Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392854159028.jpg can't tell will these belong too and sorry for the bad pic. But according to antenna search there use to be Nextel and it also says at&t. But I'm not sure if that's correct. I have the base pictures coming next

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I see Sprint on the second tier there. 

Got excited today on the way home, saw a crew laying fine today the general direction of the Sprint tower near my house. Then saw that it said Comcast on the side of the truck, slightly less excited now.

Comcast does provide backhaul in some locations...

On my iPhone 5 whenever I'm cruising around i toggle on LTE and the "3G" symbol changes to 1x and the bars go down then the signal goes back up and changes to 3G although this takes a while does this mean my phone is picking up something or is it simply scanning and reverting back?

On my iPhone 5 whenever I'm cruising around i toggle on LTE and the "3G" symbol changes to 1x and the bars go down then the signal goes back up and changes to 3G although this takes a while does this mean my phone is picking up something or is it simply scanning and reverting back?

How longs a while? A few seconds? A few minutes?

Likely it's just scanning. If there was Band 25 LTE around, your iPhone would connect to it no problem. It can't see Band 26 or Band 41 so it won't be confused by that.

How longs a while? A few seconds? A few minutes?

Likely it's just scanning. If there was Band 25 LTE around, your iPhone would connect to it no problem. It can't see Band 26 or Band 41 so it won't be confused by that.

its around 5-10 seconds and thanks for the info!! 

Ive heard from Sprint Employees that Sprint is rebuilding there network from the ground up while other carriers are just upgrading there towers with LTE is there any truth to this? Or is this just some BS excuse to buy Sprint some time and convince customers to stay?

Ive heard from Sprint Employees that Sprint is rebuilding there network from the ground up while other carriers are just upgrading there towers with LTE is there any truth to this? Or is this just some BS excuse to buy Sprint some time and convince customers to stay?

No it's completely true. Every piece of equipment is being replaced. 

• Like 3

In a place like Denver, the market should perform pretty darn well for some time. Especially on a Triband device. Since Denver already has some of the lowest Sprint subscriber numbers, and so many more have left, and that it will be pretty much built with all three bands from the beginning...well, it should be pretty darn nice.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

In a place like Denver, the market should perform pretty darn well for some time. Especially on a Triband device. Since Denver already has some of the lowest Sprint subscriber numbers, and so many more have left, and that it will be pretty much built with all three bands from the beginning...well, it should be pretty darn nice.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

The only problem I see, is looking at those maps and seeing Arvada not being worked on, that's where I live

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

In my opinion most of the real value in network vision is the behind the scenes stuff; not the stuff that gets the attention like new towers, LTE, etc. It's laying the groundwork for future technologies that interests me. There are all sorts of crazy technologies in the works now that aren't available now, and Sprint should be well positioned to take advantage of them pretty soon.

The only problem I see, is looking at those maps and seeing Arvada not being worked on, that's where I live

I should have been more clear that I was referring to the post build out phase. Sorry about that. Arvada will be in a good position post build out of all three LTE bands.

Robert

• Like 1

It's been mentioned before that the maps are pretty far behind with the " in progress" sites. I've seen several sites around Boulder County just appear as 3G while never being marked as "in progress".

Has Denver always had a low market share of Sprint subscribers, or is this something that recently happened ?

Yes.  But it definitely is getting worse.  They pretty much have nowhere to go but up from here once the network improves.

Robert

It's been mentioned before that the maps are pretty far behind with the " in progress" sites. I've seen several sites around Boulder County just appear as 3G while never being marked as "in progress".

In Progress sites are reported from members.  If you Denver members do not report activity at sites, they will go straight from brown dot to 3G or 4G accepted one day.  All those white markers throughout Denver were supplied by many long hours of tracking down sites by our Denver contingent!  :tu:

Robert