Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

My friend has an HTC One and his wife has the iPhone 5, his phone has never connected to LTE even though it's set to LTE/CDMA and her iPhone connects no problem. Any ideas why this is? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend has an HTC One and his wife has the iPhone 5, his phone has never connected to LTE even though it's set to LTE/CDMA and her iPhone connects no problem. Any ideas why this is? Thanks!

try updating profile and prl however im not sure it will fix it. my wifes htc one connects just fine

One of the houses that back Lakeridge Elementary

I used to live out in that area (spent a lot of time at that reams) and it was terrible for cell reception, from all the carriers really.  I noticed while driving through a few months ago that a cell site went up at the storage units near the corner of 35th and 7200.  I take it from your experience that it's not a Sprint tower.  I am hesitant to think it's a vzw or att since they rarely improve reception (cell density), but I will take a look at my info and see who's tower that is.  If it is vzw or cricket you should have good roaming signal.

Lived there Junior and Senior High, so I know the place. Yep, they have sprint to. They used a airwave or whatever it's called till recently, they get good cell phone on 800 now but the LTE is around 118db. Old Magna doesn't even get LTE next to the mountain. I tried to map it but I don't think it synced

I have just received an Airave from Sprint. If you are getting bad reception (For what ever reason) Sprint has a dedicated number to get a hold of the airave team (Seriously, dont call the customer care, no one ever told them the airave exists) 

On a side note, I had a dream that Sprint bought T-Mobile and I had LTE in Ogden.. It was wonderful, then I woke up. 

I have just received an Airave from Sprint. If you are getting bad reception (For what ever reason) Sprint has a dedicated number to get a hold of the airave team (Seriously, dont call the customer care, no one ever told them the airave exists) 

On a side note, I had a dream that Sprint bought T-Mobile and I had LTE in Ogden.. It was wonderful, then I woke up. 

Speaking of T-Mobile, it appears that new tower in that area servicing magna is....... a T-Mobile tower.  Funny stuff.  You know, if they are just going to end up under sprints wing, maybe switching for 10x10 LTE wouldn't be a bad thing.

Edited by dmplus

try updating profile and prl however im not sure it will fix it. my wifes htc one connects just fine

Tried those updates with no success. His prl is 55017 if that helps at all. Is that the one your wife is on? If so should he go into the sprint store and see what's up?

*EDIT: never mind. We got it figured out thanks.

What's the fastest speeds you guys have been seeing? I got 25 down in Tville but that was at 1230am and with full service. The LTE speeds have not even very promising. But I am still being patient lol ????

Son..who you calling son...son! Sorry, emotion icons are floorguys and from what I've heard I don't want to step on his toes. Haha.

I'm just ready to see fast speeds even on 3G again like I had back in the day.

Man have I gotta rep or what???

:ninja:  :ninja:  :secret:  :secret:  :secret:  :secret:

• Like 1

Speeds have not been extremely impressive but even when I am only able to get 2-3 down and have a -100ish strength I'm still able to stream music you tube etc. True story, digi mentioned a test he did with his house so I tried it. My son is always hitching about speed blah blah for Xbox live etc. So I set the setting of the Xbox to 1.5 up and down for a week he didn't notice then down to 1 up one down. Guess what he still didn't notice. So a few weeks go by and he says something about lag blah blah and I told him about my test. He had nothing to say.... Its all peoples head that they need all this speed to do things. When latency is really a lot more important. Either way I just hope they are back soon to knock out the rest of the sites soon so everyone can enjoy some band 25 and we can start worrying about the other bands.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I just finally caught up with this thread since September. Two things:

1. CSFB problems never delay a LTE ready site from being accepted and turned on. It only delays the market being launched. A market launch does not involve turning on more sites. It just means the minimum amount of sites has been achieved and now they are willing to issue a Press Release to tell everyone. The reason why Sprint will not launch a market until CSFB is resolved, is they don't want Triband device owners to not be able to have LTE service after an announcement.

2. Although it seems to have gotten back on track the past few days, the negative posts and complaints in this thread were crossing the line. We do not host Sprint complaints. If this continues, we may have to close the thread or take disciplinary measures against members. Up to and including account termination. If you get banned for breaking the rules, you do not get a refund. Please do your part to make this a productive and enjoyable thread to read. There are dozens of places to complain about Sprint on the web, but there is only one S4GRU.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Speeds have not been extremely impressive but even when I am only able to get 2-3 down and have a -100ish strength I'm still able to stream music you tube etc. True story, digi mentioned a test he did with his house so I tried it. My son is always hitching about speed blah blah for Xbox live etc. So I set the setting of the Xbox to 1.5 up and down for a week he didn't notice then down to 1 up one down. Guess what he still didn't notice. So a few weeks go by and he says something about lag blah blah and I told him about my test. He had nothing to say.... Its all peoples head that they need all this speed to do things. When latency is really a lot more important. Either way I just hope they are back soon to knock out the rest of the sites soon so everyone can enjoy some band 25 and we can start worrying about the other bands.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I agree, the whole speed debate is kinda silly if you ask me. For what I do on my phone(as well as 90% of the general pop. probably) I don't need the speeds that are being advertised by other carriers. Sure the fast speeds sounds great. Let's be honest and practical..... for the minimal texting, the few downloads/streaming throughout my day, 2 megs down is more than enough. What is someone doing during the day on their cell phone that they need 30-50 meg download speeds? I've got my home network that I can use when I get home at night, in the rare occasion I would need those speeds. I would rather have unlimited data/usage and have the slower speeds that meets my needs and works just fine. What's the use of being with a carrier that advertises 50 down/20 up but your capped every month and not able to use your service without paying more off the top if you go over your monthly allotment?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just finally caught up with this thread since September. Two things:

1. CSFB problems never delay a LTE ready site from being accepted and turned on. It only delays the market being launched. A market launch does not involve turning on more sites. It just means the minimum amount of sites has been achieved and now they are willing to issue a Press Release to tell everyone. The reason why Sprint will not launch a market until CSFB is resolved, is they don't want Triband device owners to not be able to have LTE service after an announcement.

2. Although it seems to have gotten back on track the past few days, the negative posts and complaints in this thread were crossing the line. We do not host Sprint complaints. If this continues, we may have to close the thread or take disciplinary measures against members. Up to and including account termination. If you get banned for breaking the rules, you do not get a refund. Please do your part to make this a productive and enjoyable thread to read. There are dozens of places to complain about Sprint on the web, but there is only one S4GRU.

I am sure there are more things involved with #1...

as with #2......well i am probably 1 of the biggest rule breakers on this matter, and as you called me on (nice going  :ninja:  on me in this one BTW  ;) ) for having a potty mouth...I to will refrain...( I mean there isnt much more to be said...knock on wood)

Ill just explain why I do so here...and then be done

#1 other sympathetic people who live in the area and know EXACTLLY what i am talking about.....makes you feel better when they arent so much a stranger

#2 people who actually could give a clue as to why OR have a fix maybe...(local area reason and all)

#3 no stupid MODs are CSRs telling you some scripted PC line, and not having a FREAKING clue as to what they are saying

#4 no stupid people who just get on the bandwagon for the sake of ripping, or mob type mentality...

ok there ya go....my reasons....

and with that I will be done ranting....

with the exception of something like this...and its more of a question then rant....

has anyone in Ogden called on that 4th street tower???

cuz what is this???    strong sig, yet says no data :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Screenshot_2014-01-04-17-04-18.png

I am sure there are more things involved with #1...

as with #2......well i am probably 1 of the biggest rule breakers on this matter, and as you called me on (nice going :ninja: on me in this one BTW ;) ) for having a potty mouth...I to will refrain...( I mean there isnt much more to be said...knock on wood)

Ill just explain why I do so here...and then be done

#1 other sympathetic people who live in the area and know EXACTLLY what i am talking about.....makes you feel better when they arent so much a stranger

#2 people who actually could give a clue as to why OR have a fix maybe...(local area reason and all)

#3 no stupid MODs are CSRs telling you some scripted PC line, and not having a FREAKING clue as to what they are saying

#4 no stupid people who just get on the bandwagon for the sake of ripping, or mob type mentality...

with the exception of something like this...and its more of a question then rant....

cuz what is this??? strong sig, yet says no data :blink::blink::blink:

I appreciate your reasoning. However, the rules will be equally applied. No more ranting.

As for the question, that is an acceptable post.

I'm not concerned with speed to be honest. I mean my iphone has actually been usable and I can stream stuff I would never be able to do with legacy. It's amazing. As long as we can use our phones without problems who cares about how fast your speed is?

• Like 2

Ranting?  I just want to know if you cornered the poor tower crew upgrading a tower at Nichols field in fruit heights :-)  Since you seem to stumble on pretty much every upgrade going on in davis county :-)

I think I am normally connected to that tower. I'll double check when I get home tonight. 

Maybe, just maybe that tower knows about your rep and its not taking any chances by letting you connect to it? Its scared for its life! 

Ranting?  I just want to know if you cornered the poor tower crew upgrading a tower at Nichols field in fruit heights :-)  Since you seem to stumble on pretty much every upgrade going on in davis county :-)

Naw man Nichols field is other carriers......I just want to get after the sprint ones :twitch:  :twitch:

I think I am normally connected to that tower. I'll double check when I get home tonight. 

Maybe, just maybe that tower knows about your rep and its not taking any chances by letting you connect to it? Its scared for its life! 

You guys are making me laugh....gotta quit reading these things when eating :hee:  :hee:

I wish it meant something but my tower is EHRPD and speed and voice are the same and it's a legacy tower with no upgrades.

Floorguy if you still want to rant with me, I'm on twitter and will more then be glad to rant with you about Ogden.

Floorguy if you still want to rant with me, I'm on twitter and will more then be glad to rant with you about Ogden.

Yes, that would be a more appropriate place. Just don't use #S4GRU or @S4GRU in them. That would be a violation. Our posting guidelines apply to social media too.