LG V30

Arysyn

7 minutes ago, Jesito473 said:

I have only 7 days for that hope to come true lol.  It's  unfortunate, because I really do like the device.  

Exactly.  I really like the phone, best device I have ever owned.  But the connectivity issues may be a deal killer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fizzicsguy said:

Exactly.  I really like the phone, best device I have ever owned.  But the connectivity issues may be a deal killer. 

I agree 100% I can't risk the loosing that trial period to end up stuck with a device that has connectivity issues, that may or may never get corrected.  Too much $$$$ at stake too. 

Wow, no connectivity issues in central Ohio. Maybe Fringe signal issue or what?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Maybe different hardware or driver revs?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, fizzicsguy said:

Mine seems to be having some wonky LTE issues as well. Takes its sweet time picking up LTE coming from a 1x800 signal. The iPhone picks it up right away.  Cycling airplane mode will cause the V30 to pick it up, but it seems to take forever to pick up LTE on its own without a radio cycle. Also, doesn't seem to like the B41 signal at all, loves the B25 though, once connected.  The HPUE experience so far has not impressed me. 

On a positive? note, I'm picking up 1x800 in places the iPhone simply can't.  This thing hangs onto 1x like a tick on a dog. Maybe it's a phone after its time?

Certainly sounds like it could be software issues. LG is usually pretty decent on this front, looking at the V20 and G5 in the past. The LG G6 has fantastic connectivity, and HPUE has definitely made a difference on fringe B41 signals. I now connect to B41 inside my house on occasion, which *never* happened with any other B41 devices I have owned (no new sites or adjustments in my area). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jesito473 said:

Ok so I turned off CA completely and I'm yet to loose B41, in a place I normally don't get it. Just an observation.

CA or Calling Plus?   If CA, which level did you have it set to previously?

18 minutes ago, Jesito473 said:

CA. I had it on the default before (FDD 2CA+ TDD 3CA + 2CA DL)

Hmm... is that FDD+TDD CA? Or is that indicating B25+B25 is on as is B41+B41+B41? It's also possible that 2xCA UL is causing some issues. 

What happens if you set it to 2xCA or 3xCA (TDD only)?

• Like 1

Hmm... I don't think FDD+TDD CA is active on the network yet so that might cause some blips. CA UL could also be causing issues, not sure if the network is completely ready for that either.
What happens if you set it to 2CA or 3CA (TDD only)?
Haven't tried it but I will and let y'all know.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jesito473 said:

Haven't tried it but I will and let y'all know.

Personally I think the 2CA uplink could be the cause of problems.  They likely tested this under config 1, while we are now on config 2 with about 49.7 % slower uplinks.

• Like 1

It’s amazing to me that Sprint would allow the S8 and apparently V30 to ship with B41 issues. Do they not test optimal network performance? Sprint needs phones to hold on to B41 the best they can to be competitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I read a review that stated the bloatware on the V30 was out of control. I was in a Sprint store today and handled a V30. I didn't see any bloatware on it. Is there anything to that story?

I'm planning on buying one soon. Sprint only carries the V30+ so now I'm thinking of buying the V30 from the LG website. The Sprint store didn't have any in stock today or I'd have that one now. It's time for me to make a decision. Sprint store or LG online. Your thoughts please.

• Like 1

So I finally picked up my V30+ on Wednesday night. Spent the next day and a half getting it set up to my liking.

Radio-wise, this phone seems to be about on par with my G4 - possibly a few dB weaker. I don't have B41 at my house, so I haven't been able to do much on that front. I do have B41 at work, but when I'm there I have to do, you know, work stuff. But from at I can see there and at customer sites B41 seems strong, stable and fast.

Overall this is great phone, and I'm really pleased with it so far. Despite the bigger screen, it's barely any larger overall than my G4. I've seen some comments that the phone has a plastic-y feel to it, but I haven't found that to be the case at all. Speaking of cases, I did slap a Spigen Neo Hybrid on it right away; it barely increases the size of the phone at all, while making for a secure grip with my sometimes sweaty hands.

Functionally, it's quick and smooth as butter, as you'd expect with a brand-new phone. Battery life has been awesome. Yesterday I was working in a facility where signal was terrible, but I still had 70% battery when I left; my G4 would have been down to 30% or less. My experience has always been that battery life is not so great for the first week or so, either due to battery physics or because the phone is doing a lot of background work for updates, etc. (I've heard both theories - don't know if either is correct). So I won't be surprised if battery life gets even better in the next week or so.

This is a lot of money for a phone, but I bought it with an eye to being future-proof for at least a few years. By then - who knows - we might be looking at 5G devices!

• Like 3

Anyone else have this issue? When using calling plus on my V30 plus, the earpiece volume is great, but when I am not using calling plus it is really quiet, even with the volume all the way up.

LAST FEW HOURS left in the iPhone Progressive Raffle.  Could win a new iPhone 8...or any device of your choice up to the winning value.  Have some fun, help support the site and possibly walk away with a new flagship device!

Click the link for more info:  http://s4gru.com/forums/topic/7762-enter-to-win-a-new-iphone-8-or-maybe-iphone-x-and-help-support-s4gru/

Robert:welc2:

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 6:18 PM, fizzicsguy said:

Update just showed up for my V30+. Looks to be over 600 Mb.  One of the notes said Performance updates, hoping some of the radio wackiness gets cleared up. 

I haven't had any radio issues, but I'm glad to see that security updates are prompt. Any way to tell if the KRACK issue has been addressed?

47 minutes ago, jlbattagli said:

I haven't had any radio issues, but I'm glad to see that security updates are prompt. Any way to tell if the KRACK issue has been addressed?

Can't seem to find any info on it. Noticed the signal strength indicator is more accurate now. I think it was always showing a bit false high before. 

4 hours ago, fizzicsguy said:

Can't seem to find any info on it. Noticed the signal strength indicator is more accurate now. I think it was always showing a bit false high before. 

Yeah, the signal strength indicator has changed from a solid block back to the traditional bars as well. Although I usually pay more attention to what SCP has to say.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...