Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Does this mean the 4g towers in the metro area may or may not have backhaul completed?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The sites that currently are broadcasting LTE have appropriate backhaul. That's a requirement to turn on LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What is it then that the sensorly speed tests show 10ish mbps?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

That just means that there is more than just you using the site. Or you have a weak-ish connection.

The max speed possible on Sprint's PCS LTE network is 37.5Mbps, and to get that you must have OPTIMAL conditions. That means line of site to the antenna, no other users on your sector, and no interference whatsoever. 

You add 20 users to your sector, sharing that 37.5Mbps of bandwidth, speeds are going to fall. But it's still better than 3G by leaps and bounds. 

• Like 2

Good lord.

I just watched the legacy network nearly die a premature death when the Broncos won. Maxed out. 2 sites near the stadium redlined and had tech's stationed there to restart them and keep them cooled off.

Go Broncos.

Doesn't Sprint believe in COWs?

• Like 1

so if I have a 800 lte tower less then a mile away from when it goes live then will my LTE Speeds go up in speed and is it like getting 800 voice mean better lte bars in my apt?

LTE 800 isn't about speed, it's about coverage and signal penetration. Band 25 and 26 run at the same speed. The only time 800 will be faster is if the 1900 is more congested and the 800 has a better signal. But you can't force yourself onto Band 26 anyway. If the network decides you better belong on Band 25, that's where you'll be.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Doesn't Sprint believe in COWs?

Yes, but not in this case. A COW is usually used for coverage in the event of a site down long term or an event in a strange location. There are 8 sites within range of the stadium, some have been upgraded to NV, some not. 

Those poor legacy sites near the stadium didn't stand a chance.

• Like 1

Yes, but not in this case. A COW is usually used for coverage in the event of a site down long term or an event in a strange location. There are 8 sites within range of the stadium, some have been upgraded to NV, some not. 

Those poor legacy sites near the stadium didn't stand a chance.

Ummmmmmm yeah I may have been one of those guys trying to start a funeral pyre with those towers, sorry.

• Like 1

Guys and gals, I used LTE Discovery Saturday at Parker road and 225, and got Lte for 5 seconds before my Samsung Mega reverted back to 3G. I did it multiple times. So all of you that have single band 4GLte phones should get coverage there. I got 4gLte coverage briefly on Hamden between Broadway and Sante Fe this morning. That suprised me because I have a tri band phone, and I hadn't seen any Denver sites that had been upgraded for Lte and the Tri band phones. With the information I am seeing on posts from yesterday, we are moving in the right direction! Cheers. Santa...

• Like 1

Merlin, I have a Samsung Galaxy Mega, and am using the app Lte discovery. It turns off the radio feature of the phone, and picks up Lte coverage in the area for about 1 to 20 seconds, with readings, then reverts back to 3g. i understand why it is reverting, as I have a Tri band phone, and am waiting for the site updates. My questioh is this: I picked up Lte coverage from Havana and Hamden in Aurora, almost the entire trip to Hamden and Wadsworth this morning.(By running multiple test all the way down) My phone even switched to 4GTE by  itself at Hamden and Sante fe for about a block without me doing any searching.  The same thing happened yesterday. I also picked up 4GLTE from Hamden and I 25 South to 225, then East to Parker Road yesterday by running multiple tests. To your knowlede is GLte in testing stages in those areas, are am I picking up other company's signals. Thanks for all of your insights. We all appreciate you.

• Like 1

Merlin, I have a Samsung Galaxy Mega, and am using the app Lte discovery. It turns off the radio feature of the phone, and picks up Lte coverage in the area for about 1 to 20 seconds, with readings, then reverts back to 3g. i understand why it is reverting, as I have a Tri band phone, and am waiting for the site updates. My questioh is this: I picked up Lte coverage from Havana and Hamden in Aurora, almost the entire trip to Hamden and Wadsworth this morning.(By running multiple test all the way down) My phone even switched to 4GTE by itself at Hamden and Sante fe for about a block without me doing any searching. The same thing happened yesterday. I also picked up 4GLTE from Hamden and I 25 South to 225, then East to Parker Road yesterday by running multiple tests. To your knowlede is GLte in testing stages in those areas, are am I picking up other company's signals. Thanks for all of your insights. We all appreciate you.

did you mapped in sensorly ?

Hi there I just wanted to know if there is any progress on rollout in my area of 81063 because of the fact that I have been getting slow to no data sometimes and I haven't herd of any work going on down here did they forget about us down here?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Something big is about to happen in Longmont.

Possibly tonight. 

May have hit a snag, but sometime this week for sure.

Something big in longmont eh? :)

waiting in anticipation...

I see a lot of roaming, 1x and bouncing 3G today so far. I'm located off 17th and Pace st.

Merlin, I have a Samsung Galaxy Mega, and am using the app Lte discovery. It turns off the radio feature of the phone, and picks up Lte coverage in the area for about 1 to 20 seconds, with readings, then reverts back to 3g. i understand why it is reverting, as I have a Tri band phone, and am waiting for the site updates. My questioh is this: I picked up Lte coverage from Havana and Hamden in Aurora, almost the entire trip to Hamden and Wadsworth this morning.(By running multiple test all the way down) My phone even switched to 4GTE by  itself at Hamden and Sante fe for about a block without me doing any searching.  The same thing happened yesterday. I also picked up 4GLTE from Hamden and I 25 South to 225, then East to Parker Road yesterday by running multiple tests. To your knowlede is GLte in testing stages in those areas, are am I picking up other company's signals. Thanks for all of your insights. We all appreciate you.

That is something the Samsung techs are working on. I don't know for sure.

Something big in longmont eh? :)

waiting in anticipation...

I see a lot of roaming, 1x and bouncing 3G today so far. I'm located off 17th and Pace st.

Yeaaaa. That site just went down for ... reasons... :-)

• Like 1