Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Does anyone have any updates on the existing Joplin towers with panels which are not broadcasting LTE yet?

I don't think we have any additional information. Which towers have panels but aren't broadcasting? It's probably a backhaul issue. ( We can discuss site specifics in this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/530-network-vision-site-map-arkansas-kansas-missouri-oklahoma-markets/page-51&do=findComment&comment=165848) :tu:

I see no LTE at Chesterfield Mall, but Cheeseburger Cheeseburger is good

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Someone on the roof messing with you guys! Don't think I would have bothered checking such a weak signal as it could have been 10 miles away.

I would say that there would be a majority of the St. Louis Metro covered within a few months. The permit for the site near the Rock Road and 170 was issued on 2/20/2013 and needs to be completed by August 20th.

That would be outstanding!

That's the plan.

Thanks!

Have you guys seen what we call the "donut" coverage from sites?  Ironically the first one we saw like this was located behind a Krispy Kreme.   Basically you are driving along and boom you get hand off into a new serving cell.  In my testing you have to get handed off, cycling airplane won't get you on this site as they are in some sort of test mode.  You find this new serving cell and see -110 signal and start driving towards it, then once you get to about -95 or so it kicks you off.  No matter what you do, you can't pull that -70ish signal. 

Have you guys seen what we call the "donut" coverage from sites?  Ironically the first one we saw like this was located behind a Krispy Kreme.   Basically you are driving along and boom you get hand off into a new serving cell.  In my testing you have to get handed off, cycling airplane won't get you on this site as they are in some sort of test mode.  You find this new serving cell and see -110 signal and start driving towards it, then once you get to about -95 or so it kicks you off.  No matter what you do, you can't pull that -70ish signal. 

We don't have a whole lot of overlapping coverage yet. Just 2 areas that I can think of. We do have another Red Stick. One of our Red Sticks started broadcasting last week. And that week another was accepted that isn't broadcasting. Kind of frustrating especially the Kirkwood flagpole site since we can't even tell if it has actually been upgraded. Tons of RRU's up with no acceptances too. 25 actually. Another frustrating thing is the only 3G acceptances on the Illinois side. I want 800smr and LTE!

I had really strong 3G speeds last night at Urban Chestnut in Midtown. I was able to upload rather large photos to Flickr at full size in about a quarter of the time it takes me at home.

We don't have a whole lot of overlapping coverage yet. Just 2 areas that I can think of. We do have another Red Stick. One of our Red Sticks started broadcasting last week. And that week another was accepted that isn't broadcasting. Kind of frustrating especially the Kirkwood flagpole site since we can't even tell if it has actually been upgraded. Tons of RRU's up with no acceptances too. 25 actually. Another frustrating thing is the only 3G acceptances on the Illinois side. I want 800smr and LTE!

You can't handle 800smr and LTE!

• Like 1

Overlapping coverage? What's that? Is that where you are supposed to hold a signal between adjacent sites? I renamed our city to Eltee Isles :)

Overlapping coverage? What's that? Is that where you are supposed to hold a signal between adjacent sites? I renamed our city to Eltee Isles :)

I mean most of the sites are not close enought to each other to experience that. I am sure if I was over in the city more often i might have experienced that but I am rarely inside the 270 loop.

Sorry for the delay.

My daughter and I were at a park  nearby and decided to search for this tower.

I was really close but without the instructions from this post couldn't remember exactly where the tower was in the Ballwin Area.

I know where it is now so next time I'm out there I'll grab some pics.

That being said I was picking up a very strong 4G Signal.  I went down Ries road towards Manchester and pretty much had 4G the whole way.  I even picked up the 4G at the Quiktrip at Manchester/Ries Road.

So next time I'm there I'll get Sensorly on and get some better information for you guys.

Edited by JKFWEB