Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

One less site to mess with.. And one step closer and ready for the crew to remove legacy equipment from the site.

So, when the crews come back to remove legacy equipment, will they be able to flip on the 800? Or can they do all of that remotely?

So, when the crews come back to remove legacy equipment, will they be able to flip on the 800? Or can they do all of that remotely?

Their work order probably has nothing to do with the NV cabinets. So they won't touch them. Hopefully they don't start removing legacy too soon as we noticed pretty much a 95% work stoppage on any new RRUs installed in our market when this started. I haven't gone to look at any sites this month due to this.

They can turn it on remotely but they will not. Someone has to be there to test it and do the ever so important 911 testing. This is just like the 4g sites converting to 3g/4g.

My question is, what is required for them to turn on 800? You would think that once a site is lte active and legacy has been removed, there would be no problem turning on 800. The rrus, cabinets, and antennas are already in place, so it shouldn't be too hard. I mean I guess they would have to have it tested and approved to be accepted. But I just never understood why so few sites are 800 accepted (outside of the Chicago market, of course). Sorry, this is a little bit off topic.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My question is, what is required for them to turn on 800? You would think that once a site is lte active and legacy has been removed, there would be no problem turning on 800. The rrus, cabinets, and antennas are already in place, so it shouldn't be too hard. I mean I guess they would have to have it tested and approved to be accepted. But I just never understood why so few sites are 800 accepted (outside of the Chicago market, of course). Sorry, this is a little bit off topic.

The million hertz question there.. 800 of them. No idea. I can understand the need to wait to fire up several sites in one area to prevent creating fringe areas but this isn't even happening in areas where all adjacent cells are NV 3g/4g.

The million hertz question there.. 800 of them. No idea. I can understand the need to wait to fire up several sites in one area to prevent creating fringe areas but this isn't even happening in areas where all adjacent cells are NV 3g/4g.

Yeah I see what you are saying there. I guess I'm just getting a little bit excited and impatient seeing the Chicago market have like every site 800 accepted and there are so few anywhere else.

Yeah I see what you are saying there. I guess I'm just getting a little bit excited and impatient seeing the Chicago market have like every site 800 accepted and there are so few anywhere else.

Samsung (and Shentel) is the only one so far to deploy 800 en masse. Samsung, of course covers the Chicago, Minnesota, and Ohio markets (to name a few) where there is a significant amount of 800. Why Ericsson and Acaltel Lucent can't get 800 moving... who knows.

I've been told a 2nd company yanks the old gear out and handles scrapping it.

Central IL Market has a few 800SMR sites...Actually there is one in Vandalia which isnt that far.

The other is just outside Rushville and Beardstown. I connect to that tower the majority of the time. Makes for headaches as no other tower in the area has been upgraded leading to dropped calls. I'm on the edge of the upgraded cell and where the Rushville tower picks up. Just hope that when they turn on 800 they do more than one tower here and there.

I've been told a 2nd company yanks the old gear out and handles scrapping it.

That hasn't been the case from what I have seen. Only so many folks know what they are doing up there and not to fool with or mess up the other equipment. Think about it.

That hasn't been the case from what I have seen. Only so many folks know what they are doing up there and not to fool with or mess up the other equipment. Think about it.

That's what I thought too but was still told another company will remove the old equipment.

That's what I thought too but was still told another company will remove the old equipment.

On the ground maybe and with the nextel stuff that could hold true since it was in those bunkers.

Anyone up for a S4GRU sponsorship moneybomb? 

I'll donate $5 for every LTE acceptance in the Missouri Market this week.

• Like 1

I had to take my wife's car in for an emissions check at Lou Fusz Nissan and walked to a Flagpole site instead of waiting around watching stupid CNN. The flagpole site was on Pavilion Dr. & Old Olive St. Road.

I found a permit tube and some other goodies waiting for me... I really should circle back and open the tube and check out the information.  :D

tcjKUNz.jpg

Id1DGdm.jpg

Xr8LKCF.jpg

OPMhY6D.jpg

3u97lXV.jpg

LlW5alZ.jpg

Edited by sbolen

I had to take my wife's car in for an emissions check at Lou Fusz Nissan and walked to a Flagpole site instead of waiting around watching stupid CNN. The flagpole site was on Pavilion Dr. & Old Olive St. Road.

I found a permit tube and some other goodies waiting for me... I really should circle back and open the tube and check out the information.  :D

Photo%20Jul%2029%2C%208%2057%2039%20AM.j

Photo%20Jul%2029%2C%208%2056%2020%20AM.j

Photo%20Jul%2029%2C%208%2056%2025%20AM.j

Photo%20Jul%2029%2C%208%2056%2040%20AM.j

Photo%20Jul%2029%2C%208%2056%2055%20AM.j

Photo%20Jul%2029%2C%208%2057%2012%20AM.j

Pics didnt work dude.