Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Thanks for the confirmation (and in the other thread, too).

I'll still try to get better pics with the better zoom lens (this was shot with a 250mm - I'll have my 300mm tomorrow).

I thought they were pretty good.

No signs of LTE life from the 2nd Cottleville site yet.

Sigh...

I think somewhere there is a True North crew member who worked on the Motherhead site laying in bed thinking to himself "I know I forgot to do something. oh well... "

There is no more adding to WiMax. If there's working going on at a Clear site, it's LTE.

Just after Dellwood was completed(feels like so long ago) I talked to a crew working on Clearwire at Parker and 367. They were in an Ericsson Truck. Also just before the Collinsville site was completed there was Clear work going on.

Edit: Went through my old pics. This is the work that was happening at Parker/367

8632975017_11ea873d4a_o_d.jpg

Assuming Samsung is doing the RRU swap, those are not the LTE versions. 

So not even the first pic is of LTE? I thought you said they were no longer doing work on wimax.....

So not even the first pic is of LTE? I thought you said they were no longer doing work on wimax.....

Perhaps it was repairs. They're not adding any more WiMax. But they are committed to running the network to at least 2015. So, if you see new Clear sites, they will be 100% LTE, but it's possible there could be maintenance going on at a Clear site for WiMax, just like maintenance is still going on on legacy Sprint sites.

Tim's already got the Clear LTE RRU spotting thread going. Take a good look at those, and how they're not the same as the ones in your pics. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4344-how-to-spot-sprint-td-lte-antennas-rrus-samsung/&do=findComment&comment=178436 or just look up this page a bit  :wall:

I just wanted to let all of you know that after further examination and discussion with Robert, one of the sites we have listed at Ranken Tech does not exist. It will be removed from the map. Technically this bumps up our percentage...lol.

• Like 2

I just wanted to let all of you know that after further examination and discussion with Robert, one of the sites we have listed at Ranken Tech does not exist. It will be removed from the map. Technically this bumps up our percentage...lol.

Yyyyeeeesssssss...

What is our current %?

What is our current %?

Haven't done one in a while since the majority of acceptances have been 3G acceptances on sites that were already 4G. Didn't want to show the snail pace over the last 3 or 4 weeks.

92/768 3G Complete-12%

76/768 4G(and 3G/4G) Complete-9.9%

69/768 In Progress-9%

30/768 RRU Up-3.9%

MO Market NV Complete- 21.9%

Map and sheet are current as of 7/29/2013

First post, I saw you guys talking about St Charles county being slow, but from what I can tell there's no work that's been done in Franklin county at all.

Anyway, I lurk here a lot, if anyone needs a site to be confirmed in Franklin county or nearby, let me know. I have an EVO LTE.

First post, I saw you guys talking about St Charles county being slow, but from what I can tell there's no work that's been done in Franklin county at all.

Anyway, I lurk here a lot, if anyone needs a site to be confirmed in Franklin county or nearby, let me know. I have an EVO LTE.

There are 2 3G accepted sites in Franklin County.

Well that's something I suppose. But we don't really have the congestion issues here like you guys do in the city so 3g upgrades are meh. I'm gonna be greedy and want moor gees! Where were the 2 upgrades?

Edited by Moses23

Well that's something I suppose. But we don't really have the congestion issues here like you guys do in the city so 3g upgrades are meh. I'm gonna be greedy and want moor gees! Where were the 2 upgrades?

Well the 3G upgrade means that the NV equipment is installed and generally speaking is waiting on backhaul for 4G. 

I'm still kind of in shock that a TD-LTE site is going in about a quarter mile from my house. :D

LOL I would just like a reliable 3G site to be within 2 miles of my house...   :wacko:

• Like 1

Sprint and Clearwire on the same tower 100 yards from the apartment. Was stoked then remembered I just use Wimax at home

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

LOL I would just like a reliable 3G site to be within 2 miles of my house...   :wacko:

I was happy yesterday when a LTE site went down near work.  I got my 3-4 megabits back...they fixed it overnight and my LTE is back to almost no speeds.  I'd take a reliable 1x site ;)

• Like 1