Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Guys, not to discourage discussion, but before you start discussing specific sites, address and their current status, do you think you could move the conversation over to this thread? 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/600-network-vision-site-map-colorado-utah-and-idaho-markets/

Or alternatively, you could create your own Colorado thread in this forum: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/30-s4gru-sponsors-forum/

That way you can discuss the intimate details of each site without worrying about revealing sponsor information. 

Thanks!

Thanks Robert. I am a new sponser, and didn't know quite where to go...... some of the forums have hundred's of pages..

You are correct Santa. My bad I didn't realize there is one right on tower. I think it's right next to a Starbucks. Well that is a good sign. I say next week it's live. Any other guesses? Well it's good news either way. its on high voltage power line tower

I am moving to the first thread that Dwellerwx posted for further questions about the site maps and all discussion about information we got from the maps. This is a general Colorado site, and we aren't supposed to discuss specific sites. See you there Jthawks CrimsonknightDx. Thanks again for pushing us in the right direction Dwellerwx. Santa.... ( I will post a hello on that site in a few.... )

• Like 1

I am moving to the first thread that Dwellerwx posted for further questions about the site maps and all discussion about information we got from the maps. This is a general Colorado site, and we aren't supposed to discuss specific sites. See you there Jthawks CrimsonknightDx. Thanks again for pushing us in the right direction Dwellerwx. Santa.... ( I will post a hello on that site in a few.... )

If it's easier, you can just say David. You're missing a few characters in there  :P

• Like 2

If it's easier, you can just say David. You're missing a few characters in there  :P

Santa is getting old with decrepid fingers. I actually used to be good at typing......   Sorry, David.... Phil  Thanks again for pointing us in the right direction....

Santa is getting old with decrepid fingers. I actually used to be good at typing......   Sorry, David.... Phil  Thanks again for pointing us in the right direction....

Hold tight. Creating a specific Colorado thread for you.

• Like 1

You can IM me if you've got a question about those tickets. That's a bit limited, becuase I can't / won't provide information that's not public. But judging from some of the conversations with customer care that have been described in this thread, I'm sure I can clear some things up.

Does Sprint give you estimated completion dates for specific zip codes, that they let you reveal to clients that call or email in?  From discussions that I've had with clients and friends all over the Denver area, it seems we still don't have 4GLTE turned on yet, like Colorado Springs.  I was one of the people in this thread that made a call to sprint customer care this week. She gave me 4 zip codes in a work order, mine being one, and said that it looked like we would have 4Glte in those 4 areas on April 6th.  Thanks again for your time and consideration. Santa...

Does Sprint give you estimated completion dates for specific zip codes, that they let you reveal to clients that call or email in?  From discussions that I've had with clients and friends all over the Denver area, it seems we still don't have 4GLTE turned on yet, like Colorado Springs.  I was one of the people in this thread that made a call to sprint customer care this week. She gave me 4 zip codes in a work order, mine being one, and said that it looked like we would have 4Glte in those 4 areas on April 6th.  Thanks again for your time and consideration. Santa...

I took a look at a few of those 27 tickets and they were each for towers that have already been upgraded. They're opening a ticket for 30 days on every ticket that's upgraded, just to alert care that it's been recently upgraded These tickets aren't really trouble tickets, in the sense that they're being sent to the network technicians to fix a problem with the associated towere, they're more of an FYI only. That way if someone calls in after a cluster is turned on customer care can quickly identify the situation and let the customer know what to expect for the next few weeks.

Like Dkoellerwx said, there's not a ticket opened for the installation of a new tower (at least not in our systems; I'm sure Samsung has some sort of ticketing system to keep track of their progress, but whatever they use, we don't see it). we get a general timeframe of when it's expected, but I don't put too much weight in those numbers. sometimes they're early and sometimes they're late.

Ive been on other forums and twitter and see a lot of people who talked to Sprint representives say April would be the month for Denver. Im starting to think April is the Target Launch for LTE in Denver.

Ive been on other forums and twitter and see a lot of people who talked to Sprint representives say April would be the month for Denver. Im starting to think April is the Target Launch for LTE in Denver.

4glte now go to the colorado sponser thread to see what I think. Thanks Santa

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5624-colorado-discussion/

• Like 1

Unfortunately you'll probably know before I do... the only specific information I have is after the fact. I have general time frames before hand, and then once the tower is turned on it'll show a specifc date for each upgrade. We used to have expected dates, but in the wrong hands that information does more harm than good, becuase we'll end up setting unrealistic expectations with the customers. So unfortunately there's not that much info I can provide to the board in terms of predictions. But I'm happy to help clarify some of the information that care reps or retail sales reps may be providing.

Im highly anticipating the next round of Accepted Towers on the maps, anyone else?

What's that old saying, a watched site never gets accepted? Personally I think I constitute over 80% of Sensorly's traffic each day. Thank you OCD.

Took these pictures this morning at DExxxxxx in Grand Junction. The workers said that they were putting up the antennas for Sprint. Looks like GJ LTE is on the way!

attachicon.gif1.jpgattachicon.gif2.jpgattachicon.gif3.jpgattachicon.gif4.jpg

Since this site is already 3G accepted, it must have been a GMO that is now getting a full build conversion.  Thanks for the info.  In the future, please place posts with Site ID's in them in the Sponsor section.  :tu:

Robert

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I know I'm not writting this int he correct thread and I hope someone can point me to the correct thread and provide the answer I'm looking for.

I had a question a while back about my Note 3 and if I needed to do something to get LTE in Denver South.  Someone suggested I force LTE on my phone but then someone else said that I do not have a tri-band device and it wouldn't matter.

I have since started noticing comments about 41, 26, etc and I assume these are different wavelength bands that LTE will be broadcast on.

My questions are:

1. What are the different bands?  What are the differences between them?
  2. What is NV vs LTE?  What is Sprint currently putting in Denver?
  3. Will my Note 3 (not tri-band) get LTE when Sprint rolls out the NV upgrades?  Do I need to wait for LTE?
  4. What are the anticipated speeds my non tri-band device can receive?
  5. What am I not getting here?
  • Like 1

Disclaimer: I know I'm not writting this int he correct thread and I hope someone can point me to the correct thread and provide the answer I'm looking for.

I had a question a while back about my Note 3 and if I needed to do something to get LTE in Denver South.  Someone suggested I force LTE on my phone but then someone else said that I do not have a tri-band device and it wouldn't matter.

I have since started noticing comments about 41, 26, etc and I assume these are different wavelength bands that LTE will be broadcast on.

My questions are:

1. What are the different bands?  What are the differences between them?
  2. What is NV vs LTE?  What is Sprint currently putting in Denver?
  3. Will my Note 3 (not tri-band) get LTE when Sprint rolls out the NV upgrades?  Do I need to wait for LTE?
  4. What are the anticipated speeds my non tri-band device can receive?
  5. What am I not getting here?

Welcome!

As a newbie, we'll give you some leeway... ;)

Check out this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

It should help answer some questions. If you still have more, feel free to ask!

Specific to your Note 3, no you don't have to do anything to get LTE. When it launches, you'll be able to use it. The Note 3 is a Band 25 (PCS LTE) device only, so expect maximum speeds of 37Mbps, average speeds of 5-20Mbps depending on the individual tower load and your signal strength. 

• Like 1

If anyone has photos of towers you believe has Sprint NV (like the photo below) equipment on them, please submit in this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5624-colorado-nv-maps-and-discussion/

That way we can mark them as in progress.

If you don't have access to that thread, post here!

Colorado1.jpg