Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

So just saw this morning I went from ehrpd to evdo-rev.a at my house. This mean t they are working on the tower by me?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Don't read too much into it, unless it remains on evdo after you reboot and/or cycle airplane mode a few times. I've had my phone revert to evdo multiple times each week for the past 6-8 months and nothing new has happened with the towers near me.

edit: If it does remain in evdo, I would tend to think it would show more of a "behind the scenes" work in progress being done in the metro area. Prior to the first LTE tower lighting up, my phone had stayed on eHRPD and then suddenly went to evdo for hours on end. Within a day, the tower, which is 25 miles from me, was broadcasting LTE. 

FWIW, I'm showing eHRPD in Arvada currently.

So I looked on the nv completed site map and the tower that shows up on my phone when I connect to 800 shows up on the map as just.3g. What do you think it's going on? Also today I connected to a tower in aurora with 800. Just letting you all know. I'm excited about it. Well excited about all of it

Just went to a T-Mobile store (Thornton) and did a speed test on a tmobile iPhone 5s , and got between 4 GB and 10 Mbps. down here in the north metro area of Thornton. I was getting an average of 5 to 6 Mbps on the only two towers of LTE in the area from Sprint on my 5s . While T-Mobile may claim they have the fastest speeds, and in some areas they might, that is not the case for all areas. I can only imagine what it would be like in rural areas.

While location is everything, and results may vary, my location was not very impressive, I will stick with sprint and wait it out.

From what I have seen with LTE in my area from Sprint, not too bad on par with T-Mobile's extensive buildout of LTE.

The saying goes, the grass is not always greener on the other side, and today just proved it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: replaced GB with Mbps because obviously I did not get enough sleep last night! Lmao!

Just went to a T-Mobile store (Thornton) and did a speed test on a tmobile iPhone 5s , and got between 4 GB and 10 GB down here in the north metro area of Thornton. I was getting an average of 5 to 6 GB on the only two towers of LTE in the area from Sprint on my 5s . While T-Mobile may claim they have the fastest speeds, and in some areas they might, that is not the case for all areas. I can only imagine what it would be like in rural areas.

While location is everything, and results may vary, my location was not very impressive, I will stick with sprint and wait it out.

From what I have seen with LTE in my area from Sprint, not too bad on par with T-Mobile's extensive buildout of LTE.

The saying goes, the grass is not always greener on the other side, and today just proved it for me.

GB?  Dude I'm going to T-Mobile NOW!  LATERZ SPRINT ;)

So I looked on the nv completed site map and the tower that shows up on my phone when I connect to 800 shows up on the map as just.3g. What do you think it's going on? Also today I connected to a tower in aurora with 800. Just letting you all know. I'm excited about it. Well excited about all of it

The 1x800 reports come from a different source than the 3G/4G acceptance reports. We don't have all sites that are broadcasting 1x800 marked. So it's very possible to get 1x800 from a site that is not marked as such on our maps.

Just went to a T-Mobile store (Thornton) and did a speed test on a tmobile iPhone 5s , and got between 4 GB and 10 Mbps. down here in the north metro area of Thornton. I was getting an average of 5 to 6 Mbps on the only two towers of LTE in the area from Sprint on my 5s . While T-Mobile may claim they have the fastest speeds, and in some areas they might, that is not the case for all areas. I can only imagine what it would be like in rural areas.

Edit: replaced GB with Mbps because obviously I did not get enough sleep last night! Lmao!

I'm with ya. I'm gonna stick it out too.

I was doing some tower exploring earlier today at dry creek and 25 where the recent green pin showed up on the map. Had my sister's note 3 and the Nexus 5 that I am testing with. Couldn't get the N5 to ever connect to LTE but the Note 3 did. It was pulling around 5mbps.

Any thoughts why the N5 wouldn't connect to LTE?

I have all three bands enabled on this phone if that makes a difference.

I'm with ya. I'm gonna stick it out too.

I was doing some tower exploring earlier today at dry creek and 25 where the recent green pin showed up on the map. Had my sister's note 3 and the Nexus 5 that I am testing with. Couldn't get the N5 to ever connect to LTE but the Note 3 did. It was pulling around 5mbps.

Any thoughts why the N5 wouldn't connect to LTE?

I have all three bands enabled on this phone if that makes a difference.

N5 need as CSFB in order to use LTE. The GN3 does not.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

N5 need as CSFB in order to use LTE. The GN3 does not.

Ah gotcha. I read your blog entry on this topic and was wondering is that a problem on all triband phones or just the g2 and n5

• Like 1

Ah gotcha. I read your blog entry on this topic and was wondering is that a problem on all triband phones or just the g2 and n5

All Triband devices are affected.

• Like 1

If only there were such a thing as a small, portable camera that you could snap a photo of the screen with. Could you imagine how awesome something like that would be? ? ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If only there were such a thing as a small, portable camera that you could snap a photo of the screen with. Could you imagine how awesome something like that would be? ? ;-) Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

If only it wouldn't be suspicious as hell, and most likely traceable back to me. There is a reason the screenshot is disabled.

Yeah, that's the max of a 5x5 FDD-LTE. So either you have a different setup, or the speedtest server is whacked out.

From another thread...

"

Maximum bandwidth of a single EV-DO carrier is ~3.2 Mbps. Three sectors/carrier makes that ~9.6 Mbps.

Maximum bandwidth of a single 5x5 FDD-LTE carrier is ~37 Mbps. Three sectors/carrier makes that ~111 Mbps. Multiply that by two (as Sprint has a 5x5 on 1900 MHz PCS G Block and a 5x5 on 800 ESMR), to get ~222 Mbps.

I have no idea what the bandwidth of a 20 MHz 3:2 TDD-LTE carrier is. Someone else will have to answer that (so I can memorize the answer and how the math works).

"

Maybe this?

From another thread...

"

Maximum bandwidth of a single EV-DO carrier is ~3.2 Mbps. Three sectors/carrier makes that ~9.6 Mbps.

Maximum bandwidth of a single 5x5 FDD-LTE carrier is ~37 Mbps. Three sectors/carrier makes that ~111 Mbps. Multiply that by two (as Sprint has a 5x5 on 1900 MHz PCS G Block and a 5x5 on 800 ESMR), to get ~222 Mbps.

I have no idea what the bandwidth of a 20 MHz 3:2 TDD-LTE carrier is. Someone else will have to answer that (so I can memorize the answer and how the math works).

"

Maybe this?

Not sure what you're trying to say?