Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Anyone got any tidbit of Missouri/Joplin NV progress news? A permit? Anything? I could use something to keep hope alive that Joplin wasn't just a typo on the coming soon announcement.

Anyone got any tidbit of Missouri/Joplin NV progress news? A permit? Anything? I could use something to keep hope alive that Joplin wasn't just a typo on the coming soon announcement.

There is a reason they use "soon" and "coming months", it is vague. The PR is still good news but we may not see any progress for 3-4 months.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I just checked the coverage maps for Missouri, and now they have LTE on highway 70, real close to Jefferson city. Which 2 weeks ago wasn't there. Is this good news that it's heading towards STL?

2cz4jyw.png

The Sedalia coverage? That's been there pretty much since the launch in July. That area is part of the Kansas market. Unfortunately, we have not found any working going on in the Missouri market yet.

Don't feel bad, that's faster than EV-DO for Verizon is through most of St. Louis. Far faster than where I live, actually.

I actually live like 40 minutes away from St. Louis so this was actually pretty high for normal. Usually I get around .7 Mbps

If I was the CEO of sprint, I'd be embarrassed to let people have these speeds.. Lol

Well, that's what this overhaul is all about. Getting rid of those speeds. And it wasn't until really the last few years or so that it became such a problem to have those speeds. Not that long ago, those speeds would have worked for most people.

Springfield MO here. Been seeing eHRPD pop up around the city. Spoke with a Sprint engineer saying deployment around Feb 2013. On a side note, have family in the Sedalia market. 32mbps down 10mbps up on lte. With speeds like that the wait for Springfield is almost unbearable.

Hello, just signed on with Credo Mobile (uses the Sprint network) after jumping ship from AT&T because they claimed their network in Springfield was 4G but I was lucky to break 1.0 Mbps usually. Kind of annoyed at the horrible 3G data speeds on Sprint's network but I'm happy to see the report above of the expected Feb 2013 LTE rollout. Looks like it'll be worth the wait.

I'm definitely going to monitor this thread for updates because it's unbearable to be unable to even stream Pandora at times while I'm at work.

Side note - I was at my in-laws' house last weekend up north of I-44 and I got 1.33Mbps down. Anyone else have typically faster speeds on the north side of town?

Edited by grazamataz

Springfield MO here. Been seeing eHRPD pop up around the city. Spoke with a Sprint engineer saying deployment around Feb 2013. On a side note, have family in the Sedalia market. 32mbps down 10mbps up on lte. With speeds like that the wait for Springfield is almost unbearable.

I had kind of figured it would be Feb or March that we would get LTE.

No other updates here, still get between 1.5-2.5mbps on 3G, and no signs of eHRPD.

and no signs of eHRPD.

Really? When I went to Joplin a couple weeks ago, eHRPD had been active here in Springfield for several weeks, and was active for my whole trip through Joplin. Not that it's really that important when it comes to the physical upgrades, but it was there.

Maybe it just does not show up on my phone that way, or I'm looking in the wrong place. Just shows up as 3G.

Settings >> About >> Network >> Mobile network type

See what it says there. The icon at the top of the phone won't change. It's still 3G.

It sure would be nice to see at least one pixel of Sensorly LTE goodness in Joplin ( the Missouri starter city I hope) by the end of the year. Even some sign of something being done would be nice. Does it seem slow to anyone else after all they announced Joplin back on October12th?

It sure would be nice to see at least one pixel of Sensorly LTE goodness in Joplin ( the Missouri starter city I hope) by the end of the year. Even some sign of something being done would be nice. Does it seem slow to anyone else after all they announced Joplin back on October12th?

Not to me. Coming months...coming months.

Robert

I remember "coming months" all too well from my epic days waiting for my Froyo update.

When I see sites show up in one of our markets I'll take it as a pleasant surprise. Coming months can be a LOOONNNNGGGG time.

That's not to say I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting for them. :D

I would guess the site in Nevada is included in the Joplin roll out. Someone has been doing a fair amount of mapping in the Nevada area. They also have a bit of signal in Pittsburg, KS. It seems those Sprint towers that were also WiMax protection sites are being upgraded right away. Makes sense as it would likely have the backhaul in place. Thinking of that, another site to watch for upgrades is the WiMax site in Ozark. I have seen a lot of updates on that particular site in the last year. I used to live down the road from that site...now I'm in central Illinois.

I would guess the site in Nevada is included in the Joplin roll out. Someone has been doing a fair amount of mapping in the Nevada area. They also have a bit of signal in Pittsburg, KS. It seems those Sprint towers that were also WiMax protection sites are being upgraded right away. Makes sense as it would likely have the backhaul in place. Thinking of that, another site to watch for upgrades is the WiMax site in Ozark. I have seen a lot of updates on that particular site in the last year. I used to live down the road from that site...now I'm in central Illinois.

I was in Nevada, just happened to be on my way home lol. But Nevada is part of the Kansas Market, so unfortunately no related to Joplin. Last time I was in Joplin (before Thanksgiving) there was no sign of work being done. There are a bunch of sites that are completed, equipment wise from Nevada north to Harrisonville on US 71, but no signal from them. I could even see the little green lights on the RRUs as I drove by.

• Like 1

I was in Nevada, just happened to be on my way home lol. But Nevada is part of the Kansas Market, so unfortunately no related to Joplin. Last time I was in Joplin (before Thanksgiving) there was no sign of work being done. There are a bunch of sites that are completed, equipment wise from Nevada north to Harrisonville on US 71, but no signal from them. I could even see the little green lights on the RRUs as I drove by.

With red lights, they would complete the fusion of festivus and christmas. Unadorned aluminum poles with red and green lights.

:P