Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I'll be there at the game tomorrow too. I have an HTC Evo LTE. I can't even get strong enough 3G service in the building to update Twitter. Do you have this problem as well?

Haven't been to Downtown since I started on here. But with those new sites hopefully something gives.

That's what I was getting at. If someone can confirm NV Panels or RRU I can update the sheet.

Drove over today unfortunately the covers are back on and you can't see the cabinets due to the fences.

I am now a bit confused who's tower it is. If you look up the FCC tower ID number it comes back T-mobile, but other info I have access to says its Sprint's.

If any sponsors know for sure I asked about it over here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/530-network-vision-site-map-arkansas-kansas-missouri-oklahoma-markets/page__view__findpost__p__133052

in

Network Vision Site Map - Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma Markets

My Evo LTE had no problem getting a strong enough signal....the problem was that it had no bandwidth. I can rarely send/receive texts through google voice at a game.

I can't get a signal at any of our three stadiums (stadii?). I usually get pretty jealous of the folks with devices on other carriers who are able to send/receive messages, surf, etc.

It'll get better soon, I hope.

I know when they were in the initial phase of changing equipment in the Chicago market, it was very common to have problems like you guys are experiencing. It will get better over time.

I know being in that building absolutely decimates my battery....

Absolutely. I always had to charge my phone to 100% before going down there all season (season ticket holder) but finally, last week I just decided it's better to turn data off. Because during play I don't use it, I mainly tried to use it during intermissions. So turning the data off saves a lot of battery for me because it's not constantly trying to search for, and keep, the 3G signal. When I just put it in my pocket all game and send a few texts to friends or whatever, it'd be down to 60% use with minimal use during the game. And that's just 3 hours time!

My dad has the old HTC Evo 3D, and Thursday night he was able to get enough bandwidth to check yahoo sports for the NFL draft picks, yet I couldn't even refresh twitter. We were right next to each other, same stock phone settings (neither of us are rooted or anything), same Sprint service, yet he got some service and I didn't. Sigh. I just hope that when LTE makes it down there permanently, I'll at least be able to use that and be able to check Twitter or NHL Gamecentre! Sometimes I miss my old Evo because at least it got WiMax :unsure:

• Like 1

DAS systems have to be deployed. To my understanding the only carrier in the Scottrade DAS right now is VZW, and the only ones on the DAS at Busch are AT&T and US Cellular.

Nothing of importance to note on my trip to DT STL....fastest speed test was 800k by mlk bridge....in 400 section penthouse suite it was about 70k

Haha, nice Blues penthouse suite drop there ;) I'd be curious to see what I could pull in on a speed test inside Scottrade on 3G, but I can't even connect to 3G long enough to complete it.

Haha, nice Blues penthouse suite drop there ;) I'd be curious to see what I could pull in on a speed test inside Scottrade on 3G, but I can't even connect to 3G long enough to complete it.

One of the best things about the suites....power outlets....

Does being connected to AC adapter provide better 3G or something? Or just that you didn't drain your battery all game?

:P

Just for the battery.....easier to let your phone try to load a page for 20 mins when you know you won't leave the game with a dead phone.

Does being connected to AC adapter provide better 3G or something? Or just that you didn't drain your battery all game?

I wish but like I was saying....scottrade drains battery and I was checking the scores of the other games constantly so my battery usually dies before the 3rd period and i didnt bring my extra battery so ya the outlet saved me and kept me up to date on the la game til i got home.

I wish but like I was saying....scottrade drains battery and I was checking the scores of the other games constantly so my battery usually dies before the 3rd period and i didnt bring my extra battery so ya the outlet saved me and kept me up to date on the la game til i got home.

I was actually able to pull up Gamecentre during the second period a couple times, so I left my 3G going. By the time the game was over my battery was down to 42%! Phew.

Once I take a look at that excel doc I'll see if I am in a good area to keep an eye on any of the western stl towers.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

What part of STL are you in?

Do you know if you were on eHRPD or EVDO?

Not sure. I'm on an iPhone 4S. Speedtests had me 1.2Mbps, which is like 100x what it was prior to the NV updates...

Good news I drove from STL to Southwest Missouri via Highway 44. I was able to get LTE signals on and off at least three different towers/locations from basically between Marshfield, MO and Waynesville, MO. None of these sites are on Sensorly. I was able to get LTE from mile marker 118 to 123 (near Phillipsburgh). Then again from mile marker 136 to 143 (near Sleeper, MO) and then again from 147 to 150 (Richland exit). Fastest speed test was 24 up and 7 down. I was able to get the serving cell data this time if anyone is interested I could email it to David or someone else to post.

• Like 1

Good news I drove from STL to Southwest Missouri via Highway 44. I was able to get LTE signals on and off at least three different towers/locations from basically between Marshfield, MO and Waynesville, MO. None of these sites are on Sensorly. I was able to get LTE from mile marker 118 to 123 (near Phillipsburgh). Then again from mile marker 136 to 143 (near Sleeper, MO) and then again from 147 to 150 (Richland exit). Fastest speed test was 24 up and 7 down. I was able to get the serving cell data this time if anyone is interested I could email it to David or someone else to post.

Thanks for the confirmation! All of those sites you listed have been reported by S4GRU and they are also included in my spreadsheet. If you become a sponsor you can have access to all of this wonderful information! You can send the serving cell info to me and I will update the sheet!

Thanks

Saint Chuck. But soon I may be driving to down town for work.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Let me know if you want access to edit the sheet. I'd love some help from St. Charles Co.