Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

It's the Fordland site. I was out there on Friday doing some mapping and seeing how far the signal went.

2013-07-12%2020.24.56.png

I did some more checking last Friday and I think you are right.  Even though the Fordland tower is almost 8 miles away I am intermittently picking up (and dropping) 4G from it.  I'm not showing "Serving Cell" as you did in Signal Check Pro.  Mine shows CID which is 90280195.

What really cracks me up is that both of the Rogersville towers are much closer to my home (2.6 miles from  the east tower and 3.8 miles from the west tower) than the Fordland tower (7.8 miles) but its 4G signal strength (RSRP -111 dBm) is almost the same as the EV-DO from closer towers (RSSI ;-102 dBm). 

I did some more checking last Friday and I think you are right.  Even though the Fordland tower is almost 8 miles away I am intermittently picking up (and dropping) 4G from it.  I'm not showing "Serving Cell" as you did in Signal Check Pro.  Mine shows CID which is 90280195.

What really cracks me up is that both of the Rogersville towers are much closer to my home (2.6 miles from  the east tower and 3.8 miles from the west tower) than the Fordland tower (7.8 miles) but its 4G signal strength (RSRP -111 dBm) is almost the same as the EV-DO from closer towers (RSSI ;-102 dBm). 

8 miles is fairly typical for a rural/highway site like Fordland.

I was having some extreme difficulties withe EVDO and 1x while I was out testing the Fordland site. It was almost as if every other site wasn't broadcasting EVDO or 1x, so it's possible you may not be connected to the closest site to you for EVDO.

I'm not sure what would cause those issues either. Unless the NV work disrupted something. 

You just confirmed something for me....that even though you have a custom rom you are still able to pick up the decimal converted SCID(like an iPhone 5). 90280195 converts to 5619103.

• Like 1

You just confirmed something for me....that even though you have a custom rom you are still able to pick up the decimal converted SCID(like an iPhone 5). 90280195 converts to 5619103.

So we do have a way to get the hex ID even if rooted.  Very nice.  I'll check with Mike (SignalCheck Pro guy) and see if he can do anything with an automatic conversion in the software.

Long time lurker, working on becoming a sponsor, but can't yet... but myself and a couple of co-workers have been picking up sporadic 4G LTE signals this morning inside our work building near Hwy 94 and K in St. Peters/O'Fallon... I'm trying to pick up tower, once I do I'll post it. 

Long time lurker, working on becoming a sponsor, but can't yet... but myself and a couple of co-workers have been picking up sporadic 4G LTE signals this morning inside our work building near Hwy 94 and K in St. Peters/O'Fallon... I'm trying to pick up tower, once I do I'll post it. 

Yes, site in Weldon Spring was accepted over the weekend. Thanks for the report!

So we do have a way to get the hex ID even if rooted.  Very nice.  I'll check with Mike (SignalCheck Pro guy) and see if he can do anything with an automatic conversion in the software.

It's not about being rooted.  Only phones with stock based ROMs can pull up the engineering info.  CM and other ROMs lack the necessary APIs to pull the data.

Yes, site in Weldon Spring was accepted over the weekend. Thanks for the report!

I only brought it up because I couldn't follow the thread regarding whether the Weldon Springs site and the Research park site were one in the same, or two seperate sites... and my location is really close to Research Park..  Also was amazed that I was getting that signal inside the building...  I have the site ID, if needed.

I ran across an intermittent 4G signal after I crossed Jefferson Barracks bridge and was on the Illinois side of the river this morning.    SignalCheck gave me the location as Columbia and a decimal CID of 90330370 which is 5625502 hex.  Still of any use?

***EDIT***

After doing some digging it appears I'm picking up the tower near Jefferson Barracks. 

It's not about being rooted.  Only phones with stock based ROMs can pull up the engineering info.  CM and other ROMs lack the necessary APIs to pull the data.

Understood but for at least one tower we seem to have the same data in decimal form from a non-sense ROM compared to (what I'm guessing) is data from a Sense ROM that dkoellerwx has in hand.  I'm trying to verify with other sites that that the hex id listed to see if the CID I display is the decimal equivalent.

We'll just have to see.

I only brought it up because I couldn't follow the thread regarding whether the Weldon Springs site and the Research park site were one in the same, or two seperate sites... and my location is really close to Research Park..  Also was amazed that I was getting that signal inside the building...  I have the site ID, if needed.

SCID's are always appreciated

You did see that he pulled a decimal converted HEX ID(iPhone 5 style) right?