Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Sorry, I guess I held the phone sideways. 

Yeah, stuff looks old with weeds and vines growing up everywhere.  No sign of any fiber or recent digging. 

Tower looks like it came from a RadioShack closeout sale in 1930.  It does have the pretty little static disipaters on top, though. 

This is Jefferson City, MO.  State's capital city will probably be a while before we get any Sprint LTE.  3G is so slow most of the time.  Frequent time outs when trying to use web services. 

Bacj on EV-DO at work for the first time in months and ping 3x normal

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Im back on EPHRD at work now with normal pings. LTE stops about 2 blocks from work from the Cottleville sit that's live already,.

Yep just need that tower on towers road to be next *crosses fingers*

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Hey can you grab HEX SCID from the Buccheit site? I think you are the only st chuck guy with HTC/iPhone.

The Airave won't affect LTE.  You are just losing the LTE connection, I've used an Airave with LTE with no issues before.  Kind of pointless though because if you can get LTE from the site you can damn sure get 1X from the site.

617 megs of waste...  Speedtests are worthless except for troubleshooting a site issue. 

I've actually been experimenting with speed related to signal strength and seeing what approx speeds it can get at the fringe vs near the tower.

I've actually been experimenting with speed related to signal strength and seeing what approx speeds it can get at the fringe vs near the tower.

It's wasting bandwidth is all it is doing, other people could actually use it for meaningful purposes.  Signal strength is not the only key to things.  SNR and signal quality.  A strong signal doesn't always mean it is a good signal.  Someone yelling in your ear with bullhorn is a strong signal but not very useful.  Put 10 people across the street with bullhorns all yelling at the same time.  Strong signals but you can't hear a thing. 

Good for you. Use the hell out of it. You are paying for it right? Who cares what others think.

• Like 2

Good for you. Use the hell out of it. You are paying for it right? Who cares what others think.

Thanks.  If the LTE network was overburdened (like 3G is) and I was torrenting/tethering/etc I would feel bad....but theres more than enough bandwidth to go around here so it doesn't bother me.  It's new to me so I'm testing things out for myself and learning in the process.

It's not like there's a reservoir of bandwidth that can be drained out during the night leaving none for others the next day.

• Like 1

The Airave won't affect LTE.  You are just losing the LTE connection, I've used an Airave with LTE with no issues before.  Kind of pointless though because if you can get LTE from the site you can damn sure get 1X from the site.

I see what you mean. The signal is so bad at house. I don't think the cell site would beat out the Airrave.

Right. Bandwidth and spectrum is unlimited in St Louis. Sorry for the misunderstanding for the special market. I will let you guys continue your journey on the the small yellow motor coach.

Why would you say that to confuse some folks in this forum? Even though Sprint doesn't have as many subscribers as the big 2 all those little month by month carriers are running off of Sprints sites. Whether you believe it or not study their maps and then study Sprints. Same. Same. Same. So actually there is heavy loads on the small yellow motor coach.

Right. Bandwidth and spectrum is unlimited in St Louis. Sorry for the misunderstanding for the special market. I will let you guys continue your journey on the the small yellow motor coach.

Why would you say that to confuse some folks in this forum? Even though Sprint doesn't have as many subscribers as the big 2 all those little month by month carriers are running off of Sprints sites. Whether you believe it or not study their maps and then study Sprints. Same. Same. Same. So actually there is heavy loads on the small yellow motor coach.

I believe you missed the content of my post. Also the vehicle is not Sprint in my post. Hint: this one is shorter than most of them and has seat belts when the others do not. Please tell the driver to clean the windows when you guys are done with the vehicle. I will be waiting at the end of your journey.

I believe you missed the content of my post. Also the vehicle is not Sprint in my post. Hint: this one is shorter than most of them and has seat belts when the others do not. Please tell the driver to clean the windows when you guys are done with the vehicle. I will be waiting at the end of your journey.

Well now that I know what reference you were making, good job.