Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

It does need mapped, but don't go out of your way to do that.

Its not out of my way. I'll swing by if I have time. I'm like 5 to 10 minutes from the site where I work. I actually picked the site up in the parking lot when I left work.

Block west of Taylor and Hunt.

Yeah... that's like the invisible place on campus where no one goes. I always forget it's actually part of SLU. The big signs on the building are gone now.

The signs are back they are having more class down there now.  And its a hotel that alot of people use.

It does need mapped, but don't go out of your way to do that.

I can map a few points when i get off in the morning, I'm right up the street on north campus.

Grabbed the 3 digits from 370 & 94 (Little Hills Expressway) yesterday:  151 - 320 - 489

Mapped some points, too, but they don't seem to be showing up.

Did you get a speed test?

Can someone confirm if there is a tower on top of the Marriott at 64 & Maryville University as well as 64 & Mason?

They're both rooftop sites

I think the 64 and Mason site is on the roof of the triangle shaped buidling on the northeast corner of 64 & Mason.

• Like 1

Drove by the site at I-55/70 and US40 this morning.  Confirmed that it is now NOT in donut mode after being accepted over the weekend.

Also drove by the I-55/I-70/I-270 site (2347 Tramore).  NV antennas and RRUs are up.  No visible cabinets, but there is a shelter on the site so they're probably in there.  There was no work at the site when I drove by just last week.

s2kjiD7.jpg

Yat6lt4.jpg

Looks like they left some "equipment" behind:

2eW4UBq.jpg

Drove by the site at I-55/70 and US40 this morning.  Confirmed that it is now NOT in donut mode after being accepted over the weekend.

Also drove by the I-55/I-70/I-270 site (2347 Tramore).  NV antennas and RRUs are up.  No visible cabinets, but there is a shelter on the site so they're probably in there.  There was no work at the site when I drove by just last week.

s2kjiD7.jpg

Yat6lt4.jpg

Looks like they left some "equipment" behind:

2eW4UBq.jpg

Go by later and there will be some popcorn..

• Like 1

Grabbed the 3 digits from 370 & 94 (Little Hills Expressway) yesterday:  151 - 320 - 489

Mapped some points, too, but they don't seem to be showing up.

Did you get a speed test?

Just got this:

Ping:102ms  Download: 7492kpbs  Upload: 3106kbps

That's sitting inside with a -108dB signal.

Really loving all this St Charles county lte, picked it up crossing 61 on 70, it dropped at hwy a then picked back up at lake St Louis. Stopped on Bryan rd now with -95db signal. I have been mapping as much as possible

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 3

I'm loving the Sensorly purple that is increasing in Jefferson City!  I've been doing what I can to add to it as an excuse to ride my bike more.  I think we got 2-3 towers on LTE (finally).  Need to get some more and really light things up! 

Question:  Why does my Galaxy III usually not connect in 4G unless i cycle airplane mode?  Even in very strong signal areas, it usually just sits on 3G.  Annoying...

I'm loving the Sensorly purple that is increasing in Jefferson City!  I've been doing what I can to add to it as an excuse to ride my bike more.  I think we got 2-3 towers on LTE (finally).  Need to get some more and really light things up! 

Question:  Why does my Galaxy III usually not connect in 4G unless i cycle airplane mode?  Even in very strong signal areas, it usually just sits on 3G.  Annoying...

There are 2 in town and 3 in outlaying areas. If you can dial ##debug# on your dialpad(enter 777468 if prompted) and select LTE Engineering and grab screenshots when you get connected please do.

Answer: Most phones will only scan every 30 minutes for a new signal, especially if it does not have a record of LTE being there. Once your phone knows there is LTE there it will record the BSIDs so that when you connect to those BSIDs in the future it will more easily connect to LTE.

Answer: Most phones will only scan every 30 minutes for a new signal, especially if it does not have a record of LTE being there. Once your phone knows there is LTE there it will record the BSIDs so that when you connect to those BSIDs in the future it will more easily connect to LTE.

The 30 minute thing was specific to the GNex, and was supposed to be resolved a while ago. Most devices scan between 3 and 20 minutes, though the times do go up if it doesn't find an LTE signal for a while. My ONE seems to scan about every 3 minutes. The GS3 scans every 5, or less. 

The 30 minute thing was specific to the GNex, and was supposed to be resolved a while ago. Most devices scan between 3 and 20 minutes, though the times do go up if it doesn't find an LTE signal for a while. My ONE seems to scan about every 3 minutes. The GS3 scans every 5, or less. 

I'm too impatient to let my GS4 scan.

Ah ok. Is Waffle House still any good? I haven't been to one in like 7 years

It's been about 15 years for me.  Although I do have a free waffle coupon here on my desk that expires on Friday.  Maybe this is the week...

Okay, so I think I may deactivate the One and go back to the GNex. Comparing the signal strength between the 2 of them the One always seems to have a lower signal strength between 7 and 10dbm less than the GNex at the same point. I have discovered that even with a deactivated phone you can still map with sensorly. I hope this holds true with the One because of the LTE sim card. I will try and let you guys know.