Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

When NV is done the quality of the signal of 3g/voice will improve on the 1900 spectrum.  And yes with NV we will see significant improvement with 800 frequency on both voice and LTE.  With that said LTE signal is more fragile than a 3g signal.  So yes the 800 frequency of LTE will help to overcome that issue a bit for building penetration but still the LTE signal is more fragile.  So far i've experienced no issue when I'm in a building with LTE on the 1900 frequency.  So you could see no difference from your previous 3g signal but then again you may.  Obviously there are many factors into the quality of your signal such as downtilt and buildings ect.  So in short LTE signal is more fragile but you may not notice a difference.  Hope that answers your question.

i beleive 800SMR will help with that.? someone correct me if im worng, but i think that after NV is done. service/coverage/ overall quality will be ten time better then what we have now.

thanks for the info guys. that's exactly what i was looking for.

I picked up LTE in a really small area on campus at USU. cell ID was 87. I did the field test mode if anyone needs some more info that I may have screen captured.

One question I have, is that the signal was 3 or 4 bars and then I'd walk 100 ft and it would revert to the 3G with 5 bars. It's like my phone wants to revert to 3g when I feel there is probably an lte signal. Is that common?

Edited by Rickybobby26

Bars are not an indicator of lte strength. Could you post screen shot?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Actually with the iPhone the bars actually do tell you the LTE strength when connected to LTE.  It doesn't for any other phone but for some reason the iPhone is programed so that it will show you the strength of LTE in the bars.

That is the tower in hyrum your connected to. Also your screen shot indicates a 107 connection strength (there is a tech term but it escapes me at the moment) which I believe for lte is pushing it to be a use able connection. FYI this info is available to sponsors in the Utah nv progress map thread ....link is in my signature.

• Like 1

Actually with the iPhone the bars actually do tell you the LTE strength when connected to LTE.  It doesn't for any other phone but for some reason the iPhone is programed so that it will show you the strength of LTE in the bars.

thats pretty sweet... i had a feeling it did! thanks for the confirmation!

I woke up to my iphone saying "searching" with no service. I'm at about 3900s and 800w ish. I wonder if it's my phone or a cell tower is being worked on...

Drive by the towers over at Atherton Storage and see what's going on.  That's the closest tower to you correct?

There is also a tower on 3900S and about 1000W but I think that one is verizon's

Edited by dmplus

Hi all, on the sensorly map it looks like 4gLTE has been seen up by the U campus.  I am going to the game tomorrow night.  Does anyone know if the signal is to be had in the football stadium?  I will report on this if noone responds.

My patience is thinning in this whole process.  My usual speeds I can expect if anything from sprint is as follows on 3G around town on speedtest.net app:

0.05 MBPS down and 0.03 MBPS up.  I have a screenshot of this and I look at it sometimes and wonder why I spend so much for such crappy service.  Voice works great but data on 3G is oversold for capacity.  It blows!

post-24754-0-30985700-1377711143_thumb.png

I want to change to Verizon in a bad way.  I have an ipad with verizon LTE and  I consistantly get 20+ down and 5+ up all over the state.  Only problem is it is metered but at least it works which can't be said for sprint in the last 8 years we have been with them.

Sitting on the corner of 2100 South/1300 East having lunch. My phone just switched to 4G with full bars...ran speed test and had a 500 ms ping time, the down was 1200 megs and the up wouldn't run and kept coming up with server errors. I only had 4g for just a few mins, and now it's switched back to 3g. Looks there working on something and lte is near.

Sitting on the corner of 2100 South/1300 East having lunch. My phone just switched to 4G with full bars...ran speed test and had a 500 ms ping time, the down was 1200 megs and the up wouldn't run and kept coming up with server errors. I only had 4g for just a few mins, and now it's switched back to 3g. Looks there working on something and lte is near.

you should always look at and get a screen shot of your lte engineering screen it helps people see what's going on with the situation your having at that moment otherwise they just have to speculate.

Is that ##DEBUG# off my phone to get the engineering screen? I have signal check pro app, doesn't that give the same info? I've tried to paste screen shots of speed tests on here on previous posts and I've never figured out how to attach the screen shot. How do I attach a screen shot on a post on here? I'm out and about with my job all over the valley and check for lte frequently, and I'll post engineering screen shots when I run across new areas.

Yes that's the screen shot we need to see. I use tap talk which is a breeze to post pics and screen shots with.

Hi all, on the sensorly map it looks like 4gLTE has been seen up by the U campus.  I am going to the game tomorrow night.  Does anyone know if the signal is to be had in the football stadium?  I will report on this if noone responds.

My patience is thinning in this whole process.  My usual speeds I can expect if anything from sprint is as follows on 3G around town on speedtest.net app:

0.05 MBPS down and 0.03 MBPS up.  I have a screenshot of this and I look at it sometimes and wonder why I spend so much for such crappy service.  Voice works great but data on 3G is oversold for capacity.  It blows!

attachicon.gifphoto.PNG

I want to change to Verizon in a bad way.  I have an ipad with verizon LTE and  I consistantly get 20+ down and 5+ up all over the state.  Only problem is it is metered but at least it works which can't be said for sprint in the last 8 years we have been with them.

the only thing we can say is that its coming.

Ok well, i had a free day...had to run a few errands, so i got the map on my phone and a way I went...

for Goober...be patient because it is coming in a big way, if what i came across today is any clue...

3 different subs I ran into today on my journeys...1 of them said...from his company anyway...more crews are on their way out here to work on towers...(hanging rru's) they are contracted for 300....

another sub is just finishing up backhaul work on their 120 sites....and says they just landed more for this area...

18 total towers.....in north davis and south weber counties....

if you are a donor you will be happy....if not...drop a few dollars and become 1...

boys it is coming, and is coming fast (or as fast as the subs can get it done....)

ok over to the member forum to post details, so he can update the map.....

8 sites with rru confirmed.... :lol:  oh and i think if i can read my notes right....all with back haul in, or coming in

• Like 3

ok ill post a few pics here....

this one tower had well....uh you be the judge

20130828_113636.jpg

everyone and their dog was at this site

20130828_113803.jpg

soooo here is a sprint only tower...no rru...but a new cab???

20130828_130734.jpg

it was a pretty fun day I must say.....

though.....i may need to order a telephoto lens for my phone....

whew photographer i am not...and i hope sox can pick out the rru.....cuz it is hard to get in the right spot

ohhhh 1 more thing i posted in the other forum....

seems sprints antennas are usually top of the tower....which usually has the cat walk...

which means no extra equip......due to having cat walks....

because they are NOT allowed to walk on the supports if there is no cat walk.....

should make it easy and quick

ohhh 1 other thing....

these radio/antennas, are 1900, 800mhz.....he wasnt sure if they were 2500...  but i would imagine so

too sick. thanks for this excitement! totally turned my POS day around :tu: