Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

So we are seeing TD-LTE in STL but the only device released that can pick that up is the hotspot?  Correct me if I'm wrong but the LG G2 won't handle 2500 which is TD right?  So we're hanging waiting on handsets...

No, all smartphones, save for Apple, released starting this fall will include tri-band support. Band 41(TD-LTE. 2500), Band 25(1900) and Band 26(800). So LG G2 will be the first to support tri band. 

Here are a couple pictures of the tower at John & McKissock(sp?) (I-70 & Grand). NV panned & RRUs are up, I couldn't get up close to the site to check for cabinets.  Pictures taken with my phone.

That tower is twice the size of the one in Vinita Park. 

So yes it is broadcasting LTE but the signal strength is terrible unless you are really close to the tower.

I hate trying to keep making excuses for Sprint but this sites RF design could be designed to cover that neighborhood. 

So we are seeing TD-LTE in STL but the only device released that can pick that up is the hotspot?  Correct me if I'm wrong but the LG G2 won't handle 2500 which is TD right?  So we're hanging waiting on handsets...

Beaten to the punch already, but yes, in order to use the TD-LTE in STL, you need a Tri-Band hotspot (of which there are 3). The LG G2 will be Tri-Band, which means it will be capable of using 25/2600 LTE (TD-LTE), as well as 800 LTE and 1900 LTE. Right now, the only other device confirmed as Tri-Band is the S4 Mini, but we believe the Note 3 will be Tri-Band as well, though we have yet to confirm that.

Beaten to the punch already, but yes, in order to use the TD-LTE in STL, you need a Tri-Band hotspot (of which there are 3). The LG G2 will be Tri-Band, which means it will be capable of using 25/2600 LTE (TD-LTE), as well as 800 LTE and 1900 LTE. Right now, the only other device confirmed as Tri-Band is the S4 Mini, but we believe the Note 3 will be Tri-Band as well, though we have yet to confirm that.

Didn't Sprint, at a press conference deal, say that all smartphones starting this fall would be tri-band....before backtracking(because of iPhone)?

Didn't Sprint, at a press conference deal, say that all smartphones starting this fall would be tri-band....before backtracking(because of iPhone)?

Yes, but starting this fall, at what point? It's not fall yet ;)

They also said there would not be any dual band LTE phone released, which is why we are not saying for sure that the Note 3 will be Tri-Band. If it's not, that would be incredibly stupid on Sprint's part, so we assume it is, but not confirmed. 

Yes, but starting this fall, at what point? It's not fall yet ;)

They also said there would not be any dual band LTE phone released, which is why we are not saying for sure that the Note 3 will be Tri-Band. If it's not, that would be incredibly stupid on Sprint's part, so we assume it is, but not confirmed. 

iPhone 5S will be dual band, correct? Moto X had really bad timing as well.

So as of now we have no idea how many handsets will be released "this fall" that are capable of tri-band.  We have the iPhone which is dual and the G2 which I can't tell (LTE on 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2600 MHz according to Phonearena.com).  In my mind the fall and winter are pretty weak for phone releases on most carriers so we are now waiting on CES (minimal) and then CTIA for May release of tri-band phones?

I guess in this case if I have to wait and get a phone with a feature it might actually work when I purchase it.  I remember being so excited with the EVO 4G and EVO 3D only to find out WIMax were no where when I lived, worked, traveled or played.

So yes it is broadcasting LTE but the signal strength is terrible unless you are really close to the tower.

So I'm not sure how far you are from the tower when you get the bad signal but about 25 minutes ago I was on 170 & Page and connected on Serving Cell 401 and got a DL of 12MB. Then it handed off to the Hanley and Natural Bridge site on Serving Cell 378. So not sure why your phone is getting a bad connection from that tower.

So as of now we have no idea how many handsets will be released "this fall" that are capable of tri-band.  We have the iPhone which is dual and the G2 which I can't tell (LTE on 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2600 MHz according to Phonearena.com).  In my mind the fall and winter are pretty weak for phone releases on most carriers so we are now waiting on CES (minimal) and then CTIA for May release of tri-band phones?

The LG G2 is Tri-Band. Didn't we just say that? 2500 and 2600 are interchangeably written to indicate Clear's TD-LTE.

The S4 Mini is Tri-Band as well, confirmed. It is based upon that that we assume the Note 3 will be as well.

Beyond that, no, we don't know what else there will be. We probably won't see anything more significant until February. 

That tower is twice the size of the one in Vinita Park. 

The one in Granite on the Rock Rd is bigger, and there is a tower near this one but closer to the river that looks to be a couple hundred feet tall with only one rack on it. I'll try to get s pick of it just because. 

The one in Granite on the Rock Rd is bigger, and there is a tower near this one but closer to the river that looks to be a couple hundred feet tall with only one rack on it. I'll try to get s pick of it just because. 

I've seen that one....it is ridiculously tall.

The LG G2 is Tri-Band. Didn't we just say that? 2500 and 2600 are interchangeably written to indicate Clear's TD-LTE.

The S4 Mini is Tri-Band as well, confirmed. It is based upon that that we assume the Note 3 will be as well.

Beyond that, no, we don't know what else there will be. We probably won't see anything more significant until February. 

Yep.  I was just lulled by the G2's specs on Phone arena which didn't mention 800 or 1900.  After doing some Google searching I found Roberts and WiWavelength (here) talking about it definitely having 800, 1900 and 2600.  It is missing SVDO which I have come to rely on with my LTEVO.  I absolutely hate losing data when on a voice call.

Yep.  I was just lulled by the G2's specs on Phone arena which didn't mention 800 or 1900.  After doing some Google searching I found Roberts and WiWavelength (here) talking about it definitely having 800, 1900 and 2600.  It is missing SVDO which I have come to rely on with my LTEVO.  I absolutely hate losing data when on a voice call.

Then you will hate the fact that there won't be any devices that are Tri-Band and SVLTE/SVDO

That really does suck. When traveling I regularly use my phone as a GPS and inevitably my wife calls when I'm in the middle of a city I don't know...

That really does suck. When traveling I regularly use my phone as a GPS and inevitably my wife calls when I'm in the middle of a city I don't know...

Google maps nav works offline now, they cache the route info I believe

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Here are a couple pictures of the tower at John & McKissock(sp?) (I-70 & Grand). NV panned & RRUs are up, I couldn't get up close to the site to check for cabinets.  Pictures taken with my phone.

Has anyone seen RRUs up with out cabinets in place or at least being installed at the same time?

Google maps nav works offline now, they cache the route info I believe

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Yep. I've used it but don't know the map area downloaded automatically.

Yep. I've used it but don't know the map area downloaded automatically.

I cached the whole STL area.  Just type OK MAPS and it downloads the area currently being shown.

Actually, I think they even have a menu option to cache maps now....but I'm too lazy to go check since I'm watching SoA ;)