Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

So you're getting no Band 41 after ZVA/Spark update? If so, that really bites! and I'll pass on the update until NV is solid in south metro.

that i cant say for sure right now. usually when that icon comes i dont get much time to check engineering  screen. i will update you tomorrow

I didn't take it as a complaint at all.  I just wanted to give a little more background to complete the picture.  I really enjoyed reading your post.

Robert

Ahh, well then thank you sir! And thank you for making sense of all this.

You should ask the Rockies what they are doing about enterprise grade Wi-Fi at Coors Field. The NFL is mandating its venues meet certain Wi-Fi availability and capacity standards. MLB should do likewise.

AJ

Rumor has it that there will be new stadium wide wifi at Coors Field.... But you didn't hear it from me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hmm.. not sure what to make of that.

You are not connected to LTE at all. I don't know why it is displaying the Spark icon.

I've also never heard of 1x800 being labeled "Secondary 800."

My G2 seems to display "Not available" for all the fields when the connection is idle and the LTE icons are dim.

I don't recall it doing that before the spark update. They all populate once the connection is active.

My G2 seems to display "Not available" for all the fields when the connection is idle and the LTE icons are dim.

I don't recall it doing that before the spark update. They all populate once the connection is active.

thats exactly whats happening to me after update. i was able to connect to band 41 allot but now nothing

So do Greeley/Loveland/Foco fall in to the 30 festival also? I have great 4g on my Evo 4g LTE a mile or two from my house. Wondering if I should begin final preparation for landing or stay in my seat with my belt fastened.

• Like 1

I'm new to posting in this forum. I have been getting LTE off and on in Fort Collins today.

What part of Fort Collins? I have a part time office around Oak and Main and haven't had a single hit as recently as last month. Very excited to hear this.

Mainly around the Shields and Prospect area so far. I was driving down Prospect by CSU and had almost full bars was able to do a speed test real quick and had 27mbps down and 13 mbps up. I'm real excited too. Just joined sensorly yesterday but the areas I had LTE are now mapped.

• Like 1

So last night while driving home from work, trying to talk to the wife (yes, I convinced someone to marry me) on my way home using my Bluetooth. I dropped the call 7 times. It seems the calls were not handing off correctly. Every time I had a call fail, I had only 1 bar... Than if went back to 5. This happened over and over. I figure it's because of the upgrades that see taken place. I had a co worker who has sprint, experience something similar in Arvada last week. Anyone else getting the same thing? I think this means we are really close to the switch being flipped on so to say. It's unlike sprint to have so many voice call issues. vysu7e2u.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So last night while driving home from work, trying to talk to the wife on my way home using my Bluetooth. I dropped the call 7 times. It seems the calls were not handing off correctly. Every time I had a call fail, I had only 1 bar... Than if went back to 5. This happened over and over. I figure it's because of the upgrades that see taken place. I had a co worker who has sprint, experience something similar in Arvada last week. Anyone else getting the same thing? I think this means we are really close to the switch being flipped on so to say. It's unlike sprint to have so many voice call issues. Posted ImageSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been experiencing the same issue here in Fort Collins. I lose all data coverage for a couple seconds as well. Noticed it more now that my phone received the Spark ota.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Well, he may be commenting on seasons past, he may not have done a new Wi-Fi SSID scan, or the Broncos may simply have failed to meet the NFL mandate yet.

AJ

I've been to a few games this season (including the AFC championship game, which seems like such a distant memory now!). I haven't tried the Wi-Fi lately, becuase it's always been restricted to Verizon subscribers (and IIRC dish network as well). But I did try it at the first game I went to this season, just in case something changed in the offseason, and it still took me to the login page where you've got to enter your verizon account number.

It really pisses me off, too <gets on soapbox> becuase these sorts of exclusivity deals are exactly what's wrong with the entire telecome industry, IMO. Stadiums are mostly financed by the public and wireless carriers use wireless spectrum which in my opinion belongs to the citizens just as much as our land, air, and water (or any other national resource). I realize that the Broncos pay to lease the stadium from the local governments, and the wireless carriers pay for their spectrum when the FCC auctions it, but I don't think they've paid the true market value in either case. And that doesn't absolve either organization from a certain responsibility to the public interest, at least from an ethical perspective (on a legal level, I'm sure they've got their ducks in a row and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it). Or perhaps my issue is not with the Broncos and Verizon, who are corporations doing whatever they can to make a profit, but with the government's oversight of the public interest. There are very strong arguments that the public interest hasn't been fully served in regards to either spectrum and stadiums, but I don't want to get too far off topic here so I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1391699743391.jpg this was taken this morning on 104th and like melody I think. It says connected but couldn't use it

With a -140 RSRP, I believe it. That signal is weak I'm surprised it connected.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

With a -140 RSRP, I believe it. That signal is weak I'm surprised it connected.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

that's pretty much what I been getting since the update to spark. The tower off grant and like Thornton park way is lte since summer and could connect before spark. So I'm not sure what this spark update did. Just letting people know

Dreaming of the day I can stream music, or update an app over 3mb. This coma has lasted far too long!

I used to get EVDO 3G at my house exclusively. Now I'm getting eHRPD, which blows away EVDO. Is it safe to assume I have been upgraded to eSCHB or whatever? Too many abbreviations! Is this the upgraded 3G that was coming along with the LTE?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you run rooted phones? I do and the Sprint Techs really don't know much about phones. I had to switch my service between my two S3s. The one I'm switching to has no ROM on it because I usually run CyanogenMod which leaves no way to update the PRL on the phone. I asked to use the WIFI at the store to download a stock rom variant so I could fully switch over. He asked me to leave. He was also baffled there was no software on the device. So I'm stuck on a phone with a malfunctioning power button. Anyway sorry for OT rant.

Edit.....

Speaking of CM11, I just went to that forum from here and found this post which I thought would be possibly helpful here. At the very least interesting. See how custom AOSP Based Roms can affect your network connectivity...

Sprint APN name for LTE and eHRPD by default on CM10 & CM11 is n.ispsn with that I have no connection. I must change it to r.ispsn which matches what I have on touchwiz. Lastly there is a MMS APN which has the authentication method set to PAP or CHAP comparing it to touchwiz I can't find where MMS must authenticate with the network. Setting MMS, LTE and eHRPD authentication to NONE, transitioning from eHRPD to LTE and vice versa is quicker, leaving it on the default setting I could be in a LTE coverage area and the phone would just drop all data connections until it re-authenticate with the network. At times the phone struggles to maintain connection, not due to network issue.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by sinisin
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1391706728245.jpg this was also taken this morning by a tower on I25 and 144th. This is the best 3g speeds I have ever seen for me

Hmm, looks like a post m1 migration 3g signal to me. We're working on that ping, one of the drawbacks to having a massive network ring, but oh the joy when it is done.

Hmm, looks like a post m1 migration 3g signal to me. We're working on that ping, one of the drawbacks to having a massive network ring, but oh the joy when it is done.

Ignore the ping on sensorly. It is way off in nearly every case.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ignore the ping on sensorly. It is way off in nearly every case.

Not as much as you might think. Maybe someday I will get crazy enough to show you a flowchart of the network vision equipment. Even if every stage adds 10ms this is roughly correct. The truth is, Netvision is not about 4g, it's the foundation for 5G, and thus it is a bit hefty, in a good way.

• Like 4