Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I found some band 41 LTE!

Here's my debug screen on the MiFi:

===============
Debug
===============

Engineering
Current Service for CDMA: N/A
CMDA Signal Strength: N/A
Roaming Indicator value: Not Roaming
Channel: N/A
Latitude: 0
Longitude: 0
RSSI: N/A
SID: 0
NID: 0
Packet Zone ID: 0
Packet Call Control State: Connected
Ec/Io: N/A
Receive Power 0 (CDMA): N/A
Receive Power 1 (CDMA): N/A
Receive Frame Error Rate: N/A
Mobile IP Error Code: 0
IPv4 Address: N/A
PN value: N/A
Subnet Color Code: 0
HDR Session State: Power Save
MAC Index: N/A
Subnet ID: 00 00000000 00000000 00000000
UAY024 value: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
AN-AAA value: No Request
Packet Error Rate value: N/A
DRC Request: 0
P_Rev value: N/A
Dominant PN: 0
Current Service Pilots: N/A

eHRPD
Channel: N/A
RSSI: No Signal
Ec/Io: -2.5 dBm
APN: r.ispsn

LTE
IMSI: 310120020339171
Connection State: Connected
PLMN ID: 942747955
Band:
[0] type:LTE band:E_UTRA_OPERATING_BAND_41 channel:40978
RSRP: 0 dBm
RSRQ: 0 dB
RS-SINR: -18.4 dB
Tx Power: 23.0 dBm
APN: r.ispsn
IPv4 Address: 0.0.0.0
IPv6 Address: N/A
IPv4 Call Last Error Code:
IPv6 Call Last Error Code: WDS_CER_UNSPECIFIED_V01

Here's the speedtest:

Test Date: Aug 5, 2013 8:20 AM
Download: 10.37 Mbps
Upload: 0.25 Mbps
Ping: 114 ms
Connection Type: Wi-Fi
Server: St. Louis, MO
External IP: 184.206.34.144
Internal IP: 192.168.1.2
Latitude: 38.6756
Longitude: -90.4096
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=38.675611,-90.409586

This was at -117dBm, and taken right at the base of the flagpole in the parking lot by the cabinets. I was running kind of late after the gym, so I didn't want to push my luck on the way in to work... 

I believe this is the Clearwire flagpole site on Old Olive Street Rd & Pavilion Dr. :)

• Like 1

I also had LTE all the way up Lindbergh to Page, and Page to Schuetz Rd.

If someone could map these points, that would be awesome.

Just got LTE in Alton, Was running late to work so couldn't ivestigate, 3 digit serving cell did not have a known match. I suspect that its the site by White Castle!

• Like 2

Just got LTE in Alton, Was running late to work so couldn't ivestigate, 3 digit serving cell did not have a known match. I suspect that its the site by White Castle!

I'll drive by there after work.  You may beat me there though.

Definitely White Castle. -75dbm at the base. 10MB Down, 6Mb Up

9444879092_d46a26752f_d.jpg9442091043_c9356d93a4_d.jpg

And ya, I know the info are in the wrong fields...don't ask me why but I think it has to do with why it reports wrong info to sensorly. Mapped about 40 points by the site.

• Like 1

Any ideas when we'll get this week's acceptance report? I pledged $5 per new LTE site to Robert's S4GRU vacation rental fund...

Any ideas when we'll get this week's acceptance report? I pledged $5 per new LTE site to Robert's S4GRU vacation rental fund...

No idea, wondering the same thing but trying to keep my mouth shut....Waiting on Thursday-Sunday report.

DOH!   Mapping with the Nexus is bad no matter what.  You have no idea of the RF design of the site.  I know the intentions are meant to be good but you could be marking dark purple where there will never be dark purple.  I guess it's your area and you'll have to live with it, not me. 

DOH!   Mapping with the Nexus is bad no matter what.  You have no idea of the RF design of the site.  I know the intentions are meant to be good but you could be marking dark purple where there will never be dark purple.  I guess it's your area and you'll have to live with it, not me. 

digi....i was at the base of the site with -60's and -70's turned it off when i got a quarter mile away. We discussed this. I think the problem with the GNex is that when there is an error code it throws the data into the wrong field for instance my serving cells show up under the "band" field and RSRP shows up under IP Address field.

digi....i was at the base of the site with -60's and -70's turned it off when i got a quarter mile away. We discussed this.

It's your area so do what you want.  I believe I'll take the hint this time and stay out of here. 

It's your area so do what you want.  I believe I'll take the hint this time and stay out of here. 

9442091043_c9356d93a4_d.jpg

See what I mean Vern? when there is an error code it throws the data into the wrong field for instance my serving cells show up under the "band" field and RSRP shows up under IP Address field.

I was able to connect to the live Alton site past the mall all the way down to Homer Adams and Alby. 

Are you still talking about the White Castle tower?  If so that's a pretty good distance from the Mall.  Is that the stealth flag pole tower BTW?

Are you still talking about the White Castle tower?  If so that's a pretty good distance from the Mall.  Is that the stealth flag pole tower BTW?

Nope, the Flagpole at Alton Cine is Tmo IIRC. Its down on Bloomer Drive between the Alton Volunteer Rescue Squad and 2 yellow dental offices. BTW I just got this from my buddies EVO. And yes the signal from that site goes all the way over there.

9446265980_8a69448c66_d.jpg

I like how the S4 picks up LTE better than the GNex, even though yes, it is to be expected....

And then there was one.....it sucks to have a crappy device...I wouldn't go with S4 though. I'd go with HTC ONE

• Like 1

And then there was one.....it sucks to have a crappy device...I wouldn't go with S4 though. I'd go with HTC ONE

HTC One is a good phone... I'm just set on the Galaxys.... I've had the AT&T and Sprint S1s, the Sprint S3, the Sprint GNex and now the Sprint S4

HTC One is a good phone... I'm just set on the Galaxys.... I've had the AT&T and Sprint S1s, the Sprint S3, the Sprint GNex and now the Sprint S4

Why did you go from the S3 to the GNex? I'd go with the one just for HEX SCID.