Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

This is still the plan. Initial deployment is on schedule from when they started it, which was late by about 1.5 years.

I'm going by when work actually started (early last year) to when things are supposed to be mostly wrapped up for NV 1.0 (summer) which would put the rollout at about 2.5 years. The estimate of 3-4 years was for equipment starting to roll to finishing up. So they are beating that, but that doesn't really matter now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

was looking at sensorly and there's some activity on I-25 and araphoe rd ....

So can someone set me straight on this... I drive I-25 every day and map my drive with Sensorly but I NEVER get any 4g hits. I was also up in the 120th and Washington area which Sensorly shows as having a pretty strong amount of LTE and never got a hit either. I guess my question is: are these areas where LTE HAD been present and maybe not active while I'm there -or- am I just not using Sensorly correctly -or- is there something wrong with my phone that I am unable to detect LTE?

So can someone set me straight on this... I drive I-25 every day and map my drive with Sensorly but I NEVER get any 4g hits. I was also up in the 120th and Washington area which Sensorly shows as having a pretty strong amount of LTE and never got a hit either. I guess my question is: are these areas where LTE HAD been present and maybe not active while I'm there -or- am I just not using Sensorly correctly -or- is there something wrong with my phone that I am unable to detect LTE?

What is your device?

Sent from my Nexus 5

HTC One. I've tried switching Airplane mode off and on and the 'Network Mode' is set to LTE/CDMA in Settings. Even updated my PRL (which, if I'm correct shouldn't affect this in any way, just covering the bases) and profile...

I have the same phone and can't connect to any of the LTE hits near park meadows, south 25, or arapahoe and parker.  Even if I force LTE/CDMA as the only networks to look for.  No problem on C470.  Someone guessed they might be different bands of LTE.  

To force LTE only, go to the phone screen, type  *#*#4636#*#*, go to phone info, then select network.  You can even get it to log into GSM, though data doesn't work on GSM.  

Sensorly is showing LTE signal from Band 25 and Band 41. The HTC One only supports Band 25. I've used Band 41 LTE at Park Meadows before. You need a device that supports Sprint Triband LTE to use the other bands besides 25.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Merlin and those in the know, correct me if I am wrong please but it looks like we had come cluster acceptance activity over the past few days in the south metro area.

I'm seeing 3G only on the maps right now from the looks of it but I did go down Santa Fe this morning and tested on the sedalia tower. Had -57 dBm and was getting close to 3MB down. 

Probably not much traffic on that tower given it's location and time of day (or maybe there is, just guessing here) so I'm assuming it could be partially because of NV go live and partially because of capacity? I drive through that area frequently and can't ever recall getting more than 0.25mb down so this was certainly a maked improvement.

• Like 1

Merlin and those in the know, correct me if I am wrong please but it looks like we had come cluster acceptance activity over the past few days in the south metro area.

I'm seeing 3G only on the maps right now from the looks of it but I did go down Santa Fe this morning and tested on the sedalia tower. Had -57 dBm and was getting close to 3MB down. 

Probably not much traffic on that tower given it's location and time of day (or maybe there is, just guessing here) so I'm assuming it could be partially because of NV go live and partially because of capacity? I drive through that area frequently and can't ever recall getting more than 0.25mb down so this was certainly a maked improvement.

Here is the screen shot of the test results with lat/lon for those that are interested. I was parked between 1/8th and 1/4 of a mile from the tower.

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

Here is the screen shot of the test results with lat/lon for those that are interested. I was parked between 1/8th and 1/4 of a mile from the tower.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

And while we're at it the lat and long might be off just a bit, I didn't have the GPS turned on, just to be completely transparent, lol.

Not sure what is going on. There are no more legacy sites out there. My guess is that have to wait for extensive backhaul. Most of the sites are microwave bounce sites. Probably going to be an "all at once" type switch over to fiber once the most remote sites are complete. 

Other than the sites in the small towns all other sites are mountaintop pain-in-the-GSM sites to reach. 

Combine that with clay soil that turns to mashed-potatoes-mixed-with-glue when wet and crews not wanting to venture into the wild and it looks like late spring, early summer for you.

Right now it's going to suck for any crew that has to do any digging. I've been working up in Hotchkiss the last couple days, and we had to do some digging.  The top two feet of soil was frozen solid, and this is a spot that gets sun all day.

That makes sense. Thanks anyways.

I was joking. I can't really tell you where the switch is. I know where it is, but really shouldn't be telling everyone. 

As far as what it does.. it switches. :-)

It is the central connection between the network that connects the sites and the network that controls the phones. It distributes bandwidth, and handles transfers from site to site during voice calls while moving. It facilitates connections to the larger networks of Sprint and other telephone companies. 

I'm just curious to see what it looks like that's all. I'm assuming it's a brick building or something with servers galore. Thanks for the info on what it does exactly.I know about the at&t switch in downtown that is getting a major upgrade. I know a foreman there. He says it's full of computers and servers. Fiber optic cables galore.

Some switches are shown on our maps. If the TOY that is assigned to them has GPS coords in the database, then it inadvertently shows on our maps. I know that the Orlando and Knoxville MSC's are shown on the NV Sites Complete Maps. And there are likely a few more.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Calhan? Yea, that was a crappy drive.

BTW, heads up Durango people (if any). *wink*

Durango people here. Out to do some sensorly mapping now. Any updates on the area? Would be ecstatic to see LTE but nothing here thus far. 

Durango people here. Out to do some sensorly mapping now. Any updates on the area? Would be ecstatic to see LTE but nothing here thus far. 

Your equipment is there. You will probably go live in late spring when they can get all the fiber in.

2y4a5e8e.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

1) Where is this? I need to look into why it was installed incorrectly.

2) It's not nice to take pictures of naked stealth poles. They get self-conscious.

I'm not sure that's why I was asking if anyone has an idea on who this belongs too. There is no signs no nothing around the base fence. Looks like the equipment is on the roof. There are two towers just alike just like fifty yards away. One just says crown castle tower

Your equipment is there. You will probably go live in late spring when they can get all the fiber in.

1) Where is this? I need to look into why it was installed incorrectly.

2) It's not nice to take pictures of naked stealth poles. They get self-conscious.

Thanks for the knowledge Merlin. Much appreciated! Fingers crossed for late spring.