Build your own devices, routers, relays, IoT etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm looking at what to do in terms of a router for my Mobile Citizen SIM. My options are to by a prebuilt Cradlepoint, or one of LTEfix's routers, and then a Sierra Wireless modem that I can change the IMEI of. What direction would you guys go? If anyone has a link to how to change the IMEI, I'd also appreciate that. Thanks a lot guys!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Plutonium said:

So is the global RM510 good enough for the states? I want to get one but need to know if it is easy to play with imei/ttl. Need ot for verizon/att

It is engineering sample phase and good luck getting some mmWave antennas with accompanying MHF7 to whatever the mmWave antenna connect to. The Dev board they offer is probably key to this but it costs more than the radio itself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, ZanSai said:

Hello belusnecropolis,

I messaged you on the ROOter forum a week ago I guess you have busy and missed it. So I signed up here to ask if you could help me get the firmwares for LM960 & LM960A18. Could you get this "Telit LM960 Multi Image Firmware Updater V.32.00.0x1 (Generic and AT&T) for Windows host systems" for the old LM960 and the new firmware for new version LM960A18? I have both and the LM960 is missing the generic carrier profile (only has AT&T and Verizon) and LM960A18 only has AT&T config. I had tried to get the sales rep from semiconductor to provide the latest firmware for LM960A18 but he has ghosted me simply because he didn't know where to get them and kept providing me publicly available files and not the files restricted to vendors only. You seem to have all the latest firmwares already. Could you post somewhere for me or others to update? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have Sprint so my sim isn't working in LM960A18 and only 2CA (B41) on LM960 when I know my tower supports 3CA and confirmed with phone.

The lm960a18 is now on sprint quick base, however the units are still not able to officially provision. Does telit have sprint firmware now? And if so, have you tried again on the lm960a18?

@belusnecropolis any recommendations on something I can put together for T-Mobile? I want to come up with something I can plug into the WAN2 port on my UDM Pro and use as WAN backup. I could always go the Cradlepoint route but I thought it might be fun to try to build something. My home T-Mobile site is fully upgraded with Bands 2, 4(66), 12, 41, 66, and 71. Size isn't too much of a concern, I'll likely attach it to the side of my rack. This is in my basement but I'm close enough to the tower to have pretty good signal down here. 

s8xNuGa.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello, is it safe to put a EM20 in a H721 router? I heard some burn modems but LTEfix came out with the V6 version but said they haven’t tested it out. Have y’all had any problems? 

13 hours ago, DTG said:

Hello, is it safe to put a EM20 in a H721 router? I heard some burn modems but LTEfix came out with the V6 version but said they haven’t tested it out. Have y’all had any problems? 

Hey fren I have an RM510Q-GL in one right now until my mmWave board gets in, it works really well. I was one of those who lost an EM20 in the v1 M2M ;-; I still have that radio in a drawer lol.

The EM20 was an engineering only run so make sure yours is on the a08 firmware, that was the last most stable release.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

In a bit of a situation... since the Netgear LTE 6100d router/gateway I have is being retired/phased out with the June 30th shut off date, I need a LTE/5G router that I could purchase that would be BYOD capable to replace it with...

Any suggestions or help is MUCH appreciated!! 😀

On 4/7/2021 at 11:14 PM, belusnecropolis said:

6 hours ago, MarshieZ said:

In a bit of a situation... since the Netgear LTE 6100d router/gateway I have is being retired/phased out with the June 30th shut off date, I need a LTE/5G router that I could purchase that would be BYOD capable to replace it with...

Any suggestions or help is MUCH appreciated!! 😀

Any thoughts for MarshieZ in 2022? @ingenium may also have ideas.

Of course there are also the T-Mobile and Verizon internet offerings, but those are likely higher cost and lower priority.  Starlink is a lower tier of service based on my testing. Unless one lives on a farm or in the Great Plains, trees (quite common in the north woods of Wisconsin) can be a major impediment to continous service (chainsaws should be sold as option equipment, although Musk would likely prefer you buy his flamethrower https ://youtu.be/qLcma0YyzhY )

• Like 1