Sprint LTE May 2012 Schedule Maps

I know this is a long shot question but, anyone know if they are inlcuding Akron, OH in the Cleveland LTE rollout like they did back in the EVDO days? I saw an article somewhere that they already have backhauls ready to go in the Akron area.

I know this is a long shot question but' date=' anyone know if they are inlcuding Akron, OH in the Cleveland LTE rollout like they did back in the EVDO days? I saw an article somewhere that they already have backhauls ready to go in the Akron area.[/quote']

The stories about Akron were erroneously reported by those who reported it. We debunked that story and explained what was being reported was 4G cores at Sprint Data Centers. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-162-clarification-on-reported-new-sprint-4g-lte-cities/

However, that being said, Akron is in Sprint's Cleveland market and will be included in the same deployment. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/gallery/image/217-sprint-market-map-cleveland/

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Pointless maps. Where in the US is Sprint LTE on at this point (JUne 5th) NOWHERE. Call Sprint and ask them for yourselves. Google search for one story about a happy Sprint LTE customer or an angry Sprint LTE customer. Look any data on upload and download speeds on Sprint LTE. Info. Does. Not. Exist, because their LTE network is non existent still.

Very, very angry and disappointed. For my market they sure have dropped a lot of unofficial dates using terminology like "hope to hit" Some of those dates: April 22, failed. third week of June, failed (this one was a promise actually if you read the news story and the interview quotes from Sprint high ranking rep). Failed, failed, failed. First week of June promised again... It's June 5th. Now they are saying July 1st - Oct 1st somewhere in that time frame.

Before you attack me saying "you're lucky you are getting LTE that soon". you can back off. I would have never signed the contract if I knew I would be waiting more than two weeks for LTE> I was told I wouldn't at time of contract singing. You may be one of those customers happily thinking you're getting a fantastic deal for unlimited crap speed on CDMA 3G for $79 a month. You are not. You are getting raked over the coals because their horrible CDMA 3G network is no good for streaming. Unlimited on WiMax is a decent deal, but locked on CDMA 3G on one of their newer LTE handsets it's a horrible situation to be in where each month the carrier wins in economic game and not you.

Data caps make no difference when you can't do a god damn thing because the network is too slow. This is THEIR business strategy I guess.

Hate Sprint.

Pointless maps. Where in the US is Sprint LTE on at this point (JUne 5th) NOWHERE. Call Sprint and ask them for yourselves. Google search for one story about a happy Sprint LTE customer or an angry Sprint LTE customer. Look any data on upload and download speeds on Sprint LTE. Info. Does. Not. Exist' date=' because their LTE network is non existent still.

Very, very angry and disappointed. For my market they sure have dropped a lot of unofficial dates using terminology like "hope to hit" Some of those dates: April 22, failed. third week of June, failed (this one was a promise actually if you read the news story and the interview quotes from Sprint high ranking rep). Failed, failed, failed. First week of June promised again... It's June 5th. Now they are saying July 1st - Oct 1st somewhere in that time frame.

Before you attack me saying "you're lucky you are getting LTE that soon". you can back off. I would have never signed the contract if I knew I would be waiting more than two weeks for LTE> I was told I wouldn't at time of contract singing. You may be one of those customers happily thinking you're getting a fantastic deal for unlimited crap speed on CDMA 3G for 79 a month. You are not. You are getting raked over the coals because their horrible CDMA 3G network is no good for streaming. Unlimited on WiMax is a decent deal, but locked on CDMA 3G on one of their newer LTE handsets it's a horrible situation to be in where each month the carrier wins in economic game and not you.

Data caps make no difference when you can't do a god damn thing because the network is too slow. This is THEIR business strategy I guess.

Hate Sprint.[/quote']

We hate pointless posts that violate nearly every one of our posting guidelines. Your post is not only extremely inaccurate, it hurts to read. If there are any other flagrantly pointless and unproductive posts, your account will be suspended.

Please go hate Sprint somewhere else.

• Like 7

You should check his other post that I already deleted. Apparently he squeezed another incendiary post in there before I put him on moderator approval for all posts. Ban ban ban ban

• Like 1

You should check his other post that I already deleted. Apparently he squeezed another incendiary post in there before I put him on moderator approval for all posts. Ban ban ban ban

I was able to read it in the email I received from the Report Notification. Thanks for your prompt Moderator action.

• Like 1

I was able to read it in the email I received from the Report Notification. Thanks for your prompt Moderator action.

Not a problem boss.

• Like 1

Is there a June map coming Robert?

Yes, its on the To Do List. Its much more time consuming than people realize. Hope to have it posted before the end of the week.

well just because the Eagles are the best team in football and thats spelled E A G L E S is no reason to not answer my question - is there any news for Philly?

Ive been a long time Sprint customer 10+ years and would love to cut the Comcast cord with LTE but currently I get 4G in the street but not in the house

thanks and that was E A G L E S

I'm going to have to play devil's advocate here.

I sense the frustration of the people like the poster who I presume got ban hammered. He chose to express the frustration in the wrong way. He does have the right to be upset, however.

It's simply more difficult to see the future even if you own a crystal ball. Most people simply want their network to work.

I can understand the frustration of those who crawl along on the Sprint network at EDGE speeds.

Furthermore, not everyone has the knowledge or ability to read a white paper on Network Vision or know exactly what a RBS 600 is. Even if they read that white paper they will still have a hard time to translate all that information into believing that it will be different this time.

Knowing Sprint's history, that's a hard sell. I am one of the people who thinks NV works. If it doesn't?

I don't even want to think about what happens in this industry. Dark place.

I'm going to have to play devil's advocate here.

I sense the frustration of the people like the poster who I presume got ban hammered. He chose to express the frustration in the wrong way. He does have the right to be upset' date=' however.

It's simply more difficult to see the future even if you own a crystal ball. Most people simply want their network to work.

I can understand the frustration of those who crawl along on the Sprint network at EDGE speeds.

Furthermore, not everyone has the knowledge or ability to read a white paper on Network Vision or know exactly what a RBS 600 is. Even if they read that white paper they will still have a hard time to translate all that information into believing that it will be different this time.

Knowing Sprint's history, that's a hard sell. I am one of the people who thinks NV works. If it doesn't?

I don't even want to think about what happens in this industry. Dark place.[/quote']

We handle frustrated people all the time. However, this guy stormed into our forums spewing misinformation and full of rage. Rage is even a part of his screen name.

Our forums are not grievance boards against Sprint. This guy has no interest in S4GRU and what the site is about. He signed up to post about how he hates Sprint.

Here is the S4GRU Mission Statement: "To provide a forum for discussion and education about wireless spectrum, networks, and Sprint Network Vision, in particular, in an online community that is mature, intelligent, and free from uncritical negativity."

As much as the poster has a right to be upset, we have a right to run an intelligent and mature Sprint board. And we would allow his comments if they were posted within the context of the Mission Statement above. The offending commenter had two posts. One lambasting Sprint, using inaccurate information about LTE deployment. The second one was directed at S4GRU. Both posts were in violation of posting guidelines and our mission statement.

However, there was a PM exchange between the violator and one of our moderators where the poster used extreme language and asked for his account to be removed. So, S4GRU suspended his account based on his request and not because of punitive action decided by us. The corrective action S4GRU selected was to put his account on Moderator Approval for postings until his posts started to no longer be violative in nature.

Dissenting views are allowed here at S4GRU. But those views will need to be rationally explained and backed up with facts. We will not allow this board to be a dumping ground against Sprint. There are already dozens of other places for Sprint hatred to go. But S4GRU is the last bastion left for Sprint fans. And the criticisms we have for Sprint need to be discussed in an intelligent and constructive way so Sprint can understand it and maybe even possibly act on it.

• Like 9

well just because the Eagles are the best team in football and thats spelled E A G L E S is no reason to not answer my question - is there any news for Philly?

Ive been a long time Sprint customer 10+ years and would love to cut the Comcast cord with LTE but currently I get 4G in the street but not in the house

thanks and that was E A G L E S

I answered your question on Facebook yesterday. I'm busy, so I typically ignore duplicate requests in different S4GRU forums. The Philly Metro market is in Round Two of Network Vision. It will start deployment in 2012. We will have an update article on this market in the next few weeks. Stay tuned to S4GRU for the latest updates about your market.

However, in your latest post, you mention that you would want to use Sprint LTE as your home ISP. I wouldn't advise that. Sprint does not offer unlimited usage for any use except smartphone data now. So if you plan on illegally tethering your Sprint smartphones to exploit unlimited data, that wouldn't be wise. Sprint will be cracking down on unauthorized usage on their new network.

A no holds barred open unlimited data experience is unsustainable. That's why Sprint only offers unlimited on smartphone data usage now. Sprint does not have the spectrum for LTE to provide personal in home ISP's for its customers. Not for even 15% of its customers. Neither does Verizon or ATT for that matter.

If you are counting on Sprint LTE to be your personal home ISP, you will need to consider other options. You will need to keep Comcast, or some other service. If you use Sprint LTE in violation, you may lose service altogether.

I hope you can work out a solution that meets your needs.

• Like 1

We hate pointless posts that violate nearly every one of our posting guidelines. Your post is not only extremely inaccurate, it hurts to read. If there are any other flagrantly pointless and unproductive posts, your account will be suspended.

Please go hate Sprint somewhere else.

Best post yet....go hate elsewhere ROFL....this is what I like about this forum....more respectful meaningful post and no trolling!

• Like 1

Yes, its on the To Do List. Its much more time consuming than people realize. Hope to have it posted before the end of the week.

Thanks for all Robert!

One quick note re: using Sprint as an ISP: Millenicom currently offers a semi-unlimited (~50GB/mo) package on 3G/WiMAX. However my bet is that it doesn't transition to LTE, and 50GB is less than Comcast's 300GB (with the new cap update) anyway.

Also, my bet is that, where Clear puts up TD-LTE hot zones, they'll sell unlimited (fixed and mobile) broadband there. They are the only provider with enough spectrum to be able to get away with this (and small enough cells to make sure speeds stay halfway decent). So, kind of like their WiMAX service right now, but better, albeit potentially with limited coverage expansion beyond "hot zones."

Sprint does have more cell sites than VZW/AT&T, and has a decent amount of PCS spectrum in a number of markets...this contributes to their willingness to offer unlimited smartphone data, as well as discounted data card data compared to AT&T, Verizon and even T-Mobile (depending on how you slice T-Mobile's packages). However when peak speeds on Sprint's LTE network can be matched by a mid-tier cable internet plan, you know that there isn't going to be enough capacity there to mount a wholesale assault on wireline broadband.

Maybe if they do spectrum hosting with Dish...

if sprint has a lot more towers than AT&T and Verizon, where does that leave them when they convert to 800mhz and multimode.... wont need AS MANY towers for that.

They aren't converting to 800, they are just adding 800 to existing multi-mode towers. So there will be no more reduction in sites with bringing 800 online. Sprint is installing 800 CDMA on virtually all sites and 800 LTE on approx. 80% of all sites.

Robert

• Like 1

Troll Troll Troll Troll

Wow, so much drivel and misinformation in that post. I've very glad to see how professionally it was handled by the group running S4GRU.

The one that made me laugh was he listed the 3rd week of June as missed for a "promised" date. By my calendar the 3rd full week of June ends 6/23 so either that guy has a time machine or doesn't know that today is 6/6 and there are 17 days until that "promise" expires.

Anyone who signs a contract without explicit language in writing of assumed promises is at fault themselves and has no one to be mad at but themselves for making a poor decision. We all know what happens when one assumes...

Sprint has not wavered from a Mid 2012 launch regarding Houston LTE. Anything other than that are maybes and possiblies.

Sprint has also been quite cautious about not advertising the LTE network to these early device adopters.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Will Beaumont TX be getting lte with Houstons launch? the map cuts off right before you get to beaumont so i cant tell.

Beaumont and Port Arthur are part of the Sprint Louisiana market. They will not come live with the Houston market.