Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

There's a guy up on the Flushing Meadows tower in Des Peres, and the ropes are up. Kind of cool, they were hoisting up a small cylinder as I drove by. I got over 20Mbps sitting at the light next to the tower, my guess is they have 30M back haul.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wonder what they are doing to it now.  :o

As for 30M backhaul....check my recent post where I pulled 33mbps download there last night ;)

No need to go old school if you guys have a network(dynamic) KML of the sites.  Pull it up straight in Google Maps on your phone.  You'll have the different markers right there in the map app.  Now if you have a Samsung device you can split screen the LTE engineering screen with google maps, then combine that with the LTE Discovery app running in "cycle when not connected to LTE" and you've got a mean lean LTE hunting machine!  Plus Sensorly running map trip in the background and it's all hands free. 

If you are interested in the KML, I can host one next to the map.  Here's a screen shot if you are curious: 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page-160?p=159304&do=findComment&comment=159304

lilg740 has a KML setup. And as far as the split screen i dont think the GNex was given that feature. I cant wait to get a Note III

I wonder what they are doing to it now.  :o

As for 30M backhaul....check my recent post where I pulled 33mbps download there last night ;)

The max for the sector is about 37 megabits if I remember correctly.  Fastest I've seen is about 35.  I remember hearing on the investors calls that they were using 100 meg scalable fiber on most sites.  Overselling the 100 megabit fiber of course a bit.  But at least it is scalable without having to run more wire/fiber.

• Like 1

lilg740 has a KML setup. And as far as the split screen i dont think the GNex was given that feature. I cant wait to get a Note III

Good...  just punch the address in the Search box in the google maps and it will pull up the sites with all of their info.  As long as it is dynamic it will change as he updates the map.

Good...  just punch the address in the Search box in the google maps and it will pull up the sites with all of their info.  As long as it is dynamic it will change as he updates the map.

Yea we're still trying to fill in his data sheet. That is a good tool to have. Thank you Google.

No need to go old school if you guys have a network(dynamic) KML of the sites.  Pull it up straight in Google Maps on your phone.  You'll have the different markers right there in the map app.  Now if you have a Samsung device you can split screen the LTE engineering screen with google maps, then combine that with the LTE Discovery app running in "cycle when not connected to LTE" and you've got a mean lean LTE hunting machine!  Plus Sensorly running map trip in the background and it's all hands free. 

If you are interested in the KML, I can host one next to the map.  Here's a screen shot if you are curious: 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page-160?p=159304&do=findComment&comment=159304

Discovery doesn't work on GNex....unfortunately....

Hey, mine was free....and Sprint even threw in an extended battery for free.

I bought mine off Craigslist. The screen was messed up from the previous owner texting on it 24/7. i didnt notice that til a couple hours later and the guy wouldnt meet up with me to give me my money back (wasnt expecting it but tried). Luckily the warranty was still on the phone so Sprint swapped it out cause the volume rocker went bad also. So i have a refurb that works like a brand new one.

• Like 1

I bought mine off Craigslist. The screen was messed up from the previous owner texting on it 24/7. i didnt notice that til a couple hours later and the guy wouldnt meet up with me to give me my money back (wasnt expecting it but tried). Luckily the warranty was still on the phone so Sprint swapped it out cause the volume rocker went bad also. So i have a refurb that works like a brand new one.

How much did Sprint charge you for the in-warranty swap?

If you have TEP it is $0 - without TEP you pay $50.

I thought it was $35....did they raise it? I always complain about it to chat rep and get a bill credit anyways.

I thought it was $35....did they raise it? I always complain about it to chat rep and get a bill credit anyways.

The few times I've had to get phone replaced (happened with my OG EVO and EVO LTE), I didn't have to pay anything. I was also paying TEP at the time though, in the end it was worth it.

I got a good picture of the rru's and the 2 guys installing them up top if the tower in Cottleville on 94. I will post after work. I may take anither after work shiwing the panel better if I can do it without being a traffic hazard. The panel is blocked by the guy s and tower structure.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There's a guy up on the Flushing Meadows tower in Des Peres, and the ropes are up. Kind of cool, they were hoisting up a small cylinder as I drove by. I got over 20Mbps sitting at the light next to the tower, my guess is they have 30M back haul.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I saw the ropes up when I just drove by 15 mins ago.  4G was still active.  There was a guy on the 2nd from the top platform.  Not sure exactly what that's related to though.

I got a good picture of the rru's and the 2 guys installing them up top if the tower in Cottleville on 94. I will post after work. I may take anither after work shiwing the panel better if I can do it without being a traffic hazard. The panel is blocked by the guy s and tower structure.

I hope they finish that one quick and move to other St Chuck Co ones.

Where's the pic?

I thought the back pc had a sd card slot but it doesn't . The ones that do are not on the network.