Just checked my iPhone for an update and it went from 51086 to 51087.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Try typing ##873283# into the dial pad then hit the call button. Wait a minute or so and your PRL should be updated. Mine is at 60687.

 Sent via Forum Runner on my redsn0w iOS 5.1 iPhone 4 

Got the update too but I am unsure. I wish someone would pull the prl from the Nexus to see if it has roaming with Metro PCS LTE

Uhhh, no roaming with metro pcs lte or anyone else's lte for that matter.

• Like 1

Try typing ##873283# into the dial pad then hit the call button. Wait a minute or so and your PRL should be updated. Mine is at 60687.

That's odd mine didn't update to 60687. Perhaps it's because I'm still on 5.0.1? (can't update or I lose my JB)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That's odd mine didn't update to 60687. Perhaps it's because I'm still on 5.0.1? (can't update or I lose my JB)
That's probably it. I don't think we're going to have to wait much longer for 5.1 to be untethered though.

That's probably it. I don't think we're going to have to wait much longer for 5.1 to be untethered though.

Hopefully not. I have 2 iPhone's to update to 5.1 for others, but just waiting for the untether.

Hopefully not. I have 2 iPhone's to update to 5.1 for others' date=' but just waiting for the untether.[/quote']

Odds are it's taking a while because there technically is an untethered 5.1 JB out there, however I'm thinking their exploit can't be made public since it required an apple dev account. Same thing happened with the 5.0.1 4S JB. We'll get it in due time.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Odds are it's taking a while because there technically is an untethered 5.1 JB out there' date=' however I'm thinking their exploit can't be made public since it required an apple dev account. Same thing happened with the 5.0.1 4S JB. We'll get it in due time.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner[/quote']

My old 3Gs is the best for jailbreaks. Limerain has made it untethered for life. :)

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

I updated both my Epic 4G and my wife's Epic 4G Touch after seeing this post. Big help for us in the signal department. We live in the south Chicago area where they have been struggling with the NV rollout and our coverage has been horrible the last few weeks.

My old 3Gs is the best for jailbreaks. Limerain has made it untethered for life. :)
It's because the 3GS has a certain boot rom that makes every jailbreak untethered.

I updated both my Epic 4G and my wife's Epic 4G Touch after seeing this post. Big help for us in the signal department. We live in the south Chicago area where they have been struggling with the NV rollout and our coverage has been horrible the last few weeks.
It's still meh for me even with the update. Glad it's gotten better for you!

It's because the 3GS has a certain boot rom that makes every jailbreak untethered.

the newer boot rom 3Gs' are limited to tethered on iOS 5.1 right now. They changed the bootrom midstream, but my replacement still had the old one.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

the newer boot rom 3Gs' are limited to tethered on iOS 5.1 right now. They changed the bootrom midstream' date=' but my replacement still had the old one.[/quote']Oh crap, I didn't know they changed it. Very clever Apple.

Thanks. And actually that is 21087. The first real world PRL that has an ACQ record for 800SMR! I see it attached to SID 22439 in the NY Geo area.

So this will "see" 800mhz CDMA sites?

Are there any CDMA 800 sites to be found anyway???

Yes, there are 2 confirmed in the Chicago area & one unconfirmed in the LA area.

So this will "see" 800mhz CDMA sites?

Yes. For Chicago Sprint customers, your phone will check the standard PCS channels first. If it cannot find any PCS channels it will check the 800SMR band before roaming. It will also check the PCS band for EVDO data when connected on the SMR. Kinda dumb if you ask me, if PCS EVDO was available then you wouldn't be on SMR for voice in the first place. Just wasted battery looking for a EV signal.

This is only on the 21xxx PRLs on 800SMR 1XA capable phones, by the way.

SID/NID 22439/65535 Sprint Nextel - Chicago IL; Fort Wayne IN; Gary IN; Kenosha WI; South Bend IN Added with:

Pref Geo:Same Prio:More RoamInd:Native EVDO-Enabled:Yes

1X Scan: SMR/476 SMR/526

EV-Scan: Sprint - 0084:0AC0(Same) - PCS/150 PCS/225 PCS/325 PCS/550 PCS/625 PCS/75 PCS/475 PCS/600 PCS/50 PCS/675

• Like 2