Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

• 2 weeks later...

My speeds are always backwards 2-4 Mbps down and 12 -14 up. Would love it if they would just flip. I am in Western Mass btw in West Springfield. Once I get east of Springfield in the towns between Spfld and Worcestor it is slow as hell 3g and zero LTE. I can use LTE on the pike west almost all the way into Lee. And if I go into CT is back to abysmal 3g and zero LTE.

I live in 01719 Boxborough MA. And there is no 4g. Yet for a stretch of maybe 4 miles on the highway there is. Why that is, is beyond me.

Does anyone know what Sprints plans are for rolling out 4g in MA?

I don't want to sound rude but I'm about to switch carriers because of the slow 3g and lack of 4g.

Anyways thanks for the help.

:)

Edited by jarablue

I live in 01719 Boxborough MA. And there is no 4g. Yet for a stretch of maybe 4 miles on the highway there is. Why that is, is beyond me.

I don't want to sound rude but I'm about to switch carriers because of the slow 3g and lack of 4g.

There are hundreds of lte sites in mass and more are completed every week. The premier sponsor section has maps that tell estimated completion dates for the sites. There is lte around you in Westboro and framingham for example but the rollout order can seem haphazard. The availability of the fiber or aav etc and local permits effect this quite a bit. If you can wait a bit then you will see a huge difference once complete but if you can't wait then you need to find a carrier that suits your needs.

I don't want to sound rude but I'm about to switch carriers because of the slow 3g and lack of 4g...

A majority of MA has been very lucky and received scattered NV upgrades.. the LTE coverage is filling in as time passes. If you make a donation, you can gain access to the sponsor maps and see the progress.. hundreds of sites have been at least partially upgraded. Or, go check out the Sensorly maps for free and look at the Sprint LTE coverage.. not bad considering they've only been working on it for a few months. There is certainly a lot of work remaining, but the Boston market has seen steady progress.

-Mike

Patience is key and deployment is underway.

Become a sponsor like everyone else has mentioned for better access and understanding as to what's going on.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed! Hopefully it's just weather-related.. I figured it would slow down a bit because of that.

This started off as one of the strongest NV markets once the ball started rolling, but progress seems to have trailed off. The active 4G sites near me came within the first few weeks, and haven't had any since. Tons of 3G sites near me have been done for quite awhile, come on backhaul!

-Mike

• Like 1

There seems to have been some adds in the Randolph/Holbrook area, but downtown Boston has been pretty stagnant. I live on the South Shore and there are a few sites yet to be activated that will provide pretty solid, broad coverage for the area, whereas I go in and out frequently now. Can't complain too much, our rollout seems to have been one of the better ones.

Adds as in 4g or 3g?

There seems to have been some adds in the Randolph/Holbrook area, but downtown Boston has been pretty stagnant. I live on the South Shore and there are a few sites yet to be activated that will provide pretty solid, broad coverage for the area, whereas I go in and out frequently now. Can't complain too much, our rollout seems to have been one of the better ones.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I really wish Sprint used a more realistic service threshold on its service maps. Online, the Back Bay is completely covered, but in actuality, there's really only marginally usable service along the boundaries of the neighborhood.

My area was one of the first turned on on that day last summer when they first flipped the switches and my area has been growing out pretty rapidly and steadily.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Its going to take, time. Sprint started to roll out lte very publicly and late there that they first invested on wimax. But it took them about 2 years to get wimax to a point other carriers have their lte networks today.

Unfortunately we started last in this race and we will still come in last, let's just hope they get it right.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am back logged on Boston updates. There are quite a few coming this week.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

I really wish Sprint used a more realistic service threshold on its service maps. Online, the Back Bay is completely covered, but in actuality, there's really only marginally usable service along the boundaries of the neighborhood.

There is a nv site right in back bay that is on top of the back bay expo center. I am pretty sure it is the longest running 3g only nv site.

Once they flip that, back bay should be in much better shape.

Right now back bay is getting 4g from the south end.

I agree with you though... In urban areas it seems like the coverage maps aren't even remotely realistic.

Seeing some new lte just north of burlington mall. Looks like about 5mbps download outside though its still a little inconsistent likely due to ongoing setup/ work. Inside still bouning between 3G. Still progress none the less. I did run sensorly though it doesnt look like the data made its way onto the map yet.

Edited by SteaminLoaf
  • Like 2

I think there are probably a few sites that are 4g but are not yet accepted because I am getting 4g in a lot of places from Burlington to North Waltham on 128. Also waltham/watertown has LTE. It seems like there is some good progress.

• Like 1