Which current Sprint phones are best suited for immediate post-merger use?

PythonFanPA

Ignoring anything new coming out this year, and taking into consideration the transition period over the next say year+ starting once the merger is approved moving forward and cross-roaming is fully allowed as native, which currently available Sprint phones are best equipped in terms of overall band including/availability? Looking for say a top 10 or so really, for those of us who aren't concerned with the latest/greatest but looking for something solid over the next year or two.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PythonFanPA said:

Ignoring anything new coming out this year, and taking into consideration the transition period over the next say year+ starting once the merger is approved moving forward and cross-roaming is fully allowed as native, which currently available Sprint phones are best equipped in terms of overall band including/availability? Looking for say a top 10 or so really, for those of us who aren't concerned with the latest/greatest but looking for something solid over the next year or two.

I was going  to ask a similar question.     I wondered that too.    I think I'm in a pretty good spot as I have a Samsung 9+ and I know it gets all of the bands from both carriers.    I think any higher-end Samsung from the S9 (and Newer Notes) up maybe and some very new I-Phones?   

• Like 1

Pixel phones support all the bands for both providers, so they're an option. Samsung phones also are one SKU now, differing only in firmware, so they are physically capable of all the bands.

I think pretty much any phone on the market now that works with Sprint will be capable of using TMobile bands, at least with a software update (if they artificially lock out bands). Or rather, they'll support B2, B4/66, and B12. The only one that you'll want to pay attention to is B71, since some may not have support for that. I know Google and Samsung phones do though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It looks like my LG G7 from 2018 is compatible with T-Mobile's 4G bands, so I will keep using it.

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g7_thinq-9115.php

If I want a 5G phone, it looks like the Galaxy S20 variants are the only ones that are compatible right now with both Sprint and T-Mobile's current 5G bands.

• Like 1

iPhone Xs and up if B71 is a concern, if your area has B12 then anything back to the 6s. Samsung S6 and newer are compatible with B12, and anything S8 and newer is able to be swapped to T-Mobile firmware via a software update. S9 and newer for B71. Everything back to the OG Pixel for B12, and Pixel 3 for B71.

21 hours ago, JimBob said:

It looks like my LG G7 from 2018 is compatible with T-Mobile's 4G bands, so I will keep using it.

If I want a 5G phone, it looks like the Galaxy S20 variants are the only ones that are compatible right now with both Sprint and T-Mobile's current 5G bands.

I believe the T-Mobile's OnePlus 7t Pro 5G McLaren and Note 10+ 5G support both n71 and n41. Not sure what carrier aggregation configuration they come with, though.

• 1 month later...
Pixel phones support all the bands for both providers, so they're an option. Samsung phones also are one SKU now, differing only in firmware, so they are physically capable of all the bands.

I think pretty much any phone on the market now that works with Sprint will be capable of using TMobile bands, at least with a software update (if they artificially lock out bands). Or rather, they'll support B2, B4/66, and B12. The only one that you'll want to pay attention to is B71, since some may not have support for that. I know Google and Samsung phones do though.

Sprint doesn't block any TMO bands on their phones. Or att any vzw bands for that matter. Tho Sprint uses B13 themselves in Puerto Rico so that could be why there. TMO on the other hand might block B13 but they will get that in Puerto Rico

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The G5,6 and 7 should all work. The G5 tho will only work with mfbi B25 instead of 2 but then H+ for calls. Once H+ is gone done the line then that will not longer work. Unless the G5 can do VOLTE I don't know

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 6:39 PM, ingenium said:

But, wouldn't you need a new simmm card?