Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I don't have an LTE device, but I'll swing by and see what the panels/base station situation looks like. I gotta get that MiFi activated. Maybe today's the day. LOL

I'll also swing by the Old Olive St. Road/Pavilion Dr. Flagpole site today and see what's shaking. I know fresh fiber was run earlier this week... 

Ill go home that way and see if i get anything after i loose Jos A

I can't map to Sensorly, so if you could grab that and send up points, that'd rock.

Also, the Clearwire TD-LTE tower is just a little beyond that Jos. A. White Bldg. site at 170/64 (or Highway Farty, whatever). It's at Big Bend & 64/40.

I can't map to Sensorly, so if you could grab that and send up points, that'd rock.

Also, the Clearwire TD-LTE tower is just a little beyond that Jos. A. White Bldg. site at 170/64 (or Highway Farty, whatever). It's at Big Bend & 64/40.

Ill map through there if I pick anything up. 

Are you talking about the pole that is on the tennis and basketball courts?

Ill map through there if I pick anything up. 

Are you talking about the pole that is on the tennis and basketball courts?

This is beyond that site by about a mile heading east. Here's a Google Map to the location: http://goo.gl/maps/X0vjz

I got nothing but 3G at the Legends golf course in Chesterfield. The site off Wildhorse Creek doesn't look to have any work done, unless I just don't know what I'm looking for. Here's pics of the site:

BtirHjJ.jpgC1DJMaJ.jpg3XCpbX6.jpg

Edited by jmac631

I got nothing but 3G at the Legends golf course in Chesterfield. The site off Wildhorse Creek doesn't look to have any work done, unless I just don't know what I'm looking for. Here's pics of the site:

C1DJMaJ.jpg

You found Waldo.

270 at I44 only 1x. Same all through Pacific.

In Rolla still wasn't getting LTE so I finally stopped and switch to airplane mode and back. CID shows as 05606602 and 03. It looks like there are 2 RRU per antenna. The tower next to the Sprint tower is a clearly marked Nextel tower. I'll look at the pics I took later to see if any are good enough to post.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

The LTE comes and goes, so they must be working on it. I have had much better speeds today on WiMax 4G. I run the Page/Rock Road/170/270 corridor making deliveries and it is just hit/miss with LTE right now. At times I will get it and it will be slow other times very fast.

Wimax on Galaxy S2 - Rock Road and N. Hanley Road

jzfi91.png

LTE earlier today at the same location this time on a Galaxy 4S. LTE comes and goes.

2e5ml43.png

Not sure why LTE is slower than WiMax. Perhaps because it is still being tweaked? Half the time LTE fades in and out. Ended up using the S2 most of the day because the WiMax is so much faster and a lot more reliable.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• Kind of amazing that T-Mobile is still holding onto that speed title despite Verizon all but killing off lowband 5G on their network. While Verizon is mostly being evaluated on mmWave and C-band performance, T-Mobile and AT&T's average 5G speeds include their massive lowband 5G networks that are significantly slower.
    • 5G in the U.S. – Additional Mid-band Spectrum Driving Performance Gains T-Mobile holds on to it's lead in 5G Speed
    • Yup. Very true. We were originally on an Everything Data 1500 Plan, which got Unlimited Minutes thanks to Marcelo's "Loyalty Benefits" offer. We then switched to Unlimited Freedom (with the Free HD add-on that Sprint originally wanted $20/month per line for.... remember that?) because the pricing was better with "iPhone for Life", vs. the "Loyalty Credit" for staying on a Legacy Plan. After that, I ran the numbers and switched us over to Sprint MAX, especially for the international travel benefits. There's absolutely no reason for us to switch to Go5G Plus or Go5G Next if we're going to do BYOD by purchasing from Apple/Samsung/Google directly as we've been doing. These new plans aren't priced for current customers to switch to. They're priced for new customers, where they throw in a free line, etc. It's gone from "Uncarrier" to "Carrier". What a shame.
    • Strange business model that they keep around all these pricing plans. 1000s of plans per carrier is reportedly not uncommon.  Training customer support must be a nightmare. Even MVNOs have legacy plans. A downside of their contract mentality I guess. Best to change contracts during a recession. But then all carriers try to squeeze out legacy plan benefits as they grow old.  
    • Everything "Uncarrier" is becoming "Carrier" again. Because of the Credit Limit that T-Mobile put on our account for no reason at all (and wouldn't change/update the last time I checked all the way up to the CEO), I don't plan on buying/upgrading our iPhones through T-Mobile. I'm going through Apple directly. Looks like I'll be going through Google and Samsung directly for our other lines for upgrades. Also, we're staying on Sprint Max given the ridiculous pricing for Go5G Plus. On Sprint Max, we currently pay for our Plan: $260 for 7 Voice Lines $25 for two Wearable Lines. (One is $10/Month. The other is $15/Month because the AutoPay discount only applies up to 8 lines.) Total: $285/Month vs. Go5G Plus (Per the Broadband Facts "nutrition label" on the T-Mobile Website): https://www.t-mobile.com/commerce/cell-phone-plans $360 - ($5 AutoPay Discount x 7 Voice Lines) = $325 The Watch Plans show as either $12/Month or $15/Month: https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/affordable-data-plans/smartwatches So this is about the same for the wearables as what we're paying now. Overall, it's quite more than we're paying now to switch plans. Ridiculous....