Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I read of someone who swears best bet it to run them through the dishwasher with no soap. Never tried it but if its junk already...

They even said they do it when its working when it just needs cleaned up.

That's where we got the wash rack idea. The key is to make sure they are dry before plugging them in.

xxxxxx near Eureka is not broadcasting. I'm sitting in direct eye sight of the water tower and even switched the HTC One to lte only and got nothing. I did briefly pick up a Pacific and Labadie site on Twin Rivers Rd/Hwy PP and have screenshots in the 100s considering the distance.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

xxxxxx near Eureka is not broadcasting. I'm sitting in direct eye sight of the water tower and even switched the HTC One to lte only and got nothing. I did briefly pick up a Pacific and Labadie site on Twin Rivers Rd/Hwy PP and have screenshots in the 100s considering the distance.

Crap I thought I was on the sponsor thread

Crap I thought I was on the sponsor thread

been there done that. The way Tapatalk abbreviated the thread name it's easy to do.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Imperial Main & W Outer Rd Imperial, MO

121-290-459

141 near QuikTrip Fenton, MO

106-275-444

Hwy 30 & Northwest Blvd Fenton, MO

126-290-458

I believe this gives us the 3 digit ids for all Jefferson County sites that are 4G accepted and broadcasting. The Eureka Jefferson County site was not broadcasting as of this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Truman Rd & Point W Blvd Not mapped Also forcing LTE Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Mapped it and got the  3 digits back on  Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4484-missouri-market-nv-map/page-23&do=findComment&comment=245809

Mapped it and got the 3 digits back on Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4484-missouri-market-nv-map/page-23&do=findComment&comment=245809

Cool. I briefly looked through and wasn't sure.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is the sub par performance I've been dealing. This tower is about a 100 yards away. Needs more power to support west county mall area and three big companies right by it.

Posted Image

This is the sub par performance I've been dealing. This tower is about a 100 yards away. Needs more power to support west county mall area and three big companies right by it.

Seems to be the "norm". I think Sprint just blew a massive wad of money and they are getting nothing in return. I can be within sight of a tower and lose connections just by walking into a building. I know a lot of folks here are fan boys, but I am not one of them.

Oh... I have two phone, one is the Galaxy S4 for LTE and the other is the Galaxy S3 for 3G. I pretty much use the S3 full time now because my data speeds exceed my LTE speeds 95% of the time.  It is pretty much a joke that their LTE is inferior to 3G. 

I'm not sure where you guys are running into problems with your LTE, but I can pull pretty nice speeds in central STL County around the Galleria and up north by the Airport. The tower at the Jos. A. White building at 170 and 40 pumps out 30Mbps with regularity. 

Now, the speeds I get in/around work in the Westport Area are all bogus, but I've been generally happy with the LTE speeds in my neck of the woods.

Some spots are slow, usual when one tower is LTE and nearby ones are not. Everyone locks on the one LTE. I do think they need a 2nd LTE signal some places but hopefully the 800 and 2600 will offload it soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Oh... I have two phone, one is the Galaxy S4 for LTE and the other is the Galaxy S3 for 3G. I pretty much use the S3 full time now because my data speeds exceed my LTE speeds 95% of the time.  It is pretty much a joke that their LTE is inferior to 3G. 

The @Sprintcare folks on Twitter will be glad to help out ;)  I've been bugging them about a broken 3G site for 13 months and another LTE site that hasn't worked right in the past 7 months.  They're a hoot to talk to at times as humor is about the only that can correct the issue.

Not sure how this makes sense? Both of those are LTE devices. If you are so unhappy with LTE, you could just put your S4 into 3G only mode.

Not sure how this makes sense? Both of those are LTE devices. If you are so unhappy with LTE, you could just put your S4 into 3G only mode.

If you have the MSL you do it in the ##DATA# Edit menu without rebooting as well.  I use it quite a bit to force down from LTE to EVDO then later to 1x when EVDO falls on its face.

On m Digiblur note 2 rom I can get to it from settings/wireless + networks/mobile networks/network mode. The phone will restart with a pop up saying it's making the change continue?

Sent from my SPH-L900

I'm not sure where you guys are running into problems with your LTE, but I can pull pretty nice speeds in central STL County around the Galleria and up north by the Airport. The tower at the Jos. A. White building at 170 and 40 pumps out 30Mbps with regularity. 

Now, the speeds I get in/around work in the Westport Area are all bogus, but I've been generally happy with the LTE speeds in my neck of the woods.

I work at Manchester and 270. You have Scottrade, Edward Jones, Charter, West County Mall and a bunch of other buildings around here. There are only 2 RRUs per sector. You have the 270 & 64 tower which helps a little. You have the tower on Dougherty Ferry that helps a little and the new one at Manchester and Lindbergh. But all of those towers are out of range of this area to help. The sector I'm on is pointed at all of these heavily populated buildings and is struggling to help. Be nice if band 41 was active but it isn't on that tower.

I work at Manchester and 270. You have Scottrade, Edward Jones, Charter, West County Mall and a bunch of other buildings around here. There are only 2 RRUs per sector. You have the 270 & 64 tower which helps a little. You have the tower on Dougherty Ferry that helps a little and the new one at Manchester and Lindbergh. But all of those towers are out of range of this area to help. The sector I'm on is pointed at all of these heavily populated buildings and is struggling to help. Be nice if band 41 was active but it isn't on that tower.

2 RRUs per sector? Are you looking at the right sites? There should be 4 RRUs per sector.

• Like 1

The S3 is not LTE.

As far as I know there is no way to switch the S4 to 3G, if you know how please share!

The S3 is not LTE.

As far as I know there is no way to switch the S4 to 3G, if you know how please share!

Yes it is, my wife has one and it does LTE just fine.

You should be able to do it in the mobile networks settings or something like that. Or you can do it in the ##data# dialer menu if you have the MSL code for your device. Easy to get that from Sprint or other methods.

My S3 shows 4G but not LTE.

I did find out how to switch off LTE on the S4 going through the settings menu.

LTE is 4G and the S3 is LTE not wimax. By default it shows 4G like my Note 2 did before Signalcheck pro.

You  can find the spec's lots of places but one of them is here http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Sprint_id7099