comment to that report but you can send a few when you're seeing an issue and then send one with a comment referring to the other reports so I know what I'm looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Finally got latest update within the hour. Duplicate GCI updates: Most used s24 ultra: none. S21 ultra #1:  0.3%, s21 ultra #2: 0.1%.  Networks: T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T.

All have dual sims, but recently disabled second sim given scp issues.  All with latest firmware.

Google Play has been slow at approving releases lately, but I did see it finally got cleared around 9:15 Eastern this morning.

Those seem like low duplicate numbers, that is good. Mine were worse but I also intentionally try to force behavior to trigger bad logs for testing purposes. If you run the "Clean up duplicate GCI" entry from the Logs > Clear menu, it will eliminate them.

1 minute ago, mikejeep said:

Google Play has been slow at approving releases lately, but I did see it finally got cleared around 9:15 Eastern this morning.

Those seem like low duplicate numbers, that is good. Mine were worse but I also intentionally try to force behavior to trigger bad logs for testing purposes. If you run the "Clean up duplicate GCI" entry from the Logs > Clear menu, it will eliminate them.

Worked no problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mike if you need more Dish data, I have been hunting down sites in western Columbus.  So far just n70 and n71 reporting although I CA all three.