Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Just got off the phone with Mary from Sprint. She said denver has over 27 tickets out right now upgrading the market for network vision. Each ticket has 4 or 5 zip codes. She tracked down one ticket for me: 80012 80026 80504 80123. she said that these zips are scheduled to  have Lte turned on on April 6 2014. It took so long to get this info out of her. I didn't ask for any other tickets.

If something does happen on April 6th, I'd consider it an extreme coincidence.

NV completion doesn't have specific end dates like that, nor are there any tickets for NV completion.

NV completion is almost exclusively scheduled in 30-60-90-180 day windows. 

Just got off the phone with Mary from Sprint. She said denver has over 27 tickets out right now upgrading the market for network vision. Each ticket has 4 or 5 zip codes. She tracked down one ticket for me: 80012 80026 80504 80123. she said that these zips are scheduled to  have Lte turned on on April 6 2014. It took so long to get this info out of her. I didn't ask for any other tickets.

Nice. It falls within the month for sure and is an actual date. Hopefully this kind of confirmation continues from multiple sources that validates this time-frame!

Soooo... I had to call customer service today after some lovely individual decided to steal my iPad. For grins, after filing the report, I asked if she had any further info regarding the LTE roll-out here. She asked me to hold for a moment while she looked it up. When she came back she read what she found; It said all towers throughout the metro area are scheduled to be 100% complete as of April 1st. She continued reading her notes which said there is a buffer of at most a month after the completion date for all cell sites to be brought online, fully transmitting LTE. It concluded by saying if at the end of April I did not see LTE then it is a device issue, as the network is scheduled to be fully operational by then.

Obviously, we all know the info provided by customer care needs to be taken with a grain of salt. However, because she didn't immediately know the answer and had to look it up made this info seem a bit more legit. Maybe we can get a couple guys from here (Santa, jthawks, I'm looking at you guys) to call customer care tomorrow and see if they get similar answers?

For the record, she was nothing but pleasant the whole time. Such an amazing job representing Sprint and setting an example of what excellent customer service should be!

I'm not sure where she's getting this information. The information I have (I'm assuming she's looking at the same thing I'm looking at, becuause it's the tool we should be referencing for the question you asked) doesn't provide specifc dates like that anymore. And generally not every tower will be upgraded at once. I suppose it's possible that one or more clusters would be scheduled to come up before April 1st, but there are generally a site here and there that can't be brough up with all of the others, so I would never tell someone that 100% of the towers in a generall area are going to be upgraded by a specific date. And that's for CDMA; as we've all read previously on this thread LTE follows when backhaul catches up to the towers. Hopefully that will speed up a bit now that the worst of winter is behind us.

As for the 30 day thing, that's a standard timeframe that we're all being asked to quote once a cluster is powered on, but it doesn't refer to the timeframe in which LTE will be turned on, it refers to the rough time it takes to drive test the network and tweak all of the variables to optimize coverage. From what I've seen with my customers in other markets, the first couple weeks after a cluster(s) are turned on may be a bit rough but setting an expectation that coverage will improve dramatically within 30 days is accurate. After that timeframe (or even within a couple of weeks in some cases) my customers have been very happy with the new network. So 30 days may be a standard thing for care reps to say, but it's not just a canned answer, it's a pretty good rule of thumb IMO.

• Like 4

Just got off phone with Sprint care. They said nv complete on my area and I should start seeing lte in my area before the end of the month. Hopefully her information is pretty accurate. She was very helpful.

I took a look at a few of those 27 tickets and they were each for towers that have already been upgraded. They're opening a ticket for 30 days on every ticket that's upgraded, just to alert care that it's been recently upgraded These tickets aren't really trouble tickets, in the sense that they're being sent to the network technicians to fix a problem with the associated towere, they're more of an FYI only. That way if someone calls in after a cluster is turned on customer care can quickly identify the situation and let the customer know what to expect for the next few weeks.

Like Dkoellerwx said, there's not a ticket opened for the installation of a new tower (at least not in our systems; I'm sure Samsung has some sort of ticketing system to keep track of their progress, but whatever they use, we don't see it). we get a general timeframe of when it's expected, but I don't put too much weight in those numbers. sometimes they're early and sometimes they're late.

• Like 4

I took a look at a few of those 27 tickets and they were each for towers that have already been upgraded. They're opening a ticket for 30 days on every ticket that's upgraded, just to alert care that it's been recently upgraded These tickets aren't really trouble tickets, in the sense that they're being sent to the network technicians to fix a problem with the associated towere, they're more of an FYI only. That way if someone calls in after a cluster is turned on customer care can quickly identify the situation and let the customer know what to expect for the next few weeks.

Like Dkoellerwx said, there's not a ticket opened for the installation of a new tower (at least not in our systems; I'm sure Samsung has some sort of ticketing system to keep track of their progress, but whatever they use, we don't see it). we get a general timeframe of when it's expected, but I don't put too much weight in those numbers. sometimes they're early and sometimes they're late.

So I understand completely, you looked at some of the 27 tickets and they were for towers that had already been upgraded... Soo  does that mean they are Network Vision upgraded, and waiting for acceptance? Thanks....

So I understand completely, you looked at some of the 27 tickets and they were for towers that had already been upgraded... Soo  does that mean they are Network Vision upgraded, and waiting for acceptance? Thanks....

Already upgraded. Accepted.

• Like 3

This is a first four me. I'm at 120th and federal in Westminster and I have no service. Very odd cause like I said earlier never has happened to me. So does anyone know what's going on up here? I can't call and I'm not leaving for a couple hours. Thanks

This is a first four me. I'm at 120th and federal in Westminster and I have no service. Very odd cause like I said earlier never has happened to me. So does anyone know what's going on up here? I can't call and I'm not leaving for a couple hours. Thanks

No idea. Restart your phone. Prl update, profile update. If that doesn't work.... use a land line.

• Like 3

I did all that. I will call when I leave.

Jt I am having the same issues on Hamden from Havana to Wadsworth over the past 3 or 4 days. I am assuming they are working on our upgrades. Just a presumption. Spoke with Sprint today, and they said the same thing.   I think we are going to see more of this until we make the switch. I don't have a problem with it. Pretty excited actually!

I figured. Thanks Santa. I will still call them later see what they say. At least I got WiFi. Honestly this is my first time with no service

Jt. My brother lives down in the Springs. He told me his service there suddenly became horrible for about a week before everything went live and now it's amazing. We're close, hang in there a little longer. It's going to be sweet.

Thoughts? This is on Pena near the big curve headed to DIA. US Cellular LTE?

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

That's weird. I'd report that in the Signal check thread. Gotta be an error of some kind.

What device?

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's weird. I'd report that in the Signal check thread. Gotta be an error of some kind.

What device?

Sent from my Nexus 5

My short-timer S3. Should be in a nexus 5 by weeks end.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Jt. My brother lives down in the Springs. He told me his service there suddenly became horrible for about a week before everything went live and now it's amazing. We're close, hang in there a little longer. It's going to be sweet.

I am hoping so, this week.. at my job, speeds have come to a crawl ( 70kbps DL ) which normally averages 300Kbps DL.  It is nice, getting LTE OMW to work now, pretty exciting. Can't wait.

Thoughts? This is on Pena near the big curve headed to DIA. US Cellular LTE?

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

We need the Engineering screens the next time that happens, please. Then we will know if you found something and if we should be excited. Thanks! :fingers:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

We need the Engineering screens the next time that happens, please. Then we will know if you found something and if we should be excited. Thanks! :fingers:

Robert what is the engineering screen? Thanks

Robert what is the engineering screen? Thanks

There is a hidden menu in most phones called an LTE Engineering screen that provides specific info about your LTE connection. Like signal strength, signal quality, channel, cell ID (sector), etc. It is a must for any wireless nerd to help see and understand what is occurring,